This probably is an unpopular opinion. I don't intend to offend anyone. It's just my opinion, please respect it. I just don't find him that attractive.

Update. Don't rush and take it personal. I'm not saying he's a bad actor, I just don't find him attractive. And for all of you who disagree, I respect y'all opinion, not everyone has the same taste. 

No, I don't find the male lead ugly

I find him rather attractive actually,   he has an edge up over many even younger guys imo.  I can see why KGE dated him despite his old age.

Each to their own I guess.

I find him super cute and loving him alot!

There's many things an actor can control:  their voice inflection, their body mass index, the study and race towards the perfection of their acting craft.  To say someone is "ugly" implies stupidity upon the opinion of the person writing the question.  If his looks do not agree with your brain's interpretation of "good looking", switch the channel and find your perfection.  Otherwise, maybe keep this type of negatively off of humanities dinner plate.  

Kim MC:

There's many things an actor can control:  their voice inflection, their body mass index, the study and race towards the perfection of their acting craft.  To say someone is "ugly" implies stupidity upon the opinion of the person writing the question.  If his looks do not agree with your brain's interpretation of "good looking", switch the channel and find your perfection.  Otherwise, maybe keep this type of negatively off of humanities dinner plate.  

I have the right to express my opinion, if I don't find the male lead atractive it's my opinion and you should respect it, you don't have to be rude. Beauty is subjective, don't I have the right to find some more attractive than other? plus, this is the internet, if you are not ready to read comments you don't agree on, don't read them, and comment with a superior feeling just cause you think you are "right", cause when it comes to beauty, no ones is right. I asked a question without the intention of ofending, unlike you. This is dramaland, we follow and suport actors in the mayority of cases cause of their good looks and acting, so is it that wrong that I just don't find him attractive and want to know if anyone agrees with me?  if you can't deal with others people opinions just don't read the comment section, and if you wanted to disagree with (which is totally fine, I don't expect people to agree) you could've done it more politely.

^^ I agree 100% with you. You're not coming off as malicious, you're just stating your own personal opinion. The person that felt the need to attack you for stating your own opinion needs to take a bit of their own advice and not click on then go on to respond to something they don't agree with. Seriously, how bored must you be to waste your time attacking a stranger on the internet? Lame.

Anyways, I agree with you in that the ML isn't that attractive. If they are a good actor and are portraying a good guy then I tend to over look that and like them regardless. Same can also be said with a good looking actor who plays the bad guy- I tend to dislike them. 

I love him..it really fit his role and chemistry with FL. he reminds me of nam goong min..

A personal attack is one that goes after what cannot be changed:  a persons' ethnicity, gender, intelligence and looks are those I consider off limits because it can and does negatively impact another human's well being.  The comments that take someone to task towards their command of a chosen profession are something I consider completely within the limits of good debate.

That being said, the original title of this thread included the word "ugly" in it, which inspired my words of rebuttal.  The actor is a person with feelings and to call someone "ugly" in their given acting part hit my radar as off limits.  To my opinion, the current title is much more appropriate for this thread.

Lastly, my words are not personal in nature.  I did not include anything untoward the intelligence or bias towards the person  who started this thread.  I did take exceptions to the original wording within the title and am very glad to see it changed.  I expressed my opinion respectively and without malice and my apologies if you felt it was personal in any nature. 

Kim MC:

I Couldn't Agree with you more. Thank you for writing out your thoughts as well as mine(for the second reply as well). And to Yaritza Ventura I know that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and you tried your best not to offend anyone(coz I know that better than anyone) but from my point of view(2nd reply )Kim Mc is entitled to her own just like you said and sometimes we end up offending someone. No matter how hard we try but that's just the reality you 'll have to accept(but to me, it seems like Kimmc is just sharing her own thoughts). So, the best we can do is just apologize and move on. Oh and even if my comment ends up offending either of you. Apologies in advance.

Here's my reply to your opinion

I hope you don't jump into the show with some expectations of a cliche romance.

He looks like a baby in the body of an old person when he smiles. I love him. Oh and there's a romance tag and (minor spoiler)if u 've watched the latest episodes you would know that there's nothing creepy about it yet. Before rushing into the drama with your own expectations I would like you to direct towards the review of Redm apple where she says: Before anyone says our male lead is too old let me redirect you to Ji Sung's profile page. Ji Sung might look like a baby duckling but he's still a mature man in his forties. Also, our 'potential' couple has 14 years gap, but that's not a new thing in a kdrama world now, is it? Furthermore...female lead being 31, she's a mature woman herself. 

Oh I find him attractive. Considering his age he looks like a puppy that you can pet all day long especially his smile. It's my first time watching him and if this drama continues with the same pace of the first few episodes (his acting is Superb) He ''ll be my second favorite actor after Jung Hae In. (SITR) all-time my favorite.

Oh and as a person with suicidal tendencies(for the past few months). I love these types of healing dramas coz somehow they end up healing me a little.

Sorry again if my comment offended you.

ShotaSidePart:

^^ I agree 100% with you. You're not coming off as malicious, you're just stating your own personal opinion. The person that felt the need to attack you for stating your own opinion needs to take a bit of their own advice and not click on then go on to respond to something they don't agree with. Seriously, how bored must you be to waste your time attacking a stranger on the internet? Lame.

Anyways, I agree with you in that the ML isn't that attractive. If they are a good actor and are portraying a good guy then I tend to over look that and like them regardless. Same can also be said with a good looking actor who plays the bad guy- I tend to dislike them. 

I'm gald I'm not the only one. I don't mind his looks if he is a good actor. But I just wanted to know what people think about, and like always some take to personally.

My respond to Hanzi.

1. I'm not bother by the age gape, that has nothing to do with the fact tha I find him ugly. I loved Goblin even with the age gape, and others dramas.

2.  I'm not expecting a basic rom-com, and I love mental health theme. It has nothing to do with my opinion.

3. I love the female lead, and I know she's mature.

4. My opinion was taken out of context, I just find him ugly, it has nothing to do with the character the actors ability or anything else. People tend to take personally stuff they shouldn't.

First of all I am not watching the series, but I have seen Shin Ha Kyun in other projects and I do find him attractive. I just wanted to say that he is a great actor and he should be valued for that and not for his looks. I don't believe that the ML's (or any other character's) beauty should be criticized in such a way. It is your opinion and I respect it, since not everyone likes the same people, but I think that you could have asked this question in a more polite way (Do you find the male lead attractive?).

I am not trying to attack you, I just think  that you should be more careful with the words you use. I may not find it that offending, but other people will, and especially in real life situations or for a non-celebrity figure.

I personally find him really attractive but I respect your opinion though (But you could have worded it a bit better). Even if you don't find him attractive you should still try and appreciate the drama, its plot and the other people who have been cast. i'm finding the plot quite interesting so far and I can't wait to see more patients and how they try and treat/help them :) Shin Ha Kyun is just a bonus for me xD.

Shin Ha Kyun has never acted in dramas like this one. He usually acts in more serious dramas that involve crime and investigation so i'm enjoying him getting out of his comfort zone. i'm really happy seeing him playing a happy and bubbly character :)