I miss so much writing my editorials, as well. They were quite unique for me, as well. I was even planning on writing a new recap, but this big pause happened and I am not the only one who missed this train of emotions. Here's to my 2 cents. Cheers to good luck! 

Cryssy Anne:

I miss so much writing my editorials, as well. They were quite unique for me, as well. I was even planning on writing a new recap, but this big pause happened and I am not the only one who missed this train of emotions. Here's to my 2 cents. Cheers to good luck! 

I've only written four editorials, but I've always planned to submit more. At this stage though, I don't want to put the effort into creating an interesting article when it doesn't seem like it will even get published. 

I get your point of view. So relatable. I just gave 3 votes also, hope it helps somehow.Have a Happy Weekend! 

Thank you. This is so well written and reflects my concerns. I find the articles about ratings and actors considering a future project boring and I skip over them. 

Bookgirl529:

Thank you. This is so well written and reflects my concerns. I find the articles about ratings and actors considering a future project boring and I skip over them. 

I genuinely don't understand the value of articles about actors or actresses merely considering roles. They haven't even agreed to take the role yet, they are just considering it. Why...do I...care?

I am happy to see an editorial back, but we should all stop fooling ourselves: Editorials written by members are NEVER coming back. That much is obvious! Administration refuses to explain why, they are hiding behind "technical issues ". It's been almost a year if not longer since the editorials disappeared. A couple of recently published ones are obviously very old: one of the authors of the last one (BTW, so interesting and well written!) has not been on line here for months! That article, published two days ago, in spite of almost 200 comments, has already been pushed off the front page. They have employed writers to translate and copy & paste "News" articles some of which stay on the home page for days with only about 50 comments, on good days!!!

They never wanted to publish articles dealing with BLs either: flat refusing every article idea with that main topic. Authors sometimes managed to sneak in a BL or two inside an article dealing with other topics.

They are slowly stealthily changing the site apparently to focus more on "professional" news articles: they are turning it into K drama centred Soompy with a drama database.

The site owners/Administrators NEVER explain or share their vision and plans for this site. Now that they own a huge drama database thanks to members' contributions, what are they going to do with it? Monetize it, right? Cynical much, aren't I? Oh, yes I am!

I voted (3votes) for your suggestion, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you! 

If I may make a suggestion, if you do not mind, but you should post the link to this forum thread on feeds a couple of times. People there often talk about editorials and how much they miss them. A few months ago, @Shiro actually made a challenge about past editorials! Topics here, on Forum, tend to disappear quickly under the  onslaught of stupid games (counting to million or alphabet and such nonsense!)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I think it's worthwhile for the userbase to let their voice be heard on these sorts of issues, but I respect that not everyone feels the same.

DramaHeroine:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I think it's worthwhile for the userbase to let their voice be heard on these sorts of issues, but I respect that not everyone feels the same.

I hope you did not misunderstand my post: I support 1000% what you are trying to do, I feel exactly the same. I miss editorials as much as you do and in my post I was trying to point out the fact that there are many people posting on Feeds who miss the editorials as much as we do and would like to see them back.

On the other hand, if by "not everyone" you mean the Admins, that is plainly wrong from them: they should listen to us more and share their vision of the site development since we help make it grow (database!) and pay for VIP membership. But I am not convinced in the least that we are going to be heard by the Admins, no matter how loud we shout(number of votes!) and demand the return of editorials!

I am sorry for not making myself clearer: I am not very comfortable with english!

To be honest,  article are not useful to me . There are some things in this site which I rarely use, one of them is articles/editorials. I never even read them. Initially I started reading but found that it contains the same things which are already available to you in other parts of the site by others like drama recommendation (for this there is a recommendation  section, forum thread etc. you can give your suggestions there). , Drama Review (there is a review section for giving drama reviews, you can give your reviews there), Actors Biography (already in the actors' profile, if you want to add something, then use the edit function), Drama Recap (seriously) And there are many such things which are shown colorfully in the form of articles. I am one of those people for whom articles/editorials/news do not leave any impact. But I know there are people here who may not agree with me. And I understand that they want to stay connected to their love for dramas movies through these things. 

The admins seem to be ignoring this thread, so I made a post on the support forum. Hopefully the admins will notice it.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/121201-when-will-the-admins-bring-back-editorials-and-fix-the-new-writer-bug

Giuca:

I hope you did not misunderstand my post: I support 1000% what you are trying to do, I feel exactly the same. I miss editorials as much as you do and in my post I was trying to point out the fact that there are many people posting on Feeds who miss the editorials as much as we do and would like to see them back.

On the other hand, if by "not everyone" you mean the Admins, that is plainly wrong from them: they should listen to us more and share their vision of the site development since we help make it grow (database!) and pay for VIP membership. But I am not convinced in the least that we are going to be heard by the Admins, no matter how loud we shout(number of votes!) and demand the return of editorials!

I am sorry for not making myself clearer: I am not very comfortable with english!

Thank you. Your comment did seem harsh towards those of us who are looking for answers and some changes to be made, so I appreciate your clarification. My 'not everyone' was based on my understanding from your comment that you felt differently, and that we should give up. But you cleared that up, so all's well that ends well!

mjf314:

The admins seem to be ignoring this thread, so I made a post on the support forum. Hopefully the admins will notice it.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/121201-when-will-the-admins-bring-back-editorials-and-fix-the-new-writer-bug

My hope was/is that this suggestion will get enough interaction that they will eventually have to respond, but obviously, I don't know if that will ever happen. All we can do is try!

Bumping this back on to the first page of suggestions. Don't know if it will get any more comments or votes at this point, but I would love to get more people's thoughts.

Really glad to see inspiring, creative and fun Editorials (from BFFs, hype-, lookalikes to travel and date or dump) written by fellow MDL users making a comeback - Gotta check back more often just so as not to miss any editorial!

Had canned articles as the efforts were simply not worthwhile. Hope the first time writer issue will be resolved next.

Wow, 3 editorials in two days! I hope this continues. I really missed the editorials.