Sometimes I learn a bit which makes it clear I'd do well to avoid a drama altogether. I would like a way to flag this to have as a reminder in case I'm considering it without that information to hand. There's nowhere I can see for it to go on a drama's listing page but there are other places, like the way we have the Add (if it's not on our watch list already) and pencil (if it is) buttons in the listings for series an actor appears in. An option to have a red flag show up in those and perhaps other places would be good. 

I know I could put these in the Not Interested section but then I'll be reminded of them and things like domestic violence and abusive relationships every time I scroll down that far. A different way would be an additional non-visible section. I'd like to be able to leave a note for myself as to why. I'd like to be able to protect myself and then forget about it.

I'd also love to just automatically red flag everything from a particular screenwriter but maybe that's asking for too much. I'll do it manually.

Thank you for your consideration of this.

4votes

I like this idea. I like it partly because I think we need to have a different icon than the pencil for all categories of dramas.

Popcxqueen:
I think we need to have a different icon than the pencil for all categories of dramas.

what you are saying is already suggested https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/119803-different-icons-for-saw-want-to-see-and-want-to-rewatch

but Elisheva  suggestion is different from this  i think so.  

ASTER:

what you are saying is already suggested https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/119803-different-icons-for-saw-want-to-see-and-want-to-rewatch

but Elisheva  suggestion is different from this  i think so.  

Yes, mine is different but it would make sense for the devs to work on the two together. I've been picturing it as a separate red flag icon next to the Add/Pencil button but it could also be a change to that button itself.

A red flag indication is more important to me than marking one as something I've completed or want to rewatch, but then I'm relatively new to this.

I think it makes sense to combine the efforts and let us have all of the above. I'd like a different icon for each category, and that could include a red flag for what I'm not interested in or want to avoid.

I like the idea, but it shouldn't be based on keywords because they are random and they usually don't match the content.

It's a good idea and I support it, but I'd like some control on the filters.

cchristina:

I like the idea, but it shouldn't be based on keywords because they are random and they usually don't match the content.

It's a good idea and I support it, but I'd like some control on the filters.

I've not thought of this in terms of filters or keywords. Aside from wishing I could just red flag everything by one particular screenwriter, I've not thought about it in terms of it doing the work for me. Just a way to leave an indication for myself from information I've read in comments, reviews or elsewhere.