The Story of Hua Zhi: Blossoms in Adversity

One of the best Chinese dramas in 2024.  

The romance between Hua Zhi and Gu Yan Xi is warm and loving.  Both show respect towards each other.  This kind of romance attracts more mature viewers.  Unlike some C-dramas where the female leads do cutie acts which I find very annoying.

I agree. It is so refreshing in a cdrama that the leads are this understanding (especially the FL).

In just a few episodes, Zhang Jingyi's Hua Zhi has become my favorite Femald lead this year.

88Joy88:

I agree. It is so refreshing in a cdrama that the leads are this understanding (especially the FL).

In just a few episodes, Zhang Jingyi's Hua Zhi has become my favorite Femald lead this year.

Agree.  I never liked her previous dramas but this one she has managed to overcome my bias.

I have seen Zhang Jingyi in another drama (Fall in Love) where she also plays a strong female lead. I really loved it, she has this ability to play a smart female character!

As for their romance, I am really looking forward. TBH, I usually skip the school/teaching part and the business drama ones. I enjoy the political and the unsolved mystery (Grandmother and the Empress, the burned house, the conflict with the Yanxi family etc). I just can't wait for their romance to fully develop. I really like how Yanxi helps Hua Zhi in more subtle way, she usually seeks advice from him and also a shoulder to lean on. You can really feel like they had a deeper connection instantly from early on.

Hua Zhi showed how mature she is in Episode 16 and this is just the beginning. I hope the screenwriter and director did not change her character later on! 

shikyu:

I have seen Zhang Jingyi in another drama (Fall in Love) where she also plays a strong female lead. I really loved it, she has this ability to play a smart female character!

As for their romance, I am really looking forward. TBH, I usually skip the school/teaching part and the business drama ones. I enjoy the political and the unsolved mystery (Grandmother and the Empress, the burned house, the conflict with the Yanxi family etc). I just can't wait for their romance to fully develop. I really like how Yanxi helps Hua Zhi in more subtle way, she usually seeks advice from him and also a shoulder to lean on. You can really feel like they had a deeper connection instantly from early on.

Hua Zhi showed how mature she is in Episode 16 and this is just the beginning. I hope the screenwriter and director did not change her character later on! 

The pairing is perfect.  When ZJY was paired with Chen Xing Xu in the drama set during the Republican era, they were awful in that drama.  

mparthur:

The Story of Hua Zhi: Blossoms in Adversity

One of the best Chinese dramas in 2024.  

The romance between Hua Zhi and Gu Yan Xi is warm and loving.  Both show respect towards each other.  This kind of romance attracts more mature viewers.  Unlike some C-dramas where the female leads do cutie acts which I find very annoying.

Give me an example of these cutie acts you find annoying so I can understand the difference. 

mparthur:

Agree.  I never liked her previous dramas but this one she has managed to overcome my bias.

Same. she's definitely joining my list of level headed cdrama queens!!

Vincenzo Cassano:

Give me an example of these cutie acts you find annoying so I can understand the difference. 

The Longest Promise starring Xiao Zhan and Ren Min.  I dropped this drama as soon as the cutie act started by the FL.  

I do hope they will have a happy ending!

Episode 32 & 33 had me in tears and I'm worried about their future!

mparthur:

you watched Lighter and Princess already? Blossoms in Adversity is my favorite as well as L&P . 

looking forward to the new episode today. not sure if it will be 2 like yesterday? 

casual_investor:

you watched Lighter and Princess already? Blossoms in Adversity is my favorite as well as L&P . 

I tried too but Arthur Chen'a constipated expression destroyed my mood so I dropped it.

Zhang Jingyi does not have many shows. but she does get good story lines.