I believe that everyone should always have their own opinion on everything and listen to themselves first and then to others. So despite a lot of negative reviews and comments, I started watching the Chinese drama Bright as the Moon, and I did the right thing.

From the very beginning, I considered the drama to be a light fairy tale for relaxing, so I didn't make any special demands on it. Besides, I hadn't read the original novel, so I had nothing to compare the series with. It's even better, because a novel and a TV series are, as we say in Odesa, two big differences.

Odesa is a very beautiful, historic and cultural Ukrainian city. It is the city of my student youth. I lived there while I was studying at university. And now this beautiful city is being bombed every day by those rashist scum.

I decided to watch the drama Bright as the Moon for two reasons: because I liked its title and because of the actress who performed the female lead in it. I love the moon. Perhaps it's because I was born almost at midnight, and even on such a hot night that there was no air to breathe on the street. Maybe that's why I'm so passionate.

Many Chinese actors take on English names alongside their real names. If I had to take a Chinese name alongside my real name, I would choose the name Yue, which in Chinese literally means the moon. I recently found out that the moonlight is so bright that some types of flowers bloom at night. As for the lead actress, Zhang Zhi Xi, I liked her acting in the historical drama The Advisors Alliance, so I decided to watch another series with her participation.

The English subtitles that are added to the episodes of this drama on YouTube are very bad. It is impossible to watch the series properly with them. Personally, I watched episodes with automatic translation of Chinese subtitles into Ukrainian. It was more understandable. Thank God that there is such a useful feature on YouTube as automatic translation of subtitles.

The drama should be seen not only as a historical fairy tale, but also as a fantasy comedy. I laughed so much while watching it. Although here comedy is combined with tragedy, because the series also has many sad moments.

I really liked the opening and the ending musical credits. I especially liked the end of the opening one: the main heroine and the main hero stood opposite each other, however, the main heroine was on the ascension, by the moonlight, and on a blue background, Chinese hieroglyphs were depicted in a yellow and gold colour, as well as the title of the series in English. It's so cool and beautiful! It's another blue and yellow series. :)

The songs in the drama are very beautiful, just fairy-tale ones. This is the best thing in the series. And they sounded exactly in those scenes where it was necessary. Although they are somewhat sad, they will not leave anyone untouched.

Of course, there are many holes and gaps in the plot. But I was still interested in watching the story and had no desire to stop watching the series. The beginning episodes may seem a bit boring, but then the story starts to get more and more interesting. The drama has very well staged fights. The scenes with them look quite realistic.

All of the actors have attractive looks, especially the male cast. But, unfortunately, not all of them coped with their roles, some of them just cheated. Among the actresses, I liked the acting of Zhang Zhi Xi, Zhang Mo Xi (Vera Zhang) and Gao He Xi the most, and among the actors the best were Tong Meng Shi, Wang Hao Zhen (Ben Wang) and Li Chang.

Despite the criticism of many viewers, in my opinion, Zhang Zhi Xi coped with her role of Yun Qian Yue. Her heroine was a bit annoying in the early episodes. Her behaviour should have been more adult and more moderate. However, in the next episodes, her behaviour changed for the better. Yun Qian Yue turned out to be strong, intelligent, educated and knowledgeable about many things. But I want to admit that I have liked both the character of Zhang Zhi Xi and her acting in The Advisors Alliance more.

While watching the drama, I almost fell in love with its main hero, Rong Jing. The credit for this goes to Tong Meng Shi, who has acted him very well. As for me, he acted the best out of all the actors and actresses of the series. Most men are narrow-minded, with no interest in anything but sex, beer and football. Rong Jing is different. He can really listen and understand a woman, although he hides many of his positive qualities. And he is very similar to Mei Chang Su from the drama Nirvana in Fire. Their life stories are also very similar.

But Rong Jing is not perfect. He did such a stupid thing in the series. When he was standing and lying to his beloved woman, I was sitting, looking at it and thinking “what are you babbling? for what are these lies?” And when the main heroine was crying and trying to repair the broken jewellery, I thought “don't worry, I'll give you superglue, you'll glue it, and it will be like new”. :) But Rong Jing still the best, because compared to him, the bulk of the men in the series are, pardon, jerks, especially the first, the second and the fourth princes. :)

And now I would like to draw your attention to some things that I have noticed in the drama Bright as the Moon. Firstly, just like in the Chinese series Sound of the Desert, I have seen again in Bright as the Moon the familiar patterns that are depicted on my bedspread which is made in Turkey, and on my blue and yellow face and body towels.

The pattern that is depicted on my Turkish bedspread can be seen, for example, at the beginning of the seventh episode, on the sleeping roller on which the main heroine Yun Qian Yue lies. This pattern can be seen on various things in other episodes, notably in the twenty-first and twenty-second ones on the bedspread and sleeping rollers that lie on the bed on which Princess Ye Qian lies.

The pattern that is depicted on my blue and yellow towels can be seen, for example, in the ninth episode on the carpet in the scene with the participation of the third prince at the twenty-first minute of the episode. It can also be found on the railing of the fourth prince's bed in the tenth, eleventh and twelfth episodes. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, read my review on Sound of the Desert. I wrote everything in detail in it.

Well, will you still think it is an accident?.. Personally, I think that God gives me hints that I'm watching the right dramas, the dramas that He has prepared personally for me in advance. It was also no coincidence that my mother once bought me those Turkish bedspread and blue and yellow towels.

I also noticed something else in the drama. In the thirteenth episode, in a Buddhist temple, a huge Buddha statue has a swastika on its chest, which Adolf Hitler has turned into a Nazi symbology. No wonder that such a tyrant, fanatic and murderer as Hitler used a Buddhist pagan sign as a symbol of Nazism. And after that, the Chinese dare to call us, Ukrainians, Nazis! They should have looked at themselves first.

All those statues and images of Buddha are idols, and worshiping them is idolatry. It is disgusting and an abomination to God. God's commandments in the Bible (the Book of Exodus, chapter 20) forbid worshiping anyone or anything except God. The same applies to Orthodox icons, wearing a cross around the neck and worshipping it. These are the same idols and the same idolatry. That was the main reason why I moved from Orthodoxy to Protestantism.

Neither what is in heaven nor what is on earth, nor the creations of human hands, nor animals, nor humans, nor even angels, should be worshipped, but only God alone. Even God's prophets, Christ's apostles, His disciples and even His mother cannot be worshipped or prayed to because they were all sinners and needed to be saved. There are no saints except God. Angels are not to be bowed either because they are only our helpers.

I will give you examples from the Bible. When the people of Lystra, seeing the miracles done by the apostles Paul and Barnabas, wanted to worship them and offer them sacrifices, the apostles stopped them and began to shout that they were just as mortal as other people (the Acts of the Apostles, chapter 14). When the Apostle John wanted to worship the angel, the angel forbade him and told John to worship God (the Apocalypse, chapter 22, verses 8, 9).

The Bible also forbids disturbing the souls of the dead, addressing them and praying to them. We should also not go to fortune tellers, mediums or sorcerers. This is also an abomination to God. Protestants don't have icons, they don't worship or pray to them; they don't make the sign of the cross, most of them don't wear a cross around their necks and don't worship it, and rightly so, because you can't worship the instrument of the murder of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I'll tell you about my experience. For twelve years I wore a cross around my neck as a symbol of my faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It is customary in Orthodoxy. And all these twelve years, one trouble in my life has come after another, and the black streak in my life has not ended until I have removed that cross at the beginning of this year.  

When I took it off my neck, I felt as if it had burned a hole in my chest. I felt like Frodo Baggins from The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, who wore Sauron's One Ring around his neck. J. R. R. Tolkien probably didn't fully realise what a wonderful series of books he wrote with God's help. At the same time, when I took off the cross from my neck, I felt free, as if I had been freed from a yoke that had tormented me for a long time.

I also attended an Orthodox temple for several years and loved to embroider Orthodox icons with beads; I had many of them hanging on the walls in my apartment, I burned incense in front of them, lit candles and prayed to the images on them. And when I started to embroider another icon, the largest of them, strange things began to happen to me. At first, I had a nightmare, namely, I dreamt about the icon I was embroidering, but the person depicted on it had devil horns. I got really scared, but at that time I didn't understand the meaning of that dream.

And then I started to get sick all the time. One illness came after another, and I couldn't get over it. From one hospital I went to another. One illness particularly tormented me, it did not allow me to live and work normally. Meanwhile, strange things continued to happen to me. One day, my smartphone's alarm didn't go off, which I remembered exactly I had set. And bloodstains appeared out of nowhere on the ceiling of my bathroom. I wiped them off, but after a while they appeared again.

Also, while I had the icons in my apartment, I was terribly tormented by lust, I didn't know where to get away from it. But I endured all of that because I believed that embroidering an icon was a holy thing, so I had to endure all of those devilish plots. As I was constantly sick, my bosses started to bully me. Because of that I had to leave my job, where I had been working for more than seven years. Later I got another job, which I also lost when russia started a full-scale war against my country.

When I finally understood what was going on, because God revealed to me the cause of all my misfortunes, I took all the icons I had in my home and moved them out of my apartment. It has happened at the beginning of this year. At the same time, I took the cross off my neck. After I took all that nastiness out of the apartment, I cured of the disease that had been plaguing me, I also stopped feeling lust, my life quickly began to improve, and most importantly, I freed from my addiction to Huang Xuan and his acting works.

He has a terrible sexuality. According to his natal chart, he has Venus in Aries. I will quote you a description of what it means: “People with Venus in Aries can only be described in one word demons. They are demonically immoral. They are shameless in the way they brazenly pursue the object of their desire. They are highly impulsive and impatient in all things related to love and relationships. The more cultured parts of their personality may try to suppress it, but there is something wild in their way of loving, something that can never be completely suppressed by so-called civilised behaviour.” I think anyone who knows Huang Xuan closely would agree with this description. No wonder he had been bothering Xu Lu for many years.

That's the “groom” that satan prepared for me: a rough-hewn fool, over whom all his surroundings and so-called friends laughed, a drunkard and a mental ill person, and pushed him under my nose so that I would commit suicide because of my unhappy love for him. What a horror, just imagine! God saved me in time. He never abandons His people, so He helped me. He literally pulled me out of the clutches of the devil. I was like a sheep that was tangled in the reeds. God untangled me and brought me out of there.

After that, I analysed my life and understood everything. And I finally understood the meaning of the nightmare I had. I thought I was pious, that I was serving God, but in fact I had fallen into such heresy.

I have not already attended an Orthodox temple for several years. There is neither Christ nor God's truth there. The Orthodox Church, as well as the Catholic Church, have turned from Christian churches into sects with a lot of heresies.

The head of the Christian Church is Christ, not some pope. God doesn't need governors or intermediaries between Him and people who believe in Him. Because it is written in the Bible: “This is the Testament that I will make with the house of Israel in those days, says the Lord: “I will put My laws in their minds and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they will be My people” (the Epistle to the Hebrews, chapter 8, verse 10).

You don't even need a temple to serve and worship God. Because Jesus has said that those who believe in God will not worship Him in a temple, but in every place in spirit and truth. And if you only would know what sexual perversions prevail among Orthodox and Catholic priests, metropolitans and cardinals, monks and nuns: homosexuality, paedophilia, orgies, etc.

I could explain and quote the Bible to you for a long time, but I will not overload my review with it. I will rather recommend you to read an article that briefly, clearly and concisely describes the difference of Protestants from Catholics and Orthodox.

This article is in Ukrainian, but I think you can easily translate it into your native language using online translators. Here is a link to it: https://slovoproslovo.info/chim-v-dr-znyayutsya-protestanti-v-d-katolik-v-pravoslavnih/. It is useful because it contains many quotations from the Bible and references to the places in the Bible that are quoted. You can read even more about Protestants on the Internet, but even if you only read the article I recommend, you will learn a lot and understand why I have become a Protestant.

You know, this year, when God has opened my eyes to the truth, I have begun to understand the Bible in a new way. When I have started to read it again this year, I have begun to understand it differently and to pay attention to things that I have not noticed before. It was like I was reading it for the first time. But in reality, God just hid those things from me for a while, because I had to go through that painful but necessary experience, I had to pass that test.

Now I understand the Apostle Paul better. When he was persecuting the first Christians, he also thought he was serving God, until Jesus appeared to him in the form of light and revealed the truth. And we were both destined to preach God's Gospel to the pagans.

Now I feel that the dark streak in my life is over. God saved me, healed me and revealed to me the right, healthy way of life. I hinted at it in my review on the Chinese series Turn on the Right Way to Life. He showed me what I was doing wrong and helped me to correct my life.

I don't know if we should believe in Chinese feng shui. I haven't researched this issue yet. What I do know is that things that are near a person or in thhis or her home definitely affect the person, the atmosphere around him or her, and the atmosphere in his or her home. That's why I conducted an audit of my home and threw away the junk that bothered me or was not needed. You know, my life has become much better and easier.

One day my mother told me the following expression she had read on the Internet: God sends us trials not to make us despair, but to make us stronger.” And so it is. I have become stronger, and I will no longer allow any lowlife to wipe his feet on me or make me cry.

I would like to note that the Chinese created a lot of good things: Qigong, a special therapeutic practice developed by the famous ancient Chinese physician Hua Tuo, in the form of imitating the gestures of five animals, acupuncture, etc. But they don't understand that it is given to them from the true God the Holy Trinity. That's why they remain stubborn pagans, thinking that this way they are protecting their culture. No one will take away their culture, everything will be fine with it.

Let's take the Republic of Korea as an example. Christianity is actively spreading there. But no one is taking away Korean culture from the Koreans, they honour and preserve it. I like a lot of things in Chinese culture that don't contradict the Bible and benefit people, otherwise I wouldn't watch Chinese series. But a Buddha statue with a Nazi swastika on its chest is not culture, it's disgusting.

I would also like to say something regarding Huang Xuan. He loves acting in propaganda films and TV series, especially about China's war against the USA. If China does start an open war against some country, I would like that Huang Xuan to be sent to war as an infantryman, and in the front ranks, so that he could experience firsthand what war is like and what terrible things happen on the battlefield. If any of you have contacts in the Chinese government, please pass on my request to Xi Jinping. Let his beloved Xi Jinping send that “cinema warrior” Huang Xuan to war. However, with his character of a crying girl, he won't stand a day at the front.

As a farewell, I would like to dedicate to the main heroine of the drama, Yun Qian Yue, a song by Haddaway called What Is Love. Not only the main heroine, but all of us should think about what love really is. And to the main hero Rong Jing, I dedicate a song by Rick Astley called Never Gonna Give You Up. I advise all men who read my reviews to learn the lyrics of this song by heart and try to do in real life what Rick Astley sings about in the chorus of his song.

Recently, I have caught myself thinking that while watching series after series, I like male characters who are similar to Mei Chang Su. This is probably because he is my image of an ideal man. In fact, I am Mei Chang Su, but in a skirt. If I were in his place, I would do the same as he did: I would destroy my enemies, the enemies of the state, and put a decent prince on the imperial throne.

And it doesn't matter that he is a man and I am a woman. Women are not inferior to men in any way, and in one thing they even surpass them, because only women are able to give life and give birth to children.

For me, the drama Bright as the Moon is a story about that miracles happen even in real life. I hope that one day God will give me another miracle and I will finally meet my prince.