Does anyone know the difference between the 2 versions? Tencent/WeTV seems to have both, one is labeled just The Oath of Love and the other says TV Ver. Is the first one the equivalent of DVD version and what is the difference? Besides the fact that it seems the TV version updates sooner.

TV Ver. https://wetv.vip/play/y0ge6xm2pzrcd49/g0042mctemr

DVD Version? https://wetv.vip/play/et4xynjronzthfj/d0042vjknoi

I am just assuming that there are extra scenes in the DVD version but how big of a difference is it?

I ain't sure about the difference either and tencent said some scenes of the drama got cut bc of TV restrictions that's why they put the 2 versions so the fans can have all the scenes. At the beginning it was supposed to be 32(?) Episode but TV version said 29 so the difference is around 3 episode

I'm watching the episodes with a membership on the Tencent youtube channel - does anyone know which version is on there?

Not sure honestly it's probably the original version (uncut)

I'm watching on WETV App and the both versions are there available

Which version is on Viki? Just what I love ~ multiple versions floating around giving viewers two different experiences, no wonder the rating is inconsistent.

I think what is happening is the same that happened with Princess Agents, Douluo Continent and others. They have a number of episodes approved by the responsible agency. This is the number we ,cdrama ifans, see on WeTV, Viki and other streaming. But the TV stations need to adapt this content to their daily TV schedule, commercial breaks, etc. PA had 67 episodes on TV, but only 58 online. DC had 33 on TV and 40 online and TOOL, if I'm not wrong, will have 32 episodes on TV, while it will have 29 episodes online. However, the content is the same, just different cuts and divisions of the episodes. At least, this is the way I see.

The version on Viki appears to be the DVD/non-TV/uncut version. This is also why it is on a different schedule and episodes are released a little later than the TV schedule.

The first thing I noticed is that, except for the first episode, the TV version skips the opening and ending credits while the other does not. 

Episode 1 seems identical in both versions but episode 2 has several minutes of scenes from the DVD version moved in the TV version (or vice versa). The end scenes are at the end of ep. 2 in the DVD version but the beginning of ep. 3 in the TV version. Nothing seems cut, just moved. If this is the only difference it would make the DVD episodes longer, and mean there would be fewer of them, unless there are added scenes I haven't gotten to yet. A similar thing appears to be true for the rest of the episodes, so I think EmilyCaroline is correct in saying there will be 29 on the DVD but 32 on TV. Otherwise, I think it's the same content, just cut differently. So it shouldn't make any difference which one you watch as long as you stick with it the same one so you don't miss scenes.

Tibbs:
Which version is on Viki? Just what I love ~ multiple versions floating around giving viewers two different experiences, no wonder the rating is inconsistent.

It is the DVD/uncut version. I think all they did was move scenes from the end of an episode to the beginning of the next to make the TV version episodes shorter. Same content from what I have watched so far.

julnyes:

I'm watching the episodes with a membership on the Tencent youtube channel - does anyone know which version is on there?

Check if there are credits any episode after the first. Also the DVD/uncut episodes are longer. For example, episode 2 specifically is 46:41 in length for the DVD/uncut version, but shorter for the TV version. 

Jenipeo:

It is the DVD/uncut version. I think all they did was move scenes from the end of an episode to the beginning of the next to make the TV version episodes shorter. Same content from what I have watched so far.

Check if there are credits any episode after the first. Also the DVD/uncut episodes are longer. For example, episode 2 specifically is 46:41 in length for the DVD/uncut version, but shorter for the TV version. 

On youtube Episode 2 is 42:11 so I guess that makes it the TV version.

Tv version if the one aired on Hunan and Tencent tv in China. It has advertises and cut opening and ending + some scenes are faster.
Tencent online DVD version is the full version, online and aired by Viki. No ads, opening and ending are there + scenes at the right pace.
I am following it on every platform it is aired because i want to support it

EmilyCaroline:

I think what is happening is the same that happened with Princess Agents, Douluo Continent and others. They have a number of episodes approved by the responsible agency. This is the number we ,cdrama ifans, see on WeTV, Viki and other streaming. But the TV stations need to adapt this content to their daily TV schedule, commercial breaks, etc. PA had 67 episodes on TV, but only 58 online. DC had 33 on TV and 40 online and TOOL, if I'm not wrong, will have 32 episodes on TV, while it will have 29 episodes online. However, the content is the same, just different cuts and divisions of the episodes. At least, this is the way I see.

exactly!!! tv version episodes are shorter bcz they include commercial breaks+ some cuts

I'll start watching it on Viki as well just to see the difference.

Does anyone know from where can I watch DVD ver except wetv and viki? The episodes that Dramacool and kisskh are tv ver or dvd?

Yixin:

Does anyone know from where can I watch DVD ver except wetv and viki? The episodes that Dramacool and kisskh are tv ver or dvd?

Kisskh upload the dvd one

Jenipeo:

Does anyone know the difference between the 2 versions? Tencent/WeTV seems to have both, one is labeled just The Oath of Love and the other says TV Ver. Is the first one the equivalent of DVD version and what is the difference? Besides the fact that it seems the TV version updates sooner.

TV Ver. https://wetv.vip/play/y0ge6xm2pzrcd49/g0042mctemr

DVD Version? https://wetv.vip/play/et4xynjronzthfj/d0042vjknoi

I am just assuming that there are extra scenes in the DVD version but how big of a difference is it?

Hello~TV version may be cut and adjusted by Hunan TV due to timeline. DVD version is the full version.