• Nov 23, 2012 11 of 11 episodes seen 4 of 4 people found this review helpful
    • Overall  10
    • Acting/Cast  10
    • Rewatch Value  9
    This easily ranks as one of my top favourite dramas to date. Reading the synopsises I found online at the time I went in not expecting to like this at all but I easily got addicted & ended up watching it in one go.

It is a very interesting & well thought out human drama with a very solid story. The acting on all parts is really good with each one suiting their role perfectly. I especially enjoyed what Eita brought to the drama as well as Nishidiko Ryo. The later did an amazing job considering the complexity of Sousuke's character.

I also think the insert song "Prisoner of Love" by Utada Hikaru & the opening credits suit Last Friends perfectly. Tying everything together from start
  • Nov 12, 2012 11 of 11 episodes seen 30 of 34 people found this review helpful
    • Overall  8
    • Story  8
    • Rewatch Value  7
    Went in not expecting a whole lot but came out feeling refreshed & happy!

Totally enjoyed this one despite having reservations about the female lead. Both Oguri Shun & Ishihara Satomi did an amazing job in this Drama.

Rich Man Poor Woman was cute, funny, sweet & extremely endearing with a great score & OST. It's one of those Dramas that re-uses the same songs throughout & I know some may not like that but personally I feel it binds everything together thus helping maintain the mood. I think for me; that's what really made this Drama stick in my mind.

Plenty of problems. Typical Japanese style non-romantic kisses; random jumps in the story, not really anything earth-shatteringly new either as far as story goes &
  • Nov 11, 2012 11 of 11 episodes seen 3 of 3 people found this review helpful
    • Story  9
    • Rewatch Value  8
    This is a great drama for those who want something a little calmer to watch, with a solid plot, a good sense of humour, a good dose of friendship mixed in & without blood, gore or organs.

I got a very peaceful feeling while watching it & the score is also fantastic. I especially love the opening sequence.

Eita's acting is very good in this one; I feel it really shows off how versatile an actor he can actually be. Could have done with a tiny bit more development but overall worth watching. :)
  • Nov 10, 2012 20 of 20 episodes seen 3 of 5 people found this review helpful
    • Acting/Cast  10
    • Rewatch Value  7
    I actually finished this quite some time ago but thought I'd finally do my own review here. :)

This one is very close to getting a "Masterpiece" rating if it weren't for a few things such as the total length of the drama (That's more of a personal taste thing rather than a fault with the drama itself), the ending feeling a bit flat & something else which I won't spoil here XD!

Any drama that makes me feel this invested in the story & characters deserves a high score though.

I was completely hooked from the first episode; it's one of the strongest openings I've seen in a while & I had trouble tearing myself away. If all first episodes of KDramas were like this
  • Nov 10, 2012 1 of 1 episodes seen 3 of 5 people found this review helpful
    • Overall  8
    • Story  8
    • Music  8
    • Rewatch Value  7
    Beautiful & evocative movie with a great piano OST & Ending song by Ah Shin (Mayday); Eternal Summer.

The story is somewhat slow but everything is expertly tied together with great acting by the three leads & is worth watching for the stylish cinematography alone.

Warning: BL/Gay themes. Some nudity.
  • Nov 8, 2012 13 of 13 episodes seen 5 of 5 people found this review helpful
    • Music  9
    • Rewatch Value  7
    Extremely solid story. Beautiful script, great acting & very unusual score. This felt completely different from the usual JDramas I've seen before. Completely underrated if you ask me! Seriously; I hadn't seen something this good in a long time!

The only reason it doesn't get a higher rating is I feel the ending is a bit too abrupt as it literally just ends which sort of threw me off. But if you can look past that it really is worth watching.

In comparison it's Korean equivalent does not match up at all! If you were to pick one I'd say start with this version first.
  • Nov 8, 2012 16 of 16 episodes seen 6 of 8 people found this review helpful
    • Overall  6
    • Story  5
    • Music  8
    • Rewatch Value  5
    Gets filed under the: "Had promise but failed to deliver!" category...

To the Beautiful You features a fun lead cast (Sulli, Min Ho & Lee Hyun-woo), good pacing, some really snazzy cinematography & the OST is also really lovely but the story is like the worst Swiss cheese you have ever seen with very little substance & definitely no life lessons to write home about.

I don't even really know how I want to rate this so take my ratings for this with a pinch of salt. On the surface it was enjoyable but now I think about it I just feel crushing disappointment but thrown in with a little tinge of sadness that it had to come to an end! It really is a mixed
  • Oct 26, 2012 1 of 0 episodes seen 1 of 3 people found this review helpful
    • Overall  7
    • Story  7
    • Acting/Cast  6
    • Music  7
    • Rewatch Value  6
    Ikuta Toma has about the same emotional depth as a peanut here; but other than that this is a fairly enjoyable affair with lovely cinematography in soft muted tones & a gentle accompanying score .

The story itself is nothing new but it is fairly easy to relate to the characters & their ups & downs. I found myself willing them to get over their troubles throughout both movies.

Overall I don't think either of the leads managed to bring enough to their characters ; the love they are supposed to feel for each other doesn't shine through & feels lacking.

It is a shame as either lead has done well in other Dramas or Movies I have seen them in.

However one thing I really
  • Jun 3, 2012 1 of 1 episodes seen 2 of 2 people found this review helpful
    • Overall  7
    • Story  7
    • Acting/Cast  7
    • Music  7
    • Rewatch Value  7
    I see a lot of people didn't enjoy this but in my humble opinion it is worth a shot.

Not a lot actually happens if I'm honest; but even so it manages to carry itself for a full 2 hours. It's a very simple story about love & life getting in the way.

I am not a huge fan of Ikuta Toma but his acting is really good here & I think he suits his role perfectly. Aragaki Yui as Sae is also lovely to watch & listen to, she has a really soothing voice which helps with the overal tone of the movie.

Not 100% sure what to take away from it but all in all not a bad watch if you have nothing better
  • May 18, 2012 1 of 1 episodes seen 3 of 3 people found this review helpful
    • Story  9
    • Music  9
    • Rewatch Value  8
    Underrated movie if I've ever seen one not perfect in many respects but nonetheless worth watching! Sure some things could have been better explained but then maybe it would have taken some of the mystery away from it.

Watch it, even if it's just a certain bridge scene. Overall excellent with solid acting & very touching!

The music is perfect for it too especially the ending theme by Makihara Noriyuki (Firefly ~ Boku wa Ikite iku)!

Error