KainGuru

The Fairy Fox
Mar 28, 2017
STORY: A fantasy about a reincarnated guy, Xiao Mo, with no memory of his past living in the modern-day who has a spiritual guardian Lu Bai (a fairy fox) protecting him because in Xiao Mo's past life, he sacrificed himself to save Lu Bai. Xiao Mo is now a dork that bumbles through life at the mercy of his sister and his friends who are always looking out for him. Being the read more first season, it's slow in parts as the story is being established. This is a bromance.

NOTE: Look for the English-subbed episodes on YouTube thanks to fruitylads (an awesome translator btw). Episodes average 25 minutes with a staggering 5.5 minutes of opening/closing credits!

ACTING/CAST: The ENTIRE cast are all very HOT! You will see a scene where Lu Bai does Cosplay; I am at a loss for words to explain how amazing he looks. There's so much good chemistry here, especially between Xiao Mo and Lu Bai. The cast are young and inexperienced, and it shows.

MUSIC: I like the main theme and the credits and there's some good background music, like the haunting piano melody when something bad is happening.

REWATCH VALUE: YES! Very binge-worthy.

OVERALL: I love fantasy and throw in a cute bromance, SOLD.

TL;DR: Fantasy bromance about a reincarnated hero living in the modern-day and his fairy fox guardian.
Falling in Love with a Rival
Mar 28, 2017
STORY: This is such a funny show. The loser tries to get back at his ex-girlfriend by getting her new boyfriend to fall in love with him but oops, he also falls in love with the boyfriend he's trying to seduce! A ton of comedy ensues. I'm always annoyed by the strong seme/uke dynamic even though the uke isn't a total pushover in this.

Total run-time: 2 hours 34 minutes over 8 read more episodes, so each episode is around 20 minutes long. Get this, the intro is 1m 45s, and the credits are 2m 30s! Each episode has more than 4 minutes of bloated credits! Cut that out and the whole show is probably only 2 hours long!

ACTING/CAST: The cast are all very attractive, and play their parts well. I totally loved the part played by the doctor.

MUSIC: Standard drama music. Nothing stood out for me.

REWATCH VALUE: Yes, this is a neat series. Gonna watch with a friend.

OVERALL: Fun series, with cute guys and it's also short. Binge on!
The Boy Next Door
STORY: OMG This was SO FUNNY! It had me rolling! You gotta see this. True, it's super short, all the episodes are 5-7 minutes, but it's great. Very fun to watch. And it just keeps getting funnier! Also has some great tender moments.

ACTING/CAST: These guys were quite cute and they did a good job.

MUSIC: After watching this again, the music is very good.

REWATCH VALUE: Yes. I already rewatched it read more with a friend. So hilarious.

OVERALL: Want something funny to watch? This is great. I hope they continue this series.
Yandai Byway no.10 - special
STORY: There are 2 extra chapters, each 10 minutes long. They deal with Liang Ze's drinking problem. It's not clear where this take place in the timeline, before or after episode 10. Still, it's 20 more minutes of watching this cute couple.

If you liked the main story, watch this.

HINT: Google "Yandaixiejie Additional Chapters". They are on YouTube.
Attraction
STORY: Uh... This movie is a manga in movie form. It's quite bizarre. The movie even has scenes in it that present it as manga. Basically it's about a wormhole that keeps transporting various things into this guy's house, including a police officer from Taiwan; also has a missing persons mystery. It is campy in some spots, kinda humorous.

ACTING/CAST: Um... yeah. Well the three leads were cute. Everything about this production read more is weird so I have no idea how to rate the acting.

MUSIC: Well... there is some but lots of scenes with none.

REWATCH VALUE: I doubt it but I'll give it to a friend.

OVERALL: You'd have to see this movie yourself. It does deserve to be watched once if nothing more than to satisfy curiosity. This must have been a cinch to translate to English; the dialog is sparse. It's like a manga with many panels of looks, stares, and such, with minimal dialog--you know what I mean if you read manga. The ending is neutral; neither happy nor sad, just ends.
I Like You, You Know?
STORY: A guy (Chu Tian Ji) has a long-time roommate (Xin You Zhu) who is in love with him but he doesn't feel the same and fears he may not be able to return the love. Chu meets a woman he comes to like but he has a severe distrust of women based on a bad childhood experience.

ACTING/CAST: Nice cast, they do a good decent job acting. BTW: I used the read more cast names as they are in the list. I don't know Chinese, Pinyin, or anything else.

MUSIC: There's a real cool song sung by Xin that I wish was translated. The video I watched had audio quality issues so I'm not really how to grade this.

REWATCH VALUE: Nah.

OVERALL: The best part of this series are the BL moments. The rest was rather boring. You might be tempted to watch the fan-edited clips that omit everything but the BL. It's not bad to do so but the boring bits do add overall to the story and explain the funky ending. The worse part about the BL is that it's all one-sided romantic love. Xin is "waiting" on Chu to fall in love with him (do people really do this?). It's true, Chu loves Xin but "not in that way." Super annoying. And to have to sit through 4.5 hours of it!? Xin deserved better than that. Oh yeah, the ending: it's not bad or good, just open ended, like a cliff-hanger. Nobody dies. It just...ends. This story is simply unfinished. Also apparently the first 8 episodes deal with Chu and Xin, the second 8 episodes are a different story/cast. I can't seem to find those though.

TL;DR: Well, if you want to watch a slow, one-sided, unrequited burn that ends abruptly, this is your ticket.
Boyfriend
Mar 28, 2017
STORY: Two boys spend a lot of time together when one ends up working his way into sleeping over frequently. A solid friendship is built but many of their classmates think they are a BL couple. In a bid to make money off this misconception, they do a ton of publicity and fan service of their couple until one of them wants to stop because his image is being ruined and his read more family are asking hard questions.

ACTING/CAST: Super cute couple even if they aren't a couple! The acting was fine and the cast was cute.

MUSIC: OK, standard stuff.

REWATCH VALUE: I'll probably watch it once more sometime.

OVERALL: A good movie about a fake BL relationship. I wish it was a real one but it wasn't.
Like Love: Uncut Version
Mar 28, 2017
STORY: The details section above describes this show well. It's quirky, funny, there are some serious sex scenes, but the whole show is really all about Mai Ding, this crazy otaku (only word I could think of) chases after An Zi Yan. Mai Ding is such a persistent pest! He's so adorkable (the only other word I thought of)! He tries SO hard to reach through An Zi Yan's walls and reach read more his heart and finally wins him over. There's some problems with family and gay acceptance issues that the couple must overcome.

Total run-time: Uncut version, 3h, 14m over 2 parts. This is actually a series of 15 episodes but what I watched was combined into two parts.

ACTING/CAST: All did a good job and Mai Ding is too much!

MUSIC: Didn't notice anything spectacular.

REWATCH VALUE: Yup, gonna see it again with a friend.

OVERALL: Lots of funny and feel good moments sprinkled with some good dramatic moments. Definitely worth your time.

TL;DR: A fun movie where the uke chases the seme in an effort to get the seme to fall in love.
Love is More Than a Word
STORY: An illiterate and uneducated young man becomes mayor of a province because the position was bought for him. Now he must overcome his humble background and learn to navigate court life. Also his position requires him to act as a judge. The setting is in China's past. This show has a lot of things you would see a drama about court life: intrigue, gossip, backstabbing, evil plots, etc. This also showcases read more many conversations of people speaking politely with each other but their words are a double-edged sword. There is a bromance between TaoMo and GuShe that lasts the entire series.

SIDE NOTE: Been watching the English Sub, YouTube, 1080p, approx 30 minutes per episode, translated by Yzd_International_Fanclub, thanks guys!

ACTING/CAST: This is quite an attractive cast, and they play their parts very well.

MUSIC: Very good throughout the series.

REWATCH VALUE: Yup.

OVERALL: I'm am AMAZED at the production value of this! The set design and costume design are A+. It's a gorgeous production. I can't wait to watch more!
Senior Secret Love: Puppy Honey
STORY: Read the other review for more details. What I'll add is that it's a very warm and cute romantic comedy. Nothing complicated and nothing tragic. There are two couples: Porsche who chases Emma and a BL slow burning bromance between Pick and Rome that turns into something more. There are some downright hilarious bits in this series too; I was laughing hard.

ACTING/CAST: Sirisorn Vorakorn (Porsche) is great; very charismatic. Rome read more and Pick are super cute too. It was also nice to see Cheewagaroon Harit from Love Sick in this (super cute).

MUSIC: I liked the music. Another fine soundtrack for a good Thai drama.

REWATCH VALUE: I may but looking more towards Season 2.

OVERALL: A nice, heartwarming show that focuses on 4 people without a lot of extra messy plot lines getting in the way. Also, cute dogs.
Choose
STORY: Ton and Tawan love each other deeply but their love is tested by Ton's new secretary who seems to be the perfect match for him. Then Tawan starts acting distant and cold towards Ton, pushing him away.

Total run-time: 60 minutes over 5 episodes, or about 12 minutes each. Easy binge.

Much of this show is shot out-of-sequence and it's all brought together in the final episode. Bring tissue because it's read more so touching. It's a happy ending but very tearful.

ACTING/CAST: Ever since Grey Rainbow have I wanted to see Nut Rattanamongkol again. He is so sweet and charming. The actress is very beautiful also.

MUSIC: That last song was so bittersweet. In fact, another Thai drama with great music.

REWATCH VALUE: It's not long so I'll probably watch it again with a friend.

OVERALL: Some parts the pacing may seem a little slow but really this story just takes its time to be told. I think it's rather poetic and done well.
This Summer
STORY: A short story I'd chalk up to fantasy. It's hard to say what actually was going on. But I still liked it.

ACTING/CAST: Falling in Love with a Rival ring a bell? These guys are cute. Too bad Feng Jian Yu didn't have any lines.

MUSIC: The song was English-subbed.

REWATCH VALUE: For eye candy purposes only. Though the scenes with the cat were cute.

OVERALL: A short one to tide read more me over until Counterattack Season 2.
The Underwear The Series
STORY: The lives of a group of people intertwine at a popular coffee shop, through a popular web blog "The Underwear", and high school. This series has straight and gay themes but, unfortunately, EVERYONE is in love with the WRONG person! It'd be fine to see one example of it but the entire cast is in love with someone who loves someone else. Terrible writing, in my opinion.

This review is based read more off of 7 English-subbed episodes so far; check back later as more are released.

ACTING/CAST: Pretty faces, hot bodies, seems they can play their parts. There's some GL in this and they did not cut the kissing scenes...the actresses made it look real, very nice.

MUSIC: Great music and it was English-subbed. Seriously, is there a Thai drama that doesn't have great music?

REWATCH VALUE: Once through is fine

OVERALL: With every couple in every scene having one person in love with someone else, it's overbearing and exhausting. This series doesn't present enough side stories. This show should be subtitled: "The Underwear: Unrequited Love."
Matching! Boys Archery
Want something sweet to watch on an afternoon that will make you smile? This will do.

STORY: Same as the details section but I add that she wants to draw a BL cartoon.

Total run-time: approx. 2 hours over 8 episodes, 15 minutes each; a binge-worthy series.

ACTING/CAST: Cute cast and fun to watch, especially Joo Seung Joon and Yoo Ji Wan!

MUSIC: Sorry, didn't pay attention.

REWATCH VALUE: Hell yeah! Gotta read more see this once more.

OVERALL: Funny, sweet, cute, hot guys, though it is short but I felt long enough to tell a fun story. I might mention there's no overt BL in this but it is suggestive enough to enjoy it. It's got a happy ending too.
I'm Here & 12 Years
Mar 29, 2017
STORY: Two guys from school meet before Driver's Ed and become fast friends. This movie felt pretty low budget. What I really liked about this movie was the ending. A lot of things happen in this movie and it is all explained in the end. There are some sweet moments; especially in the restaurant with the cards they write on...SO romantic.

ACTING/CAST: Both are cute guys and they do a good job. read more In fact, all the cast did fine. Nothing stellar but adequate for the story.

MUSIC: I was amazed at the music line-up they had for this They had Union J, Adam Lambert, Norah Jones, Neil Sedaka, Ronghao Li, and others. Certainly a surprise considering the audio was uneven and many times you could hear the wind blowing into the microphones or it sounded like the audio was being recorded from a phone.

REWATCH VALUE: Maybe. As I said, the ending was neat, but the overall audio/video quality is annoying.

OVERALL: Nice story with some good scenes and a sweet, romantic ending. There are also outtakes during/after the credit roll.

43 minutes ago