The Lost Tomb (2015) poster

Alessa
Jan 15, 2017
I enjoy action/adventure stories, that's what initially made me interested in this drama but... I have to say it's a complete mess.
The story on its core it's a really interesting one, with plot twists, intriguing characters, interesting old history but... It's so badly executed! And I don't mean the production, which is pretty good for a chinese drama. The script is a mess... I'm sure the books are really great, but there are lots of times in this drama when you have no idea why something happened, or why the characters are doing what they are doing. I know that some things are left unexplained simple because this is intended to be an 8 part series, but I mean things like: one of the main characters appears out of nowhere, nobody knows who he is, he doesn't speak, he joins the party and everybody plays along with that. I don't know, maybe I'm too picky, but I think this had the potential to be very good and instead it's nearly mediocre.
On the bright side, I'm really interested in the books right now =P

Ugly Duckling
Jan 31, 2016
Hey here, review after such a loooong time but with this drama it couldn't be helped!
Let's get start with each section of this drama! :)

PLOT/STORY:
Since from my childhood i loved mysteries and the ''tomb curses'' movies i was excited so much when i discovered this drama. I never watched chinese drama which was adventure type so i was a bit skeptic at first, because i think chinese dramas are way too humorous for me. But anyway, the curiosity about it made me to open Viki and watch it. First episode finished....and i was left in shock. It was completely different then i thought. Humor was on place, which means not too much, it fit just right. The action was on 80% and 20% was covered with talk about next missions. After just one episode i became addicted, i got the feeling right away that this drama will have more seasons because i could see the details they put to each ''mission'' or ''tomb digging''. Trust me if the drama was real i would add myself to the team! The plot kept me up whole night just to know more. I was so sad when i reached last ep, because i can never get enough of the mysteries~

ACTING:
Wu Xie, who is the main protagonist in this drama wasn't so pleasing...Oh come on, we all fell in love with Zhang who is very mysterious, sexy, smexy, hot looking guy who we want to see have more screentime...( Can we have him onscreen nonstop please?~) Anyway, back to Wu Xie. His character is funny, strong and developing as the story goes forward. He looks mature with every episode as he sees the new dangerous world he got himself into. I like the mature side of him. Zhang played by Yang Yang, perfectly fits the role. Not only with the looks but just the simple vibe he gives off. It's very dangerous vibe but also it lures you in. I love his personality there, because even though he is cold person he was always there for others even if they knew each other just for a short period of time. And come on, was it me who saw the bromance between him and Wu Xie?

MUSIC:
There wasn't much music, and if there was it was only 2 songs playing all over again which was quite dissappointing.

REWATCH VALUE:
100%, rewatching this and i can't wait for next seasons!

Sriteebharti
Jan 31, 2017
I am into action/adventure/thriller dramas so definitely i liked it.. Though the end seems a little abrupt... but then we have 7 more seasons coming..

I like the adventure, the tomb visiting, the dangers inside... and accept it... who did not love the childhood games "LARA CROFT"? .Since it is an adventure story, you can ignore some loop holes... also, DO NOT FORGET, lost tomb will have 8 seasons... There might be some scenes or relation we didn't understand quite clearly, but we still have 7 more to go..

Cast:
I love Yang Yang and Tiffiny Yang... and also their characters.... a tall, silent, good looking man who has insane skills (Yang Yang).... how can you not like him? A female robber who is secretive... has perfect aim... is strong and loyal.... aah..!! i could wish for another drama with the same characteristics of these 2..
The lead is a nice cute guy who portrays a kind ethical boy perfectly.

Rewatch value: 10
i have already watched it 4 times :D

SUMMARY: If you want to watch something entertaining but not a plot that needs your brain.... watch this... it is a light, interesting drama..

Helene
Oct 26, 2016
STORY:
I loved this drama. It was so interesting the whole way through. There are several plot twists and interesting details. I loved the special effects - not all where great but it was okay. I am looking forward to watching the next 7 seasons when they come (according to Wikipedia there will be 8 seasons)

ACTING:
The acting was great and i loved how the characters developed through the episodes. I especially loved the characters of Fatty and Young Master. Young Master helped with the mystery throughout the episodes while Fatty gave most of the comedy. I hope that all the actors are the same for the next seasons.

MUSIC:
There wasn't must music in it other than a few "songs" that was played over and over through the episodes. It wasn't really that interesting, since it didn't manage to keep my interest.

REWATCH VALUE:
I will totally watch this again - more than once!

OVERALL: A great drama! 9/10!!

Dieu
Aug 27, 2016
Story
I love mystery action dramas so i likes this one but don't watch this at night there are a few scary scenes. The drama includes a little bit of romance but more adventure/action i kept watching this because i was interested. What i also likes is they are not all the time in the tomb so i won't be boring and there will be a second season so the last episode is like a cliffhanger.

Acting
I love all the main leads Tifanny Tang is a great actrice she was the badgirl in this drama. Li yi feng often plays the kind/ innocence guy so his face was a bit stiff but i still liked him. Yang yang was the mysterious guy what i really liked and he was really hot. But the director cut a lot of his scenes in the drama so he didn't appear that much.

Music
Nothing really special.

Rewatch
Yes i'd definitely rewatch this again because it only has 10 episodes and it was really interesting.

Overal
Great drama can't wait for the next season i'd recommend this if you like the main leads or you like adventure/action/mystery dramas!

KimWanHee
Jan 29, 2019
The Lost Tomb takes you on an adventure you may not have seen before. I actually started watching "Tomb of the Sea" (one of the multiple sequels) first, but even that does not make you dislike the drama.

The story itself is interesting, albeit complicated, and around the end changes direction but stays true to its original feeling and colors nonetheless. Which translates to: If you liked the first two episodes, you'll like the rest. Just note and don't forget that this show is just the beginning of Wu Xie's whole (tomb-raiding) story. But TLB definitely leaves you wanting more of this adventurous drama.

The cast was quite good. While some may say, it was over the top, I though the cast did well portraying these characters. Some characters are inexperienced and I think the cast, especially Wu Xie's actor, showed great acting about how his characters started to learn about this new trait and try to use his new-found knowledge. In regards to the sequels, without spoiler, I love that you can see Wu Xie without being the all-knowing badass tomb-raider and also seeing him as a young guy trying to survive, while also not being just naive and gullible. He may have some naivety but he's not stupid which some dramas totally fail to portray, but this one succeeded.
About one bad side: Right from the beginning I did not like Chen ChengCheng or Chastity Chen. She was so over the top and annoying to the others, and I'm not talking about the actress, she did good, but the character itself was too much for me.

The music, well, the intro was interesting and fit well, the ending (how long are those credits?) was kind of different from the show's vibe which I did actually enjoy because it always left the episodes cliffhangers with a hopeful note.

I'm definitely gonna rewatch this ,maybe not all of the episodes but definitely a lot of them.

I recommend watching this if you like adventure and are ready to get hooked onto the The Lost Tomb drama series. A must-watch for every adventure fan.

PsychosinnerWokeAsian
Aug 11, 2019
Yang yang looks like an anime character! His bromance with Yi Feng... so good! All in all a captivating story with a great cast and mystery and action! The graphics are a little cringey at the beginning but get better. These are just some very memorable characters! And the whole thing had supernatural elements which got super creepy lol better not to watch it at night . But really I enjoyed it. There's no romance element but the female characters are strong and an integral part of the story. I personally think the acting was good especially Yang yang and Yi Feng made it very believable

QiLing
Oct 9, 2019
I am really a fan of the tomb books so I was looking forward to watch the dramas (& the movie ofc).

First of all the Story: Honestly the story is probably not good for everyone but I loved it I am in general obsessed with Tomb stories. Not everybody will understand everything but I mean you can Google and inform urself about the Chinese dynastys which it mostly the focus of tomb dramas.

Acting/Cast: When I heard that Yang Yang will Play the main role I was so happy honestly and he did not disappointed me at all. But some actings from certain people wasn't that good so I had to give some minus points here. But it's mostly the acting the cast was 100% good.

Music: Not my cup of tea and mostly there isn't much music besides the intro and outro.

If I can be honest that Ning girl wasn't really necessary in this story but that's probably just me since I don't like annoying female leads/supports anyway. I think she was in the way most of the time and she triggered me more than once so I stopped watching for a while I just ended it because I was so proud auf Yang Yang...

I rewatch it at the moment and I would watch it again but since season 3 is coming out soon I don't have to rewatch again soon.

If you're interested in watching something about China's dynasty's, History, so lala action, some bromance moments here and there. If you wanna watch this for a good romance sorry there is none (for me at least I was focusing on the bromance anyway xd)