Tomorrow With You

moshito
Mar 26, 2017
Let's get the elephant in the room out of the way -- Tomorrow With You is a slow burner. It is not an action packed, quick paced drama. This was not an issue for me, nor did it make the drama boring at all. I think this quality of the drama pairs well with the fact that the drama circles around the concept of living in the moment, enjoying life for what is, and reveling in the little things. It does have a more serious and melancholic vibe, although there are many comical and lighthearted moments sprinkled into each episode.

The plot of the drama is very meaningful and emotional. It deals with the subject of fate and destiny, and how sometimes there are things that are inevitable. There will be moments of frustration and annoyance that despite knowing the future, things still go a certain way, but it doesn't bog down the drama. The drama embraces the fact that some people tend to make the same kind of choices or refuse to change, but the characters and the plot adapt and keep the story rolling. In the end, it is a great reminder to be present, enjoy life's ups and downs, and to always be grateful, and all those other feel good life lessons. The drama also tackles issues like love and marriage, corporate greed and crime, family relationships, friendship and frenemies, and life's regret. Overall, I felt that the story had the appropriate pace and unfolded in accordance with it's vision and purpose.

The characters developed beautifully and I felt that as an audience member, I really got to know them and accept them for all their strengths and weaknesses. The changes in the characters were gradual and reflective of what they were going through in the story. The actors did a great job in their respective roles, and were really effective in conveying deep emotions in dramatic scenes, as well as comedy in those lighthearted moments. I also love how it didn't shy away from kisses and love scenes (though still very demure). The couples in the drama had electrifying chemistry with each other, and even the whole group as friends really had a natural feel to it.

The music was composed of more emotional slow songs and ballads. Understandable given the context of the drama, but I still really enjoyed them.

It's a great (re)watch and always gave me something to look forward to on the weekends. I hope people out there decide to watch it or at least give it a try.

MiraiArtx
Mar 26, 2017
Firstly, we need to address first is that this is a melodrama, and in that sense the drama was done perfectly. The color scheme was muted, the OST fit the mood, and the pacing was quite slow which melodramas seem to be known for. There were some scenes towards the end where that raw desperation was conveyed so well that it elicited a lot of emotions from me (aka I couldn't handle the feels). That said, the middle did drag a little bit, but not to the point where I lost interest. Everything was purposeful, and you can tell as the story progresses.

The story was quite new in the KDrama world, which I appreciated. And where else can you see the leads get married by the third episode? The first half of the drama was quite light, mostly centered on their romance while the second half had lots of angst and suspense. What this drama did well was weave the past, the present, and the future in which he traveled to into a clear and coherent storyline. Most of the show is actually foreshadowing, and finally in the last few episodes are the viewers exposed to what actually happened. It did build up suspense and intrigue, as you had no idea what would happen. It was unpredictable, but by doing that they lost a few people (and provoked lots of fan theories), but I promise if you stick with it, everything will build up to a satisfying end.

The acting was done really well on Lee Je Hoon's part. This was my first time watching any work of his and I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't particularly like Shin Min Ah's character, as sometimes I felt like she was unreasonable. Their chemistry was off the charts though, and perhaps because they were married early on in the series, we're given a ton of fanservice (aka steamy scenes). At first I was skeptical because the circumstances of which he married her wasn't the best, but soon you could really believe that they're in love. There isn't a moment where the music fades and the camera pans over their face in slow motion that tells you they've fallen for each other, but trust me you'll know.

I really loved the music. I think there were only about three main OSTs , significantly less than that of other dramas, but all of them fit the drama so well. They also played some beautiful piano instrumental tracks pretty often, which created a sort of gloomy mood befitting the storyline.

While I may not watch the entire drama over again, I would definitely rewatch some of the scenes.
Overall, I loved the way the story was told, despite the pace. I have to mention the color scheme again, because it was really genius and beautiful. Right off the bat, it helps you get into the solemn mood constantly reminding you of the overarching plot despite the cheesy happy scenes. I would recommend this drama for those who don't mind a slower storyline, because it's definitely worth the watch.

chimuras
May 4, 2018
I don't care what others say. This drama is one of the best fantasy romance drama I have ever watched. Time travelling dramas can sometimes be confusing and "unrealistic". However, this drama did not have miracles or coincidences, but purely and not hesitant to use "time traveling" as a tool to construct the story. Every tiny scenes are connected to each other, and greatly affected the closing episodes.

The story had some unique initial settings, like an accident, a rapid marriage, and taking advantage of time travelling. They distinguished present and non-present scenes by using separate screen sizes, and brought up stuff like "future" products and lottery ticket digits, which are things one would probably do when you have the ability. I was a bit surprised about the rapid-yet-they-broke-up-once-marriage, but thanks to that, I think the drama was able to fit in 16 episodes, which was a perfect fit.

Casts and characters were awesome. Personally I loved the character Ma Rin, for her strong, understanding, and honest yet clumsy character. Doing everything she can with her power, but sometimes being clingy towards So Joon was just cute to watch. I really wished So Joon and Doo Shik were a bit more honest towards others.

The music had a perfect match for every scene, from a sweet, loving scene to an intense, sweating scene.

I am planning to watch the drama again, cause I want to remember details in every scene (like the train accident scene), and was also relaxing to watch. I think people can discuss things like fate and future after watching it.

kingsqueen
Mar 28, 2017
This show was okay. As others have said, it's more of a "slow burner". I liked the feel of the show at the beginning - the cinematography was perfect and the show had this dreamy quality to it. So I stuck with it even when some parts were confusing for me. The middle parts got a little bogged down, but I felt like it ended well with most questions answered satisfactorily.

I thought that Shin Min Ah and Lee Je Hoon had a great chemistry together and the romance was delicious to watch. But the rest of the acting for them wasn't as good as it could have been. I've seen them both do a better job, but I don't know if the direction and script played a part in how they were lacking here.

I enjoyed the story enough. But around episode 10, I was really just ready to see the ending. I did feel like they ended the show well, and wrapped up the storyline in a good way. I was worried about it around episodes 12-14. But the writers pulled through and connected the ending with the crumbs they laid out on the way. I have to give them credit for that.

The music was nice and went with the feel of the show.

I won't re-watch this, but I don't feel like it was a waste of my time. This show was decent and the romantic parts were better than the rest of the story. It was enjoyable enough, but probably won't be memorable.

SugarOverload
Apr 3, 2017
I'm surprised that this has a really low rating.

The story was really solid, maybe not as solid as Signal, but it definitely is at the upper tier. Some say the first half of the drama was really slow. It maybe was, however, I liked how the foundations of their love was laid at the first half. It seemed like a romance series sans sci-fi because it showed the typical married life. It maybe dull for some but I could definitely see my parents in them. Also, sex was quite a taboo in some series, so I liked it how they tackled that issue here.

The second half was where the rising action came in. The first half made a good foundation on why both of them were willing to do what they did. Not just both of them, but most of them. Most of the character developments were displayed really well, though some of them were a miss. Nonetheless, they played very minor roles so they did not exactly affect the plot that much. The second half was really fast, in a good way. The episodes transitioned seamlessly that I did not notice that it was coming to an end. I felt like the finale could have done better because the intensity from the previous episodes fell too fast. It was satisfying, though. I get to see a half hour of them together, so none of that sad love.

I actually watched it because of Lee Je Hoon (been following him after Signal) so I was surprised that I liked Shin Min Ah here. Both of them had great chemistry that, like I already said, it felt like I was watching a real couple. They were really cute. All the other characters were great as well though the chemistry between So-joon and Ki-doong were more of a brotherly/bff type than the bromance they were pushing for.

Overall, it was a really great romance series, like a breath of fresh air so it's quite surprising that it's just 8.2 because it deserves more than that. It maybe because it's a little too heavy for some people (I regretted watching it but I was already hooked) and its target audience are adults/mature so it's pretty limited. It doesn't take away its greatness. Goes to show that some gems are not appreciated by most people.

JevelynYang
Mar 28, 2017
This drama is so underrated. I'm so mad at the low rating this drama got.
Tomorrow With You is one of the most beautiful dramas I've ever watched.

The plot was really amazing and unexpected! It was something new and unique. I don't know how to explain it clearly, but this drama was really something. It was not only about romance and time travel but there were so much more. This drama taught me about how to treasure life. It made me realize that every choice we make, even a small one, it can give huge effect to our future. Also, the romance was so strong and beautiful. I'm completely in love with it! I know this drama didn't have much action but more into conversation and the plot was slow, that's why some people found it boring, but I totally enjoyed it. Every conversation means so much to me.

I really love every characters in this drama and the casts did a great job. My fav is Song Ma Rin (Shin Min Ah), now I'm a fan of her!

and for the music, I didn't really give much attention to it, but since I love this drama, I'd still give it high rating.

Rewatch value: I'll propably watch this again when I'm in calm mood and not busy.

Overall this drama is amazing and it deserves more recognition. So please give it a try! :)

Nora
Jul 27, 2017
I started this when it started airing and I watched till episode 6 then just stopped and left it for about a month then watched 7&8 and left it for another 2 months then got back to it and finished the rest in 2 days. Which gets me to the point that there was nothing at all wrong with it, I just didn't feel this plot at that time cause I had so many things going on and I needed more light and fun things.
The plot was great and kind of unique and after really thinking about it I fell in love with the whole thing. The chemistry between the 2 leads was great too. Shin Min Ah of course so I shouldn't have expected any less. As for Lee Je Hoon I didn't really know him but he did a great job with the role and I loved him. The OST was a bit lacking yet there's this one song that I really loved and I still remember the whole thing whenever I listen to it and that's my favorite thing in the world.

SeHee
Mar 26, 2017
When I first heard about this I was really excited. I love time traveling movies or dramas so this really piqued my interest.

Yes, it doesn't have a lot of action that some people are looking for that's why they say it's boring. For me it's not. This drama is talking about the characters' fates; that alone made me excited for new episodes all the time. It's fresh. It tells you about how much you should treasure the present, but it also makes you wonder — would it be better to know the future? Or should I be satisfied with the present? This drama will give you the answer.

There are so many emotions that can be felt when you watch this. You'll get annoyed and resent some characters. You will feel their depression, their longing, and their love. The chemistry between Shin Min Ah and Lee Je Hoon is REALLY great.

I think for me, this drama isn't all about the wow factor. It's there to give you lessons and make you realize things. It was somehow comforting for me.

There were immaturity at times which is the only thing that made me suffer while watching.

We are talking about life here. The characters timelines. I'm so sorry to those who found this drama boring.

I actually, truly enjoyed this.

MariKim
Mar 26, 2017
Summary: If you don't mind having numerous questions and suspicions unanswered until the final 2-3 episodes of a show, then you will love this. It has a steamy romance, several conflicts, a semi-confusing case of fraud, time travel (obviously), all mixed so that you're left in a whirlwind of confusion.

+/- Plot:
I wouldn't say that I was ever left on edge with this drama--there were no major cliff hangers that left me wanting more at the end of an episode, which may be a crucial fault as this drama was made to draw you in with its twists and turns in the plot. I will say that I was more often left confused than intrigued. I was really a fan of the first quarter of the drama, while I was bustling with questions they kept the plot line fairly light, due to the budding romance, and I wasn't too confused as to where the writers were trying to go with the show. However, about halfway through the writers began to focus more on how the show was going to conclude and building up the drama to the finale and that's where things began to fall apart and really drag for me. It felt like the lead couple was constantly fighting, making up, and fighting again. And since the writers were trying to keep the audience in the dark about the backstory the only thing holding this drama together was the romance--to which I have a few aggressions toward and will mention in the following section. Or when there were things revealed, it was done in a confusing fashion and left you even more in the dark then before--don't get me wrong if it's done in the right way then this is great for viewers, however I didn't feel that way about this plot line. The couple episodes leading up to the finale are where things start to pick up again and why I ended up giving this plot a higher score than I had originally intended. I felt that the writers got things back on track and made the story interesting and entertaining again and finally, almost all but one or two questions I had were answered by the final episode and I felt that they ended up doing justice to the show.

+/- Characters/Acting:
Lee Je Hoon and Shin Min Ah...I have so much confusion with this coupling. I was completely on board with them for the first few episodes and was shocked at how well they seemed to be hitting it off together. But then things got pretty steamy between the two and pretty much made me cringe. There were literally some scenes where I just couldn't watch because it was painfully embarrassing. Granted it may have just been the overtly cheesy lines and the constant flip-flopping (fighting then making up) that made me not enjoy the two more.
As for the two individually, I'm going to have to say that Lee Je Hoon outperformed Min Ah. I was a little disappointed as I had really high expectations having seen his outstanding role in Signal. However, he made you fall for his character even when you knew he was questionable and shouldn't like him, which is seemingly a hard thing to do. I think he did a fairly well job at displaying all the proper conviction and emotions during his scenes and did Yoon So Joon's character justice. Overall, I was left feeling pleased and satisfied with both his acting and character.
Moving on to Shin Min Ah...there's just something about her that I'm unsure about or dislike or something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. As an actress she has so much room for improvement. I could not ever get on board with her crying scenes and there were so many of them! They were terrible, completely outrageous. At some points I was convinced she was laughing until they showed her face. I will say that there were times when she played her role convincingly, but because of those crying scenes I have to say I'm just not a fan.
Baek Hyun Jin played an unusual villain; one that I'm not too sure I liked. His character while a little mental, simply was played out all too reserved in my opinion. It felt to me like the character was stifled and wasn't at it's fullest potential--I really love the actors that are able to perfectly depict the psychotic tendencies of a villain rather than, in this case, just escalated frustrations.

+/- Music:
I overall, really enjoyed the soundtrack for this drama and was one of the best things out of the whole thing. Almost all of the tracks were ballads, which I love, and were all beautiful in their own ways. My favorite songs had to be the ones by Seo In Guk and Sarah Lee. I was soooo shocked and delighted to hear Sarah's track as I have been following her even before she became a part of SuperstarK. She has such a great voice and thought that it went really well with the selected scenes.

Rewatch Value:
I would maybe consider rewatching this show, simply because I felt like I was left in the dark for the majority of it and may have missed a few things. However, after a fruitful debate of weighing the uncomfortable romance scenes, terrible crying scenes, and how the plot line strings you along, versus the questions and confusions I have...I would then make the decision that there are some other shows that I really enjoyed that I would prefer to rewatch. But at least I gave it some consideration!

***Shout out to the editing team that did a fantastic job of ensuring viewers weren't confused with when So Joon was in the future. I really appreciated the differential filters and the wide vs. full screen. At least I was never left wondering when it was the future and when it was the present!

Apr 18, 2018
The story of a time traveller's wife isn't something new. And yet, this drama manages to keep the interest high throughout the sixteen episodes. The drama starts kind of odd, with the guy meeting with the girl, and saving her from an accident. We then discover slowly his secret and her past. Sure, they get married very quickly, so if you're looking for a slow built romance, maybe this one isn't for you. The drama focuses more on the mysteries of the future, on the bad guy in the office and on trying to figure out how to change one's fate. The performances, moreover, were really good and the side stories, even though they were few and had only a few minutes airing time, were cute and entertaining. So, 8 out of 10, only because some things were left unexplained, but the twist in the end was amazing.

BlackPanther
Mar 28, 2018
I just want to clarify one thing first:

People have this misconception that since Tomorrow With You revolves around time-travel, the episodes should be action-packed. However, Tomorrow with you is a melodrama. To put it short, it's a mix of time-fantasy + melodrama combination. I have seen a lot of shows that failed overall just because they wanted to create a new mix of genre (Bride of the Water God = fantasy + youth romance || Suspicious Partner = Crime-Mystery + Romance || Doctors = Medical + Melodrama + Romance), but there have also been a lot of successful genre-mixes (While You Were Sleeping = Legal/Crime + Fantasy || Descendants of the Sun = Medical + Melodrama || W = Fantasy + Thriller). Not gonna include Goblin as an example because that show is a masterpiece and no drama from recent time has been close to it at all. At least for me.

Tomorrow with you is a melodrama that stood out well for me. It did well enough that I can say with confidence that it can be mentioned alongside the names of top-notch Melodramas such as The Master's Sun and The Innocent Man. Now the actual review starts from here

Story
I'm pretty precise when it comes to scoring the story. I haven't ever given a perfect 10 for story; even for my all-time favorite show, Goblin. For the story to be a 10 for me, the plot, the conflict, the flow, the climax, and the ending must all be equally resonated among the episodes. There must be absolute clarity in terms of the delivery of the plot from start to finish. That includes the most important part which is the ending. Hence, to spoil a bit from the story, I want to say that Tomorrow With You probably has one of the best endings of a melodrama in history. Hands down.

The plot itself is unique. I'll give a short premise to the plot to let you know how unique it is: A man can time-travel to the future (and back to the present) through the use of a subway, thus leading him to be successful in his current life. The story starts there, introducing us to Yoo So Joon, a selfish and wealthy time traveler. His life changes when he finds out the he will die in the future (for those who haven't watched, relax. This spoiler isn't exactly a 'spoiler'. Technically) on the same night with a beautiful woman (Song Ma Rin). He then made the effort to rescue that woman in the present in the hopes of changing his future. It didn't change however, and it actually turned out worse because now, he couldn't travel in the future if the date is past 2019. Also, he doesn't die in the new future, but rather becomes missing.

If that's not some unique plot that will catch your attention for a melodrama then I don't know what will. The supposed 'plot twist' was already given at the start of the drama so it makes you think how will this pan out (Sort of how W did it from episode 5). Give this drama a try if you want something fresh and new. I wouldn't lie, it has some tweaky plot holes near the climax of the story, but overall, the presentation of the story from start to finish was sill fantastic. 9.5/10

Acting
I honestly thought Shin Min Ah + Lee Je Hoon was a weird combination. You're combining an actress famous for being in successful rom-coms such as My Girlfriend is a nine-tailed fox and Oh My Venus, and an actor who's known to play more serious roles, especially in Signal. I had this prejudice that both of them would suck at making viewers feel connected to them because of their backgrounds. I was wrong though. They both were fantastic in their first melodrama. The character development of both Yoo So Joon and Song Ma Rin in the show was exceptional. Yoo So Joon from being a selfish, lazy director of a real estate company to being a loving husband and a responsible person. Song Ma Rin from being an alcoholic, hopeless-romantic to being a gloomy, mysterious woman towards the end. The acting of the two leads is brilliant. Would have shed a perfect 10 had it not been for a really mediocre supporting cast. 9.5/10

Music
The OST is really unique. It was mainly composed of ballads and piano solos to capture the mood for scenes. I'm personally not a fan of classical music, but nevertheless, it was executed well in this series. You can feel the emotions in scenes from the music. 9/10

Rewatch Value
The plot is so unique for a melodrama that if you want to cry all over again, you can just watch it. I'm one of the few people who actually appreciates melodramas as it actually brings the best of the best actors/actresses in terms of delivery. Having a unique plot to make me feel that is a worthwhile experience

Overall
I recommend you to watch this even if you are not a fan of melodramas. You just might start appreciating melodramas after this. If you are a fan of Melodramas, prepare for an emotional ride

May 11, 2017
Two episodes of "Tomorrow With You", unfortunately or fortunately did not find something relevant ...
At first to see the debut, what can be deduced or better the first impression without Yoo So-Joon (Lee Je-Hoon) is a mess, is finding himself only because he can "fly" through time and Song Ma-Rin (Shin Min-A) talks about all that's secret when she's drunk, that's a fact.

The drama started well, I liked it, found the soundtrack good too, matches the fantasy genre, but then it was losing the rhythm of the thing.

And to make the mistakes of the scene, in the negative point, we have a shower of lies, in the scene where it begins to rain, Song has a brown coat, when running to shelter the coat has no splash of rain, is completely dry. (WTF?)

From the curious facts, highlight the cell phone "tile" that sponsors the drama.
At my discretion "Todorov Wirth Or" gave a diminution, was finding him a little confused, where is the organizational chart? Because it starts with the present, it will set the future, it will return to the past, it will go into the future again, then it will return to the present, it will jump into the future, it will flow back into the past .... My, dozed, bobbed, danced, Goes the story.

In general, they had wanted to leave that little couple, they came from a very uncomfortable flirt, then they got married and now we wait to see what happens ... and not much has happened.
Overall it was good romantic drama, despite the regrets, had a very nice chronology, I confess that in the beginning I did not put much faith, but as the romance unfolded and it was good.