My Only Love Song

Asma Beep
Jun 12, 2018
I don't usually watch historical dramas, but I've changed my mind since watching this! Loved the scenes and the costumes. I was pretty annoyed at Seung Yong's acting at the beginning as she was practically screaming but it became okay towards the middle. The cast was great and the acting was good. The drama does get a little boring, mainly due to flashbacks and unnecessary script wanderings, but overall the drama was solid throughout. Drama started out light and I was laughing, but I ended up crying at the end. I would probably not watch it again, but I seriously want a sequel!

Moon _Lovers
May 9, 2018
I personally loved it at such short time it became my second favourite K-Drama as my first is Moon Lovers but I'm not here to discuss moon lovers,

I loved the acting and how the story line progressed well I found myself crying many times on this but then laughing. There are going to be characters you hate like in all Drama's You feel yourself understanding the protagonist more and more I also loved the way they brought people from the protagonists life into the past and made it seem like there life before like you know reincarnation and stuff.

I loved it even though it didn't make sense at the start very much it was a very interesting drama to watch cause they changed history in away *winks* not telling how tho cause that will ruin the story for those that haven't seen it yet.

Overall the characters the story everything was amazing the romance in this was also top notch I loved it! I'm pretty sure you will like it to and find yourself laughing at how the people act, Even if you don't particularly like historical drama's I'm pretty sure you will like this one! have fun watching <3

Gina911
Jan 15, 2018
I love love love this show.

I love the characters and the storyline.  I was rooting for On Dal and Song Soo Jung to be together.  I was so happy that they did.  I wish there was more because I did not understand how On Dal found his way to the present by just walking with a flashlight.

I love the chemistry.  I love the lead actress.  She was soooooo funny.  Go II Yong was hilarious as a villain.  I was sad to see him die.

Although I finished watching, I find myself going back to see some very important scenes over and over again.

hdef
Dec 30, 2017
First  i didnt know Netflix had anything in the k drama division. But it was a very nice surprise. It has a nice comedy/ romance/ time travel story. It is nice to see something with a nice twist
 Second not going to give any spoilers but its a not so serious drama, episodes are half hour so you can really enjoy it. the pace in certain moments were a bit fast but never had that slow pace where you have to jump scene (yes there are some where you just hate that they drag it). The ending was perfect even though they could have cut out some of the flash backs and opted for more reunion in future and past. Overall it has a very good balance of quirkiness and cute.
 Its just a good drama to simply watch just to pick me up.

v
Dec 23, 2017
the acting in this was superb but the script was horrendous. this entire drama was filled with over the top cringeworthy humour and awful relationship development. i could barely get through an episode without gagging lol.

like everyone says, the main couple had great chemistry but that wasnt enough to get past their annoying relationship development. i actually liked them better before they got together.

and i’ll be honest while the acting was good, the only natural character in this drama was sam yong. everyone else seemed so awkward and out of place.

this story had potential but the story just wasnt executed well :/

SapphirePetal
Dec 17, 2017
I watched My Only Love Song on Netflix, which felt a little bit weird for me at first after getting used to watching everything on Viki or online.

Anyway, I'll start with the Cast; AMAZING. I loved the characters and the acting was good. The main leads had insanely great chemistry, and the kiss scenes and skinship felt very natural and not at all forced. Not to forget Moomyung and Pyongang, they were so sweet and I loved them so much! The villain general had a good actor too, he portrayed him well in my opinion. FT.Island's Lee Jaejin did a great job in this drama too, his character was very lovable.

Next stop; Music. The drama had like 2 songs playing on a loop, the rest of the soundtrack was instrumental. The songs and instrumentals were really good but I took points away because it felt strange that they played the same two songs on loop all the time.

Moving on to the Story. It was truly the Achilles' heel of this drama. At first I really liked it, but then it started to have these weird plot holes and some of the things that happened and the things some of the characters did didn't really make sense, and the very end of the last episode left me feeling very confused. What happened there?? What does that mean? I have no clue.

But overall, if you have nothing better to do I'd recommend watching this drama just for the cast and the characters. The plot wasn't all bad either, so this could be a great way to kill some time when you're bored. If you don't mind the plot holes, this drama is actually really entertaining. Also, the episodes are very short (~20min) so this would be a quick watch even though it has 20 episodes. Anyway, thanks for reading my review, I hope it was helpful!

Aug 21, 2017
A short drama to watch, that is both funny and romantic, but there isn't much in the plot. The performances were okay, and probably that was the reason why this one didn't flop, as the story was odd and kind of idiotic at some point. But, at least, the drama was entertaining, it had it's funny moments and the romance was okay, as the couple had chemistry. The ending, in addition, as a bit of a wrap up and it wasn't as much of a conclusion to the story and that left out many unanswered questions. The constant flash backs, as well, were tiring and boring, making the episodes longer, sure, but not adding anything to the actual story. So, 4 out of 10.

gwenp29
Jul 12, 2017
I love this drama. If you want to watch a drama but don't really have much time to invest in it, this is a pretty good alternative. Although it is 20 episodes, each episode is only 30 minutes long. Usually when they're short dramas, it feels like the story gets rushed in the end. I didn't think that was the case with this one.

THE STORY
A bratty actress finds herself transported to ancient times where she meets a guy who is the complete opposite of everything she wanted. It reminded me of The Queen & I where the girl is from modern times and the guy is from years in the past.

THE CAST
Everybody did a great job. The chemistry between Jonghyun and Seungyeon were on point. And hearing about them being in We Got Married made me want to watch the episodes. I ship these two now. They're so cute together. The other characters were great too. Even the supporting casts.

THE MUSIC
The music is why this wasn't a perfect 10 for me. It didn't really have enough songs to be memorable.

REWATCH VALUE
I will definitely re-watch this. So good.

OVERALL
My final rating is 9.5. I totally recommend this.

SoultoSeoul
Jun 25, 2017
First let me say, I love Rom-Com and historical parodies... For example: I absolutely adore My Sassy Girl (2017), as the story unfolds you can see the reasoning behind the leads crazy behavior, you also see her grow and mature as she develops a relationship with the lead male... The chemistry they have continues to build as each challenge causes to grow closer. I wish I could say I feel the same about My Only Love Song......I was hopeful with Netflix backing this drama but it lacks true substance, poorly constructed and terribly executed ...I couldn't connect with the lead actress Seung Yeon, no matter how much I wanted to feel for her. I love her in The Circle ..but not here. I don't think it is her fault as much as it could be the script writers or the directors, the chemistry of the actors.... When a drama is well done you can have compassion for the leads even when it's a ROM-COM-Historical parody, you find yourself wanting to see yourself along side them, fighting for them to finish well.
Unfortunately, after watching My Only Love Song I can only give it a 5 out 10 rating... There are so many better dramas to invest time in... this is not one I will be watching again.

Since I have not seen this mentioned....Side note for parents: This drama is rated for a Mature-14 audience , which is not surprising since most Kdramas are rated for ages 15 and up in Korea. Unlike most k-dramas I have watched in the past.... [email protected]^k and other colorful words are a repeatedly part of the dialog... If you are watching this when younger children who can "read" and they are in the room with you just be aware.

Lively Persimmon
Jun 23, 2017
i really really loved this drama it gave me drama fever for 4 days straight the plot and story fit together perfectly but i think the drama needed more than 20 episodes to express the true means of it. i also have to be completely honest i really don't think that gong seung yeon really portrayed the character song soo jung that well she didn't seem to have that bad rich girl feel i expected but lee jong hyun did ondal perfectly he espressed how money was just a hobby to get over his mother that was sold to people

i really didn't pay attendion to the music but hey the drama is called my only love song so yeah there should be good music am i right?.

princess pyung gang and moo myung were a couple you could tell from a start that they were going to fall in love as moo myung had great care and loyalty for her and he would always do what she said but from the start moo myung fell for her first but he couldn't understand his feelings for her which left the romance complicated but over alll

this drama was GOOD THANKS FOR READING MY REVIEW

Charity Mariposa
Jun 18, 2017
No doubt, this show further proves that Lee Jong Hyun and Gong Seung Yeon's chemistry is really MAGICAL! Although JH has been thought to be better off as an idol and a musician/singer than an actor, his acting opposite someone he truly/obviously adores in real life, apparently helped in overcoming his awkwardness as an actor. The lovely SY has been showing steady progress and strong skills in acting since she debuted, so she pulled off the spoiled, potty-mouthed, top-star and lovable character! Haha! She was able to balance off that sexy and elegant vis-a-vis serious and funny Soojung whom charismatic Ondal and narcissistic Gen. Ko Ilyong would fall for. Joo-hyung Park's skilled portrayal of the narcissistic villain is spot on, and truly hilarious, which makes the show more enjoyable to watch. Lee Jaejin's Samyong is also memorable and endearing; Didn't know Jaejin could act so well! Bravo to all the actors!

Many scenes appeared to be referenced from JH and SY's stint in We Got Married, which worked nonetheless, especially since this drama undoubtedly has a built-in fan-base; And many would be more than satisfied to see the long-awaited onscreen reunion that comes with bonus intimate scenes between the two main leads. Since this show is a web-drama and expects foreign viewership, the usually censored lines/actions and kissing scenes in Korean TV dramas were done away with. Those kissing scenes, by the way, were done confidently with passion and intensity. It was indeed a great move to cast JH and SY to be the leads in this drama!

There was some trouble with continuity of scenes and the storyline. The show also obviously lacked budget/the luster of the usual cast-of-a-thousand-extras/actors saeguk dramas; But when you are too busy swooning over the visuals and sweetness of the 2 main characters, all is glossed over with the taste of honey that overflows from every interaction of Soojong and Ondal. The director and production team did a good job anyhow, with the resources made available for them. The script obviously invested more on the main leads and it worked just fine.

If only for the contagious sweetness of the 2 main leads/characters, together with the magic that they create together that lights up the screen, this drama is quite a RECHARGING experience that is worth to be rewatched over and over. A Season 2 would be even better!

2beeinlove
Jun 17, 2017
The casting is superb! The lead couple is too adorable. I love every scene they are together. Their romantic scenes are daebak, natural, sincere and feel just real! But they pull out funny scene really well too. I would give other thumb-ups for supporting roles also.

The story is well-written enough for a fantasy web drama. It is light-hearted, easy to watch and especially hilarious!

Of course, I will rewatch it