Senior Secret Love: Puppy Honey 2

KainGuru
Apr 20, 2017
STORY: Porsche left to work in another city, leaving Emma behind. She meets Night who has had a crush on her since High School. Pick still can't figure out what to do with Rome, but now another guy, Din has started hanging out with Rome which makes Pick jealous.

ACTING/CAST: All great actors, so nice to see many of them come together from different series.

MUSIC: Great music.

REWATCH VALUE: Yeah, just the parts with Rome and Pick.

OVERALL: I am kinda sad to see the warm, sweet charm of Season 1 disappear. They definitely went in a different direction. Porsche is very moody and not as charismatic as before. Adding more cast has added much more tension. It feels like the innocence was lost between seasons.

Mio
Apr 29, 2017
To all the people who still haven't seen this season and are planning to watch it. Hear me out:

Don't watch it. RUN AWAY! SAVE YOURSELF.

I'm repeating: DO. NOT. WATCH. IT.

Better re-watch cute S1 and smile, than go into this... mess. Writers ruined everything.

I hope you hear me. If you still want to watch it and ruin everything you've seen in S1... be my guest. I am just warning you~ ^_^
Julius Angelo Garcia
Aug 13, 2017
This is your sequel in the first series. That's why I look forward to it because I feel, more struggles to experience and its real.
The actors evolved into much mature roles. This was a year after the first series and came to think that just one year ago the drama's timeline. I thought there would be lapses in acting because one year also passed, but the actors are really great. The composure, substance, and skills of each other, have improved.
The storyline was also leverage on the next level. It's more complicated, more difficult, and more robust. This drama has balance two face stories. Not just pure love, not just sadness, balance. And another, I see more capabilities of each character, how much they can and do for the people they care about.

There is one who needs to get away to fulfill their dreams, there is one who can not afford to be away of the one she loves because of distance, another one is in denial of what he is feeling inside but keeps on showing it, and the last one continue to love, reveal that Heartily though he is not sure if that person can afford all his offerings. These 4 faces of each character really hit me hard. You can be one of these four. You can be a martyr but childish, or be in denial but vocal to those you feel.
When I finished watching it, I know for myself that this is your last series, which will not have season 2 because of the close book. All questions have been answered in previous chapters. The fabulous and superb layout and texture of the story are accompanied by the intelligent performance of the selected actors. Kudos!
Senior Secret Love: Puppy Honey 2 (2017)

Toppiyo
Sep 20, 2018
It looks like I'm actually in the minority for this, but I feel like this season was better than the first season. The pace was far less rushed, and it felt more realistic overall. I would really recommend giving this season a chance if you were on the fence about the first season. Just watching two or so episodes should give you an idea of whether you'll like it or not.

It's not the most fascinating story, but it's cute and it's something to watch. If you're bored, there's no reason not to give it a go, but if you have more interesting dramas you want to check out, this one can definitely wait.

I feel there are a lot of areas where this series can improve, and I do hope for a third season to see where it would go.

JoRic
Apr 12, 2017
I am a BIG fan of Thailand Series, since the day I decided to watched Love Sick The Series season 1 and 2. And up until now I am still looking for a new drama series that will bring me back to my teenage years. And then I have found Make It Right The Series season 1 and I have been looking forward to see the new season which will be aired soon, according to the news.

While I was waiting for the Make It Right season 2, I have come across Secret Love: Honey Puppy season 1. The first season was not that intense but, I love the different kind of Love that the writer was trying to show. The love story of P'Porshe and Emma and the secret love of P'Pick and Rome. That kind of plot was very interesting and every episodes is something that you must never missed.

Now, i am writing a very short review regarding the first three episodes of Secret Love: Honey Puppy 2 (I never seen the Episode 4 with English sub, so that will be part on my next review.). For me the good thing about this season is the growing feeling of P'Pick towards Rome. i love the way it was being told. P'Pick said that he is or he was a straight guy and will never ever fall in love with the same sex (Rome). He keep on saying that there was no special relationship between him (P'Pick) and Rome. But he didn't realize that his feeling towards Rome is growing into something deeper until P'Din comes into the scene. Surely, in reality you will never know if you really love someone until there another person comes in between and will try to get the attention of the person who means so much more for you. I really love that kind of plot and the way how the writer try to tell the story between P'Pick and Rome. And guys believe me, that always happen in real life not just in TV series.

The love triangle of P'Pick, Rome and P'Din is a much awaited of all (at least for me in this case). I would like to see more of P'Pick side, how far will he go to win Rome. Or will P'Din be the person who try to get Rome from P'Pick. Now the world has turn upside down. As you can recall in the first season it was Rome who initiated to reveal his love toward P'Pick. But in this season, it seems like P'Pick will try to do his best to win Rome's heart. We will see what will happen next in the next succeeding episodes.

On the other hand, the story of P'Porshe and Emma is an example of a love that you have taken for granted. And that is a sad reality. If you love someone you should always find some time to make him/ her happy. Even though your distance apart from each other, you should always make an effort to see him/ her. Regardless of how busy you are in your work and in your studies. P'Porshe and Emma's love story is a very common story with a different endings. Either they will make it up with each other and continue with their relationship. Or be apart from each other and will start a new life with someone else. This is one of most awaited scene in this new episode.

I wanted to know if Friend (the new girl character) is really just a friend or a younger sister to P'Porshe or will she fall in love with him. And will P'Oh will accept P'Porshe in Emma's life. Will there be a chance that P'Night (the new guy character) will be Emma's new boyfriend. These are the questions that I want to have answers in the next succeeding episodes.

So far, this is one of my Most Favorite Series of all. I highly recommend this for everybody to watch. I love to see what will happen next to the story of P'Porshe and Emma and the story of P'Pick and Rome. Again there are so many possible endings. Let us see if one of those endings that we have inside our head will come to happen.

Thank you for reading my first review guys. I hope that you will like it. Again this review is only for the first three episodes of this season. I will soon write my next review after I watch the next succeeding episodes of this season. I love the story and I really hope that there will be season 3.

Just leave your comments and suggestions or violent reactions down below. Thank you guys.

beatriz
Feb 19, 2019
Well, I just finished watching this second season and I must say I’m not that impressed but also not disappointed. There were some things that bothered me quite a lot but other scenes were really cute and the characters are still likeable. I chose not to write spoilers in this review so I won’t go too deep into it but i wish this had more episodes and we could get into the heart of the story more because some things were just unclear. I like PickRome so now I want to watch Our Skyy! Finally I’ll be able to watch the first episode haha.
Anyways, I watched both seasons of Puppy Love in less than two days even though I had school and work. So if you’re interested in it, go watch it! It’s really short and doesn’t have that much angst (even though this season was more... complicated). Don’t expect a lot and you’ll like it.

tteokbokki
Jun 13, 2018
Cherreen aka Emma is not what I call a pretty girl, but she has her own charm. Thai actresses are of often more adaptive in their roles (as simple as they are), and she was probably the better actor of the show. She's cute and mature at the same time, portraying her character's insecurity and growth well. Probably more than Kang aka Porche, who doesn't have a strong role in S2 compare to S1. His personality switched over from persevering, passionate, honest animal lover to indecisive passive guy. Pik mentions this change to his buddy at some point too. A hint of possible upcoming infidelity all men, I say. LOL.

Two unchanging characters are Pik and Rome, if not closer in relationship. Off aka Pik impressed me in this series with his charisma and strong bad boy presence. He bitch slaps the hell out of people like no tomorrow. Gun aka Rome is no less manly despite his pretty appearance; he's quite direct and daring. Sometimes their interaction reminds me of Kongpop and Arthit (SOTUS). And of course, pleasant surprise of Krist appearance. His role may have been smaller, but he's ever so charming. Also nice to see Sing aka Din again since LOVE SICK.

I liked the shortness of the series, and enjoyed it even more than S1. First season was all cuteness due to start of every relationship, it's new and fun. S2 continues 3 years later where all relationships hit the bump along the road, therefore not so cute. I skimmed through Emma & Porche's scene, since they were as predictable as they come. Pike & Rome was more interesting.

MarceloHassan
Jun 17, 2017
There are some problems. Probably the actors are cute and good ones - specially Emma (Horvejkul Nutcharee), but the story lacks a real climax and well formed antagonists and villains. The supposed to be villain is Din (Cheewagaroon Harit), but he is too cute, with the right to fight for his crush (Rome), but the way he is punished by Pik produces more pity than solidarity with Pik and Rome. The scenes related with Emma and Porsche are slow and redundant . Night (the great actor from Sotus) lost the time here, being weak and not posing a real challenge for Porsche - just like a condescending and passive character... doing nothing to ensure the love of Emma.) The scenarios seem too artificial, a "perfect Cinderella world". too much make up, especially for male actors - you can see the red lipstick in Rome, Porsche and Night, looking almost feminine.

Emma's brother (an antagonist that was strong in the first season, but here is lost), could make a big plan with a more aggressive and intelligent Night (we know him from Sotus) to ensure that Porsche never would come back. Din could be real nasty, dominating, tricky, strong, ready to fight, trying to break any relation between Rome and Pik, making his own gang to face the hard character of Pik... That would make sense.

anchorenomore
May 14, 2017
This drama was horrible. There was so much potential but I don't know who dropped the ball on this one. Three of the actors in this drama are so good in others but I did not feel the chemistry at all. Ugg like another reviewer said, save yourself from watching this. I had really hoped to like it but even after watching it two times to understand what was going on I was still left wondering "what the heck did I watch?" Just like my bad romance this drama deviated so much from what could have been a sweet story.
JonDon
Jan 24, 2019
The series is very cute. It had a different tone and a different feel to it than the first season, but that's what I feel made it so interesting. Two lovers still trying to work out there relationship over a distance, that's real stuff right there. I also like how much more in-depth we got into the relationship of Pik and Rome. I love love love the subtlety of it. It wasn't too heavy it wasn't too drastic. It was just mild homosexualness, just a couple of sprinkles which is what made it cute and interesting. I completely recommend this series to any who haven't watched it yet, you won't regret it!

Jessica
Nov 21, 2018
My feelings on Season 2 are very mixed.

On the one hand, I loved that Pick and Rome got a whole lot more screen time, and watching their relationship develop was my favorite part of the drama. Pick getting jealous over Rome's club mate was definitely a treat, and I died each time Pick got protective over his baby (omg the last episode!! You'll know when you see it). Rome's sweet, more mature demeanor is such a good contrast to Pick's hotheaded, slightly immature one. This was the OffGun dynamic that I waited for in Season 1, and boy did they deliver in Season 2. I do wish that this series focused solely on them, however, because I think a lot could have been explored further, especially the elements of the plot that really tested the boys' relationship.

On the other hand, I got so incredibly bored with Emma and Porsche's story line. The drama between them was so contrived and disingenuous. It was like the writers wanted to cause friction between them but couldn't come up with something plausible based on what we saw in Season 1 (probably because there really isn't a basis for this season's drama) so they just threw something together real quick. Basically, Porsche takes an internship in a remote area away from Emma. Emma decides very early on that Porsche isn't spending enough time with her and she can't handle that so she breaks up with him. Uhh, excuse me?? You want him to choose you over his education and career? You can't handle being physically away from him temporarily (can still call and text)? Clearly she must not have liked him very much since she was so quick to dump him and start flirting with (leading on?) a new guy (Krist, i.e., Arthit from SOTUS, who has more chemistry with his SOTUS co-start Singto than he does with Cherreen). Bottom line: Emma became a very unlikable, unsympathetic character in Season 2, too needy and whiny, which contrasted noticeably with how she was portrayed in Season 1 (though Cherreen, the actress who plays her, was still charming in the role so I didn't find Emma to be completely despicable). Now, I didn't really stan this couple as I'm more of a BL junkie, so my heart wasn't broken over the drama. But because it felt so insincere, I found it really hard to get invested in their story and difficult to pay attention during their scenes. I also didn't like the message this plot line seemed to send.

I also felt like the pacing wasn't as good this season as it was in Season 1. Although this season had two more episodes than its predecessor, by the time we reached the final episode, I couldn't believe it. The climax for both couples came so late in the game, with the result that everything felt rushed in the final episode.

Final thoughts: Pick and Rome were the standout characters for me and if I were to watch this again, it would only be for their parts. If you're a huge fan of them and want to see more of their relationship, I would definitely recommend watching their parts. I think you can safely skip the rest of the story line without losing anything at all. If you're watching the series only for Emma and Porsche, you'll probably want to skip this season and stick with what was given in Season 1.

Lovealicia
Oct 30, 2018
Just to clarify, the Porsche and Emma storyline brought this season down, even though it was excellent for Pik and Rome.

Porsche has moved to a faraway(?) countryside veterinary hospital to do an internship that he didn't have to go to at all and for no reason. He can't tell us why he decided to do that, but he also has stopped answering his phone (which makes no sense later on) leaving Emma feeling frustrated and lonely which leads to their inevitable break up.

As soon as they officially break up, Porsche suddenly had hours out of every day to socialize with this other chick whom he has no romantic feelings for but decides to lead on anyway. Damn, if only he had all those fucking hours when he was not answering the fucking phone for Emma. Like, he meets Friend every day after her classes and takes her to dinner and walks her home - he spends like 3 hours with her daily while he couldn't find time to respond to Emma's texts. I'm not against him leaving - I think relationships should be respectful and allow for these kinds of things, I'm not for possessiveness in any way, but still - he legit neglected her and then found time for someone else. It's sketch.

Also, his character is different. He's depressed, which goes against everything we saw in season 1. He was the leader of a club, determined and tenacious and charming. So I don't know what's up with him, but their whole storyline was hard to watch.

Emma jumps into a new relationship with some rando named Night (WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE AND DOES KONGPOB KNOW WTF YOU ARE DOING?) and it's like, sweet, but also odd and a weird choice for the storyline. Although, (if he wasn't already taken by my sweet Kongpob) I would a thousand times ship them over this new, neglecty, depression Porsche situation. It's not healthy.

And now, the reason we are all even watching this show: Pik and Rome.

It's been an entire year and Pik and Rome have not figured their shit out. Rome knows what's up, and is forthcoming and honest, but Pik is kinda mean and won't acknowledge his feelings. Rome is casually intimate (like hand-holding, sweet words) with Pik, who accepts it, but still keeps him at arms length (although spends every waking moment with him). It isn't until... I forgot his name. Din! Psycho Din comes into the picture and makes his feelings for Rome clear, and Pik turns into a raging, jealous psycho. He acts completely insane on their camping trip out of jealousy, and when they get back it's all forgotten because he instigates a kiss. This show has a history of brushing over some seriously crazy behaviors from our cast.

Anyway, after that, Rome just gets more comfortable up until Din's diabolical plan almost works and creates a wedge between them. But then, it all comes to light and they SORT IT OUT and Pik confesses his love and they live happily ever after (or so we'll see in Our Skyy).

Rome and Pik's scenes are great. Honestly. Every single one of them. Their chemistry is amazing and their intimacy is adorable. I would re-watch their story alone. Actually, if they had condensed their story into season 1 and had two happy endings, it would be ten stars all the way.

Porsche and Emma end up back together, but I wasn't feeling their storyline, so whatever.