Make It Right 2: The Series (2017) poster

Gay-themed/BL/ Movies and dramas
-BL-

anchorenomore
Jun 12, 2017
I had high hopes for Season 2, but it's just not doing it for me. The acting did improve with some of the characters, but I can definitely tell that there is a lot of Pandering to the BL obsessed fans to the point that the story lines aren't developed quite well. Add to this that the one dimensional characters are getting more screen time than the more complex characters for the sake of creating "drama" takes away from what Season 1 had going for itself. Honestly, this series could have touched on so many topics concerning young men but chose to ignore real serious ones from Season 1. Overall, it's not a bad series, but it definitely lost the charm it had, at least for me.

EricAng
May 25, 2017
I have been a strong support for Peak and Boom, I am glad and surprise Peak and Boom acting have improved so much, and also the other cast too,
Back to the story line, I can feel the strong love between Fuse and Tee and although Fuse wanted to return to Jean but I can feel he is reluctant to let Tee go, but I can understand this is not fair for Tee but sometime in life especially when coming to love, or starting to love it is always difficult to make decision so I just hope Fuse and Tee can maintain their love for each other, anyway the original theme of this movie is "I believe true love exist".
About Book and Fame they are now having love over their head, and I also hope they can stay faithful to one another.
About the author very good story line, able to express people that are in love, same couple falling in love but expressing and experiencing their love differently, I believe there are many peoples that are also going through the same thing.
lastly, to the director I believe there are many screens in the book that cannot be shown on TV but he is able to make us imagine what is going on, so I think he has done a very good job.
And to all the crews thanks for all the hard work and all the problems that they have encountered and Make It Right!
Cheer!

MarceloHassan
Aug 13, 2017
The characters are, surely, lovely. But a second season is always a risk for production: it does not guarantee a good outcome. In the case of "Make it right", the second season is poor in ideas and arguments: there is not a real climax and the characters live in a perfect world where everything happens as it is expected. The drama of Book as victim of an online sex video lacks consistency, logic and deep insight. It remains in the despair of Frame trying to be supportive of a depressed Book, but there is not a real villain, there is not a real explanation of why it happens and there is not any further consequence. The part of Tee and Fuse is even more worrisome: there is a vain attempt of Tee to walk away from an undecided Fuse, but it is also a succession of pink scenes without emotion, real drama and interest. Other alternative stories like the one of Rodtang seems too much artificial - Rodtang was very much interesting in the first season and his first partner was more real and dominant, while this second one is too passive. If it is popular, it's not because there is a succeed in the story, but it is more for the charm of the characters, but it is as there is another director or another playwright. I hope they will not try a third season that could be more damaging especially to the actors. It would be better to see them in new productions, new adventures and new ideas.?

Magical
Dec 3, 2017
Second season really disappointed me. Even though I wasn't expecting much of the 2nd season it was still a disaster. This series focus on more than just two's romance - I actually prefer when series have just two main leads. On top of all I felt extremely uncomfortable since the majority of the actors are underage, even though I was at the edge of being a minor while watching this. The series were overall pretty boring and I wanted to drop the drama multiple times. Besides the few new attractive actors and ost. I barely enjoyed it.
beatriz
Jul 19, 2018
(HEART)

I know this may sound crazy to some of the people who have watched both seasons because I've seen some of the reviews of season 2 and most of them weren't that positive but I think I liked this season slightly better. Judge me all you want but I think I've become too attached to the characters not to include this series one my favorites list. It does have its flaws but it's such a nice show to watch! Can't I give it 10 stars because it's fun and cute?
This review will be detailed and extremely long so if you don't feel like reading it then all you need to know is: JUST GO WATH THIS SEASON BEFORE JUMPING INTO CONCLUSIONS BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE WILL HAVE THE SAME OPINION (This is not an aggressive tone, by the way. It's just meant to pop out hahaha I'm sorry if it scared you!). Some of the reviews were pretty harsh and if I had them prevent me from watching this season then I wouldn't have fallen in love (even more) with the characters and the cast! So I encourage you to watch it and judge it by yourself ^^

Okay, now, the review.

STORY: The plot was somewhat frustrating when it came to the main couples, Tee & Fuse and Frame & Book. They both had an interesting story going on but who wasn't as well developed as it could have been, in my opinion. On the other hand, I saw some improvement in the secondary couples! My favorite was Mo & You. Such a cute couple! Their story warmed my heart because it was light and innocent and we weren't expecting it, were we? In the previous season I didn't really like Yok that much (I will talk about that in a second) and because of this couple thing I was finally able to understand and love him. I have to say Wit and Yok's mom's relationship was strange? I don't know, I guess it was too weird for me. I preferred Lily because their interactions were great. Nine & Rodtang were less exciting this time, maybe because Nine became too whipped for Rodtang? haha I don't know, they could have done a better job with them. I personally didn't understand the storyline involving Fuse's sister; once again, it was kind of useless. But while these "useless" plot lines bothered me in the last season, this time I actually enjoyed them a little bit more.

CHARACTER'S, CAST AND ACTING: I fell in love with the cast. They're all handsome, young and talented. They improved a lot from season 1. The kisses were still awkward, specially between Tee and Fuse. I do think the best "intimate" moments were between Book and Frame and that's all thanks to Ohm (Frame), who seemed very comfortable with kissing Toey's cheek and hugging him and all that jazz. Frame is hands down one of my biggest bl characters crushes. So sweet, so understanding, so fbhvrhgjvbjvb. He made me giggle and smile throughout the whole series. Book on the other hand... I just didn't love him that much in this season. Of course he went through a lot but it didn't feel like he was struggling that much because of what happened to him; it felt like he was just being grumpy. I think Toey could have done a better job portraying the character. It felt as if Ohm was carrying the couple (and the whole show sometimes) despise not being the most experienced actor. Peak and Tee are good actors but sometimes it was a little TOO much: Peak/Fuse gave that whipped smile way too much, Tee/Boom was too calm when he could have been, you know, less calm, their kisses were way too awkward. I did like them and I'm crazy about the actors (they're so cute!!) but season 1 was a better season for them. Fuse frustrated me and I have to admit I started shipping Tee and Sid! Sid was such a sweet person and was so well portrayed! Lukmo and Yok were SO GOOD! Not perfect but definitely the biggest surprise for me. Lily... I LIKED LILY SO MUCH. I wish they had developed her story with Wit more. The antagonists were pretty good as well. Nine and Rodtang... ahhhh they were kind of forgettable, even if they were very cute together.

MUSIC: I liked every single song in this season. Every. Single. Song. It's definitely worth the 10 stars for me!

REWATCH VALUE: I would 100% rewatch this show. Both seasons.

OVERALL: While this might not be the best drama out there, it owned my heart and I have accepted it. I am in love with the actors (slightly obsessed) and I'm just so happy they're my age! I follow them on social media (: This show was based on fan service but it was more than that, at least to me. I'm happy I decided to watch it!

Maria Zoulaika
May 9, 2018
This series is so cute seriously if you don't want to die of cuteness and butterflies in ya belly don't watch this...you must not be gay to enjoy this series I for one never imagined I could ever enjoy watching a gay movie or series but I really enjoyed this particular series and it makes me wanna watch more gay series ...
My fav couple Tee and Fuse those two just make it even better trying resisting each other but there's a hidden magnet somewhere you know what I mean and for comedy you have Lukmo and Yok those two got it all. For bad boy gone good there's Frame and Book...Like seriously guys you got to watched this

Lovealicia
Oct 6, 2018
Season 1 was so much better than season 2, but it does give us the closure we need, eventually.

Where do I even begin? So, first, they randomly decided to throw LookMo and Yuk together, and it's so weird it takes like half the season to warm up to the idea.

Another thing is that the characters themselves CHANGED. Wit and Es, who I think are different actors, have completely different personalities and habits. They changed the actor for Nine, and cast it horribly (he went from really tall to really short), but most of all they changed his personality completely. He was dumb and bullied Rodthang in season 1, but in season 2 he was this weird, quiet, subservient short dude who spends all his time quietly gazing at Rodthang. Like, what? Ruined all that for me. The sister no longer is with or even knows her best friend/lover, and also doesn't have the same career. Yuk went from a very flashy, strong, proud character to a much less flashy version of himself. LookMo changed entirely with his adoration of Yuk.

Tee is the same, and he still deserves way better than Fuse. Fuse, who keeps trying with Jean and just hurts everybody over and over because he is not a good dude. Ugh.

There is a super uncomfortable side plot with Wit and Yuks homophobic mom that is hella weird.

Oh, also, the setting has changed entirely. They all reside in completely different places and go to a different school and don't even go to the mall anymore which is where 90% of season 1 took place. Like, they rented one loft in an apartment building and made it so they all lived there and just redecorated for each persons 'room.'

And now, why we are all here. BOOK AND FRAME. The real fucking deal, the cutest and most genuine couple, with the most complex character development and cutest storyline overall. This season, their story is like actually canon with season 1, unlike all the others. Book is put into an awful situation and Frame steps up to the freaking plate and helps him through it. He makes a few mistakes, and so does Book, but overall they are the reason why I stay alive. Oh, and they cast some 25 year old dude to play Book's dad and that was weird.

Overall it gave me conclusions that I needed and some that I didn't (Wit and who?), so it was worth the watch, but could have been better. I wouldn't watch it again.

milkyboy
Oct 2, 2017
STORY
compared to the first season, this season of make it right shows a lot of improvement. if you are an avid supporter of bookxframe then you'll love this season because it has a lot more focus on how things are going with them than in the first season. each couple (teexfuse, bookxframe, rodtangxnine, lukmoxyok) had their own thing going on and each issue was resolved for better or for worse. this season also introduces us to a few new character that you will either love with all your heart or hate with a burning passion.

ACTING/CAST
this series was casted extremely well, i fell in love with ohm (frame), boom (tee), plan (wit), and toey (book) while watching the first season and i continued to fall for more actors such as film (seed) while watching the second season. the cast is dominantly the same as the first season although the actor for the character nine was changed for reasons i do not know. the acting improved from the first season but some of the actors are still lacking but that's expected, all actors have the ability to improve in one way or another.

MUSIC
there isn't much to say here since i found myself skipping through the theme song as each episode began.

REWATCH VALUE
i would without a doubt watch this series again, it had me on the edge of my seat constantly and i loved every bit of it. the relational developments that happened and all the good and bad times really made the show worth watching.

OVERALL
this drama definitely holds one of the spots in my top ten bl dramas list, i have such a strong attachment to the relationships and characters involved. i'm so sad that it's actually over but i look forward to seeing what the actors who participated in this have to show in other dramas they might star in. if you're on edge about watching this and aren't sure whether you actually want to or not, i highly recommend you at least give the first season a chance because even if you don't like it, you'll definitely love the second season.

miracleye
Jul 13, 2019
I have very few negative things to say about it besides small acting and storyline issues. I couldn’t stop watching it because, in my opinion, everything was better than the first season. It’s still the same cute gay web drama with immature moments, however, it has a lot more adult topics and is written more appropriately.

Issues
- some emotional scenes fall flat and some serious scenes seem superficial and confusing, kiss scenes are still poorly executed.
- some storylines seemed to be thrown in and even abandoned as the series progressed.
Mohammad Al-Farouk Unga
Aug 17, 2018
I honestly like the two seasons and I think they deserve a third one or season finale. I like the development of the main character's love story as well as the others. Fuse and Tee has a good chemistry and acting was superb. Book and Frame are my fave actually and they have more intense storyline compare to the first. Other characters has cute storyline and if there's a third season, I wanna see Kristina have a pair of her own.

If I'm going going to write a draft of the 3rd or finale season, it will be a time leap from 2nd season. Let's say they all graduated college and starting to have work. Fuse and Tee are planning to get marry but their relationship is starting to shaky again because of someone from the past comes back. Frame and Book broke up somewhere in between from the end of season 2 to 3 but destiny reunite them back. Rodtang and Nine are now couple but needs to decide which to prioritize, their relationship or work? Lukmo and Yok has a long distance relationship after highschool and starting to fall out of love because of it. Wit and Ess are still bff but what if someone fall in love will they still remain friends? Kristina became a famous make up artist and still single and meet the man of his dreams, will he take it or not?

It's somehow lame theory/fan fic but I hope the directors and producers as well as writer and fan see this. Let's make season 3 happen.

Cibernete
Mar 20, 2018
Very fanny series, congratulation! On the other hand, I think the relationship between the main characters and also the other couples that emerged during the development of the story, such as frame, and very surprising as the one of kopter and lukmo, seems very tender. In short, recommended series for its freshness and fun character, great audiovisual entertainment in summary. I really liked the role of mixer, in the last chapter, what is the real name of the actor who is mixer in the series, I hope response, thanks
Cornchips
Apr 6, 2019
In this season the story is further fragmented, every couple have their own problem which were more deeper than before and more concentrated for each partner. -1- Tee n Fuse couple, in the beggining till middle of the series i'm so bored because i think the conflict are monotonous. -2- Mo n Yok couple kinda rush, suddenly Mo fell in Love and moved in with Yok. I can't relate. But thanks they're so fun! so i can tolerate. -3- Frame n Book couple, their love story is the most interesting compared to other couples. their chemistry was so good too. -4- Rodtang n Nine couple, omg i couldn't get their chemistry, seriosly zero! maybe because the actor who play as nine had replaced.

If i compare to the first season, i think balanced. The first season story was interesting in the beggining and for the second season story was much interesting at the last. Actor who plays as Tee his acting has improved on the other hands there are few of support roles in MIR season 2 weren't good in acting. Also i liked the opening music in season 1 more than in season 2.

And i wanted to give a honour to the actor who play as Frame he did a great job! I just knew that this is his first debut acting! also he never dated before (when this series were made). But he know his character and apply it so well!