The website is currently undergoing maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Temperature of Love

• Drama: Temperature of Love
  • Country: South Korea
  • Aired On: Monday, Tuesday
  • Network: SBS
  • Duration: 30 min.
  • Genres: Comedy, Romance
  • Tags: Cooking, Older Woman/younger Man
  • Rating: 15+ Restricted (violence & profanity)

• Members: 5,607
kingsqueen
I swear I will never watch another drama by this writer again if I can help it. There is no reason this show should have been 20 hours long. At. all.
While it may have started off cute, sweet, and romantic, it quickly devolved into just hours of NOTHING. If you watched Doctors and realized NOTHING really happened in that drama....this one was even worse. I love the main actress, but I hated her character in this show. Right now, having just finished it a few hours ago, I am irrationally angry with myself for not allowing myself to drop this drama earlier in the series. I am mad that I sat through 20 hours of meandering and didn't really have any satisfaction at the end.

I hated the way all the main females behaved and how they treated the men in their lives. The only decent female in the show was Soo Jung, the sommelier at Jung Seon's restaurant. Hyun Soo was a terrible character. I thought that Jung Seon had no strength. Hong Ah was a selfish brat. Kyung, while probably one of the cutest to me at first, just became irrationally stubborn in some of the later episodes. Jung Woo was just wronged by almost all of those he was closest to and treated well (save Jung Seon). The parents were not really good people. So, while the acting was decent for most of the cast....I didn't really like most of the characters.

The music was nice, so that is a plus.
I will never ever rewatch this. I could not give it zero stars.

Please do not waste your time on this mess. Not even for Kim Jae Wook's cheekbones which, quite frankly, could have been the sole reason I even finished this stupid show.

SuchismitaTripathy
Before i go on a rant about this drama, i want to declare one thing. I have realised i am incredibly patient and thank you for curing my insomnia. This year had a series of amazing thrillers and rom-coms and a few disappointments and sadly this drama was one of them.
The problem of this drama is not with the actors or the chemistry or the story-line but the only trouble was this drama was filled with pretentious and fake characters and situations. The biggest selling point that could have been good and luxurious food, turned out to be watery bland soup which turns cold very soon. The story starts losing its charm after a while and you are only left with drinking water.

Genre : Comedy, Romance, Melodrama

Story : A strong writer meets a charming young prodigy chef at a running group and they fall in love. The "temperature of love" stays hot till a few episodes and then goes cold and i don't mean icy cold, i mean the luke warm water that is boring to drink and you get tired of it after a while. Hong Ah is a rival writer who is in love with the chef but Won Joon is a wanna be chef who is in platonic love with Hong Ah. The rest of the characters are mostly pointless and worthless.  Even an actor like Kim Jae Wook couldn't save this drama. There are internal struggles and character developments but the whole setting isn't as effective as to save the theme. Both the professions of a restaurant chef and a writer lack passion and look amateur-ish and aren't as fun to watch. The story on a genral topic isn't new in the drama world and mostly consists of predictable scenes and dialogues.

Actors :
Seo Hyun Jin is someone i personally dislike as an actor. I don't know if she really tries or just goes along with herself but there are points when she's bright in situations that have to be dealt with tragedy and her expressions are useless at romantic scenes. She tries hard to sound matured but she fails miserably and her dialogues of utmost deep romance sound like jokes.

Yang Se Jong has done a good job in making his character an passively emotionless machine and i am convinced. (yes, i am being sarcastic.)

Kim Jae Wook, What do i say about this man, i have been love with this man as an amazing actor and i have followed most of his dramas and he has never disappointed me once. But i could see his struggle and hard work clearly in this drama. His brilliance had me craving to see him more but sadly there wasn't much to his character than a sad man who has everything but is still miserable.

Other characters that could've been worked more on were Cho Bo Ah as Hong Ah who plays a really strong writer and Ji Il Joo as Kim Joon Ha and Lee Cho Hee as Hwang Bo Kyung.

Will I watch it again? Not till i am insomniac or forced to watch with a gun by my head and even then i'd probably fall asleep.

Will i recommend it to anyone? not if i like that person and yes if i want him/her to get rid of his/her addiction of dramas.

Elle
The selling point of this drama was the off the charts chemistry between On Jung Sun and Lee Hyun Soo.  There were a number of charming parts to this drama.  On Jung Sun was the first beta boy that completely swept me off my feet.  Yang Se Jong did such an amazing job in this role.  Also I really enjoyed how Seo Hyun Jin was able to portray such an independent and likable female lead in Lee Hyun Soo.
Where this drama missed the mark was in all the obstacles it threw at this precious lead couple. This just led to a lot of unnecessary mellodrama.   There are issues with their friends, family, money and on and on.  This setup got sooooo repetitive.  I wish this drama had a way of focusing more on the couple.  Overall, a sweet drama but your pretty standard fare.

Linky
I enjoyed this it. I probably shouldn't have, but I read some reviews before I finished watching it and it was kind of hard to not let it influence how critically I watched the last episodes. I am surprised at how strongly a lot of people dislike this drama. I guess this is one that you either like or really, really hate.

The main thing I really liked about this drama is that it perfectly captures the magic of falling in love with someone - when even the most mundane moments in everyday life feel more special and and exciting. You feel it when you watch this drama. The first half of the drama treats viewers to lots of happy romantic heartwarming scenes. There's nothing really dramatic or extraordinary about it. There's not a lot of setup. You just get to see lots of scenes of them being nice to each other and enjoying each others company and in lots of dramas those scenes are so rare because there is so much conflict and setup usually. It's the opposite of that in this drama.

The lead characters are just regular people - not perfect. (Though Jung Seon is an unrealistically nice boyfriend- which is probably one of the main reasons I enjoyed watching their romance so much.) Both have their issues and make mistakes. Hyun Soo is prickly and indecisive. Jung Seon has insecurities. They are making their way through life and career challenges - nothing over the top.

The downside may be that there isn't a whole lot of conflict. It's about finding love, then overcoming the obstacles of everyday life or personality conflicts that get in the way. A lot of the conflict falls into stereotypes. There is the rich CEO, the jealous friend and the disapproving parents that get thrown in there to mess with the couple. But these stereotypes are all given more of a normal realistic twist than in most dramas, so conflicts resolve in a low key fashion as most things do in real life. Many people might find that boring and anti-climactic.

For a relatively simple story, the drama is stretched out too long into 40 episodes when it probably could have been told better in half that amount. Many scenes especially in the last half of the drama felt kind of like filler. But having said all this I personally wasn't bored. I enjoyed all the simple happy scenes. There is a dreamy, soft-focus vibe that permeates the whole drama that I found pleasant and relaxing, like sitting quietly and sipping hot cocoa.

Yuna
Please don‘t get irritated because I gave this drama a high score. It is all thanks to the Acting and the chemistry between the Leads (and the Actors and Actresses all in all)

Story: The Story is about two people who fall in Love, break up and meet again after a few years, when they are a little older. The story begins promising but in my opinion Ha Myunghees dramas doesn‘t have to be more than 16 (32) Episodes. The Script doesn‘t suit the episode count. Honestly, the beginning was promising and I liked the storyline, because there were to people who fall in Love, break up and meet again after a few years. But...there are (other than the break up) not many conflicts… I mean where are the parents, who I want to hate? Where are the enemies?
 Sadly I have to say, that you don‘t need to watch this drama for the story (But you could like it, if you liked Doctors). I watched this drama after a the first half only because of the Actors.

Actors: That brings me to the people who did their best...and they did it amazing. I wouldn‘t rate this drama with 9.5 if it wasn‘t for the Actors. Yes, the Story was...loooong and fast told, but the Actors did amazing jobs.
 First of all Seo Hyunjin. ToL was my first drama with her in the first lead role. I was excited, because I heart very good tings about her acting after she acted in „Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim“ and „Another Oh Hayoung“. SHJ played a woman at the end of her twentys (later in her 30s) who works very hard as an assistant writer who really tries to win a contest. Because of her Job she fights with her younger sister, with whom she lives under a roof. Hyunjin did a very good job. Her character Lee Hyunsoo is tough, has energy, but hasn‘t much interest in Love. In my Opinion Hyunjin is a very good Actress and now I will watch her other dramas too. She was one of the reasons, why I rated this drama so high.
 The Second (or first) reason is Yang Sejong. Yes I was sceptical when I heart, that he would play the first male Lead Role. Why? Because I saw his Acting in Duel and it was so amazing, that I thought he can‘t top it. Okay, honestly I can‘t compare his roles whith one another. But he did it. He was amazing, even though it was his first Lead role in a romantic drama. Sejong plays On Jungsun a young chef in his twentys who grew up in Francem where he was interesten in the french cuisine. At the beginning of the drama he works as a chef in a restaurant, where his boss is a ‚friend‘ of him. Jungsun doesn‘t have any experiences in Love but he learns very fast what it means to love another person woth all he have. Sejong really is an amzing actor and he wirks very hard. I hope his talent will be recognized, because I am very sad, that his dramas have low ratings…
 The Second Male Lead was played by Kim Jaewook. I like his Acting very much because of „Who are you“ where he played a Ghost. Jaewook did an amazing job, but his role was… I think it was a very complacted role. He played Park Jungwoo, a successfull CEO of his own Company who is interested in Hyunsoo and in Jungsun because of his cooking. So he becomes hin investor and one of the most important people of Jungsun (and Hyunsoo, too). Without knowing that his two friedns have known each other for years he loves Hyunsoo since he knows her.  He loves Jungsun, too, like a brother, but not enough to give up his love of his Life. Jaewooks acting impressed me very much. But his character wasn‘t mean enough. If it weren‘t for Sejong, I would have rooted for Jungwoo, because he was so...tragical.
 Jo Boah played the best friend of Hyunsoo who is rich but jealous when others are recognized and she doesn‘t. Boah played her role well, even though I think she seems to be younger that she really is. The opposite from Sejong who could be older than he really is. Boah role was Ji Hong ah who is in love with Jungsun, but sometimes I thought she only thought she loves him because Hyunsoo live him, too. I hope you know, what I mean.
 The people around Jungsun (Shim Heesub, Cha Inha, Lee Kangmin, Block Bs P.O and Chae Soojung acted very well, too. Ji Iljoo who plays the junior of Kim Jaewooks character and Lee Chohee who plays the other best friend of Hyunsoo were very cute when they were together.

The Chemistry between the Actors were very good, even though the first two episodes were a little bit awkward. I hope Sejong and Hyun will be play a couple again but with a better script, ecause they are very good Actors and it would be nice to see them again. Maybe in a really sad melodrama^^.

Music: The Music was amazing. I love the OST. The whole OST.

All in all I want to say that you don‘t need to watch it, if you don‘t care for the Actors. But If you love the Actory you should try it, because the Acting and music rescues the whole Drama...

Very well articulated  storytelling, excellent narrative, the mix of comedy drama is  harmonious, a fun drama to watch, solid story, perfect acting from a  sensational cast watered down to a nifty soundtrack. "Temperature of Love" maybe of negative filmmaking, I find it simple for a generous budget that the drama had for production. Overall,  it's a very good drama that is worth watching as well as I found the  protagonist Lee Hyun Soo less beautiful than Ji Hong Ah, irrelevant and  mere detail.
hardpliers
To start off, I want to pay my respects to the trailer and the first episodes of this show which got me really hooked right from the beginning. Never before have I been so excited to watch what seemed like a super custom made drama just for me. I like my romance stories like that: the leads fall in love from first sight, their chemistry is off the charts, they are both gorgeous and the music fits in with the mood. To add, the beautiful cinematography and all of the things mentioned came into one big bubble of joy which made my Monday and Tuesday nights so enjoyable. Everything would seem great and I'd finish this review with a strong 10 if it wasn't for the unnecessary melodramatic twists and the extended episodes. I really planned to put this drama in my "Top 10" list, but it just wasn't possible because of how draggy the directors decided to make this masterpiece. Seriously, it felt like I was watching Naruto with all of those filler episodes which contained no development whatsoever. Still, somehow I managed to pull myself together and finish the last episodes. And to be honest, the last episodes were really refreshing and nice. Not to mention the stunning male lead and his character. These type of calm, confident and feminine male characters aren't very common in the drama world, so this made this drama quite unique.

Overall,  I'm definitely recommending this to people who enjoy professionally filmed dramas with a fast-slow paced type of plot. Yes, some parts are really boring and the story gets frustrating, but the end is worth savoring every minute of this drama!

Rainedon
I enjoyed this drama on a more profound level than I thought I would. I loved the narrative.  I actually looked forward to every episode to see how the characters would resolve their differences and agree to accept each other instead of trying to change each other.  I particularly relate to how the female lead went through doubts about whether what they had was acceptable to her. I admired the male lead for being so sure of what he wants and going for it. The title of the drama is temperature of love so it would not be right to just expect love at it's most passionate and when it is at it's most frigid.  They had to explore the many "temperatures" that a person has to go through in a relationship.  Love is different for different people and they express it differently, they go through it differently , they have different perspectives, and different expectations.  As a persons who has experienced a few serious relationships, I can understand how there is not one way of experiencing love and attaining its essence.
The acting was commendable and the chemistry between the leads was palpable.  The second lead had just as good a chemistry with the female lead and the love between the men.....enviable.  I also  enjoyed the side stories of the asst. writer and director -cute  and immature, but these types happen in real life.  The sous chef and the other writer,  to me, showed growth in their relationship.  The parents are realistic in that there really are parents who act more childlike than their children, more dependent, more insecure, more afraid.
Yes there were parts that others will see as boring but it's how life is.  There are times when you are searching for direction and nothing much seems to be happening.  I guess i didn't get bored because I felt like I saw fragment of my reality in this drama. I will watch it again someday to savor the experience of the different temperatures of love.

Timbone
Quite surprised about the negative reviews but I guess it is to be expected. There is no makjang and it is hard to keep the average k drama fan interested when there is no hijinks
Full disclosure: I have been waiting 5 years to watch Seo Hyun Jin in a lead role since Mr Oh isComing( I probably will get that subbed myself)
Back to the story, a lot of retconned were used which I didn't exactly like but apart from that it was simply refreshing.
Kim Jae Wook is very popular from comments on the drama, but I am never a fan of a  daddy long legs character. His character took a bad turn but I guess that is realistic, humans are self-serving.
I loved how this story defined love: do you love the heart of the person? Do you love the person the way they are and dont try to change them?
Do you wait for your significant other or do you run to them?
I enjoyed how the hypocritical nature of humans was addressed. Humans are fickle, and that fickleness makes us perfectly flawed
On the second female lead's romance.. that was the usual fare and disappointing. It reminds me of stories in which an ugly girl has to be changed into a pretty girl by the male lead. An antithesis of the main couple. The Kazuya and Aya Omasa drama comes to mind... (Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge)
It is a story for grown-ups and quite laid back
 I liked how business and writing worlds were portrayed
There is no gift without strings attached.
If you want something different you will enjoy this
And the male lead striking resemblance to the actor from Tomorrow With you is shocking