Feel Good To Die

StarGirl 91
Dec 27, 2018
Arrogant males leads are not new to Kdramas, its the norm. What makes this drama so different from all the other dramas about arrogant male leads, is this lead is really trying to become a better person. The female lead is a strong and independent woman who cares for those around her. I love the leads and the journey that both of them take. This story is well written and the characters are well developed.
I highly recommend this series for anyone. Although, if you prefer dramas with a lot of romance and kissing this may not be for you.

Neel1902
Dec 26, 2018

Best Timely MESS EVER!

WOW!! Just WOW!! What a surreal feeling this drama gives you. I didn't want this to finish. I would like this to go on forever.

The drama started with a BANG!! (literally Bang with a gun), and after 4 episodes you will feel like what more they could show than this as time loops are created every time. But Man I was wrong. This show gave me more than what I anticipated for. I was swept away in this mess right from the start. It can be confusing at times, but once you get the flow of the drama, you get used to it.

Story is based on web-toon, but its unusual than typical time loop dramas. In many dramas time loop gives different results every time you do things differently. But in here, you have to do things differently to stop the time loop.
This story gives BEST character development ever as Baek Jin Sang in dramaland. You hate his bluntness and rudeness in the starting episodes. But before you could know it, he slowly crawls under your skin and become a part of yours. You feel for him as a person who he is and why he is like that. His struggle to change himself is just AMAZING. Kang Ji hwan is at his best in this comedic role after a long time. I could never imagine BJS performed by another actor. I rewatched his many scenes and dialogues in later eps.

Another breather of the drama is Lee Roo da. The Life-saver for BJS and his major change-maker. Roo da is bored by routine life, and she keeps to her own self without caring for other people's stuff. But Time loop changes her into Roo da who is cheerful, caring, and righteous person with no nonsense attitude. Jin hee is spotless and charismatic as Lee Roo da. She had one of the Best chemistry with KJH.
Though it's said romance is short or not up-to the grade. But I didn't feel it that way. The chemistry both leads have is beyond just being lovey-dovey to each other. It is more of bringing out the best in each other and doing everything possible for the other person.

Gong Myung is adorable as Kang Joon ho. But in all the time-loop thing, he felt like a support character rather than second ML. Though I dont mind it.
I liked the comedic timings and the interactions among characters.
The messages in this drama are given in a totally different perspective. They portrayed the work life problems in Funny but deep and subtle manner. That's the charm of this drama.

Loved the music. 10/10. Every OST, every b/g tone is just superb. Every song gives you the emotions for every scene. Comedic, romantic, sad, happy, frustated.. Music is just perfect.

Definitely a rewatch! Love you Baek Jin sang ^_^

Feel good to die was a surprise. It was funny and it pulled the fantasy theme off nicely. The time loop was just there to spice up the plot, but the main one, the office politics and comedy, were not influanced by it. The romance was weak though. And, towards the ending, they fell into the cliche trap, but at least it was entertaining. Also, the performances were really good, as well as the second lead syndrom (oh, the second lead again TT), though the love triangle wasn't so good. So, overall, it was an entertaining drama, even though the ending was weak. Seven out of ten.

New2KoreanD2021
Dec 28, 2018
Let's see how much I can praise this drama. I was so surprised by this drama, just astounded...I started this drama thinking it would just be a fun comedy but MAN IT IS SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT!! Everyone needs to watch this drama...EVERYONE! I did not want this drama to end and sadly it ended today.

STORY: It is just so cleverly written! You think it is going to go in one direction and then something happens which takes it completely in a new direction. You think to yourself, well how are the writers going to pull this off and THEN THEY DO! It was just brilliantly written! This is not your typical time loop drama...it just takes turns when it feels like it. Basically a time loop is created so that the female lead needs to find ways to save her horrible boss and in time make him a better person (trying not to give anything away) and this leads to countless funny scenes where I was rolling on the floor laughing. What I didn't expect from the story was HOW MUCH depth it has for it being a comedy. There is SO MUCH depth in the story and characters that it blew me away.

ACTING/CAST: Everything with the acting was FANTASTIC! The cast was perfectly chosen for this drama. I can't imagine anyone else cast as these characters. Of course the 2 characters and actors that stood out were Baek Jin Sang and Lee Roo Da. They both brought life to the drama. Baek Jin Sang as a character you just loathe in the beginning but his character growth throughout the drama just makes you fall in love with him. The actor who plays Baek Jin Sang is PERFECT in this role!

Lee Roo Da also shows character growth which I didn't see coming...The time loop not only is created to change Baek Jin Sang but it ends up changing everyone WHICH I THOUGHT WAS BRILLIANT! Lee Roo Da is a strong female role which I love in a drama and again the actress who plays her, I could not see anyone else in the role.

MUSIC: The music lent itself to the comedic aspect of the drama with it being over the top and being played at good times during a scene. It definitely is memorable!

REWATCH VALUE: I will 100% rewatch this!

OVERALL: I can't say enough good things about this drama. It has topics in it that need to be talked about, it has amazing character development and acting and IT IS JUST HILARIOUS!! It is a comedic show with A LOT of depth and insight into what it means to be a good person. It is one of my top dramas of this year FOR SURE!

Lawyerh
Dec 29, 2018
The drama probably start slow in the beginning and some can get bored with the repeated time loop and too much office politics. But for me initially i watched it for pure comedy. Then it really start to get to me and i was really hooked up by the show. The character progress is trully amazing, one of the best that i could remember since binged watching Kdrama from young time. The romance is slowly build but it is the most realistic as well, and the couple definetely have best chemistry for me. The choice of the BGM in the show is trully hillarious at times, therefore i give it full marks as well. The show will remained special for me and i surely will remember it for long time. Thanks for the actors / actresses / production house. I hope the low ratings didnt discouraged them. Its my first time ever write review here. I hope it could be useful.

saraoski13
So, I am really new to the Kdrama universe, and this is the best work I have seen so far and my first 10/10. Note: I am currently rewatching the series again after binge-watching it the first time in 3 days, I literally devoured it. A must watch series, indeed.

Story: Amazingly orchestrated, there is no doubt that the writer has done a phenomenal job. I have seen a lot of plots regarding day repeating itself, but this one was breathtaking and original to my -so far- knowledge about that kind of plot. As the series advances, all the characters show growth and change. The fact that nothing is cliche about the story made me so amused while watching, I didn't know what to expect.
This is the first Kdrama, that I keep watching without reading spoilers about the ending. I was able to not get lost in the day-repeating-itself theme. The comedy was so natural and the fact that the focus was not mainly on the romance and no lovey-dovey sort of writing, was even a bigger thriller to my taste. It was more about humans and their interactions with each other, how they learn from their mistakes and flourish. I cried, laughed, got angry and frustrated and felt humiliated as the characters experienced through the progress of episodes.
There were many real-life issues related to workplace discussed in this series such as working mothers, harassment and bullying by upper management, how contract workers are treated, and workers rights.
This is a perfect plot for my brain to enjoy.

Actors: I am in love with the whole cast, each and every single one of them contributed a little bit to give this masterpiece of art. I loved those who were kind as much as I loved those who were evil.

I am obsessed with Kang Ji Hwan, I have been watching his series like crazy the past month since I started watching Kdramas and this by far is his best role ever. The fine-tuning of his acting, nothing overboard or lacking, the way he delivers the character while it learns and grows was breathtaking, I enjoy every scene he appears and long for the next.
First time watching her, Baek Jin Hee is a genius, and natural to the point that I felt like watching reality and not acting. I loved her scene with both male leads, it was so harmonious. I loved how she showed the strength of a female character while being feminine, perfect balance. I think I will watch many other works to this lady as she made me gasp in awe.
Gong Myung was very good at playing his part, I loved his sweet character and his interaction with his grandfather in the series.
The rest of the cast, I enjoyed and never skipped a second of the show focusing on their acting.

Music: Beautiful and uplifting, I spent a few days after the who playing it in my head.

Rewatch value: I am rewatching it at the time being, but this second time is to actually study and inhale all the small details that I missed during the first time and I believe I will be watching this drama several times during my lifetime.

Overall: Don't miss this show and enjoy it to the max, you will not waste the 16 hours spent on this drama. Watch it now!

Olivia Hye
Jan 6, 2019
Time loop is not something you often see in drama which makes this one very special. The drama takes a while to get you interested, due to the male lead's arrogance and lack of screen time but the wait is absolutely worth it.

Acting:
Kang Ji Hwan's (Baek Jin Sang) acting is something I wish to see more of now. His performance was spectacular and he suited his role very well. Sure he didn't get to shine in the first few episodes but the further you watch, you can't stop wanting to see more of him. To put it simply, the character development of his character was done amazingly. One of the best I've seen in 2018 honestly. Baek Jin Hee also did a great job in acting but nothing really stood out for me.

Now music is very subjective so I will just say this: The songs played perfectly fit the mood of scenes and highlighted when characters were going to do something amazing. It gave me the chills feeling which is what music in drama should be like in my opinion, (not if it sounds good or not).

Overall:
I think this drama has one of the best character development for an arrogant character I've seen. I think this drama has a slow start but its totally worth the wait. Although this drama has a romance tag there wasn't much lovely dovey moments between the leads.. which is why I can't give it a perfect 10.

chalbarczyk
Dec 28, 2018
There are so many different versions of the plot because of time loops that I stopped counting them.

Baek Jin Hee is undoubtedly the QUEEN of the drama and fits her role like no other. I was laughing every time, when I saw her face and her look, she was so funny! The handsome actors also did the great job, especially the evil one, In Gyo Jin.

It’s a light, nice and funny drama but in the meantime we have some issue of company, employment, workers, dreams and desires. And, yes, the main idea is the justice in work.

The music is fantastic and energetic.

Watching this you will be dragged into the time loop, so you may watch the drama many times. Enjoy!

Orechama
Dec 30, 2018
"You can't go back in time(or do you? lol), so don't do something you'll regret later."
I didn't expect to enjoy a drama as much as this one!!!!
surely this one easily knocked out all of the ones in my list and became my FAVORITE!
I'm currently really having a bad time that it ended, it's that good :')

I really don't know where to start to describe how good and well made this drama is, I literally got hooked from the first opening scene they started with some gang shit you will see how crazy this thing you signed up for is lol, it's not only hilarious and fun to watch but it also hits you right in the kokoro with how much feels it have, the most likable characters ever, a working mom, a father who barely could see his family and a hard working people that we all lived their stories or at least could relate to. I loved each and everyone, specially the mains oh god, you know how overused is the "arrogant" Ml type is but what made Baek hin sang different that he's the most adorable human being, and I laughed so hard at how clueless he is sometimes, also damn the character development he had is just the greatest!

other thing that I liked is the female lead and how independent and strong she is, I feel like "Baek Jin Hae" has became the new voice of women in k-dramas!! she always kick ass with her strong characters, man I just adore her, and in general I really liked how they portrayed a lot of successful women and how they struggle as women in work and life, it's really refreshing I've never seen a drama before that talks about these struggles of how they treat genders differently or that one get payed less, and alot other more stuff that its good to be touched upon, they even talked about dads rights in companies and couple stuff I was really surprised about.

the time loop thing started very unexpectedly it was hilarious then the more progress you will reveal some really deep meaning shit, as I said this isn't only a good show but it actually has some deep messages, it has much more depth and meanings than throwing a love story in an office environment, it actually introduced me to different types of people that I might met or never met before I found myself empathizing even with the bad guys because they taught us about their stories and where they're coming from.

so this show was a total roller coaster of laughing so hard and crying so hard, and I definitely recommend you to take this journey yourself!!

mobosies
This drama will keep you guessing until the end! So much funny, a little bit disturbing, lots of cuteness, SO many Unexpected happenings! This drama was very entertaining.

My only complaint~ I didn't like the romance. Well, to be more accurate, My guy didn't end up as happy as I wanted him to be.. but I still must applaud the writers, I think they did a bang up job~ (full disclosure, I watched the last three episodes in 50 minutes, very proud of that feat..)

One thing that shocked me about this drama was the malevolence. To wish someone death is very extreme in my opinion, and yet this drama seems to be full of that *awkward laugh*.

The cast was so good! Everyone played their parts well; hated the bad guys, got annoyed with the fence guys, loved the cuties. I am a big fan of the first and second male leads; Everything they do is amazing in my opinion, this was no exception.

The music was also amazing, I LOOOved all of it, and will probably be adding it to my library.

The closer I got to the end the higher my eyebrow raised, and the bigger my eyes got. I was wondering how on earth anything was going to work out in the end, but with an amazing rebound EVERYTHING became clear. Ugly characters received grace and understanding, pitiful characters got some nuts, everything slid into place beautifully and I was a very happy camper by the end of it.

MistyMaid
FIRST IMPRESSIONS: I really didn't want to watch this drama and judged the quality of the drama by its' cover, quite literally. I looked at the cover art for the show and immediately swiped left. There is no denying the veteran experience Kang Ji Hwan holds. He's one of the few actors who survived and endured the changing times of Dramaland during the early romantic comedy age in the early 2000s. I noticed that it's hard for actors who held male leads and popular during the early 2000s to hold onto their household celebrity notoriety and continue to be relevant and recognized in the industry today. One such actor that endured and managed to continue to stay relevant is Gong Yoo (at least more or less). Does anybody remember Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy (really weird drama name by the way)? That was the drama that launched Gong Yoo's fame to stardom. Or Lee Byung Hun? Although, he's reached far beyond Korean Drama stardom now and exploded into global stardom.

Anyways, my point is, Kang Ji Hwan has struggled a bit trying to keep his name relevant in the eyes of the audience. One of my reasons for not wanting to watch this drama is because of Kang Ji Hwan. And when judging the drama by its cover art, I thought it was going to be another stupid-romantic-comedy-antic-trope-type of show. Just full of cliches and typical stereotype situations and characters. But I was very bored one day and gave this show a chance and see what it was all about. And, I'm glad I did!

STORY: It's not unusual now to see dramas with some element of the fantasy/supernatural. It creates for a more interesting story, setting, and development of characters, but only when utilized in the right way at the right time. One example is, Black Knight. It had a good set up in it's world building when it came to its fantasy element but the writer seemed to have a hard time meshing the two worlds together (or maybe didn't want to) and continue to keep them separated almost the entire drama until the very end (really annoying). Feel Good To Die had a nice little supernatural element to it where it wasn't too much or too little. It was just the right amount of supernatural shenanigans to create fun chaos and a little push for our characters to spring into action with overdoing it.

While watching the first few episodes, I was worried that the show would turn out be without ANY romance it and be a slice-of-life, comedy, etc. focused drama, for example, Miseang, Angry Mom, Memory, etc. Granted, those dramas did have romance in it but it was more like a splash of romantic antics and was more like a side dish than the main one. I'm a sucker for romance and enjoy a few angsty scenes, haha, but was worried I would be wasting my time. Luckily, I was not disappointed in my desire for romance. It's not the main genre but it co-eds with another genre to create a lovely mix of rom-com life slice. As the drama goes on, you will see a good mix and weaving of comedic scenes, slice of life moments, and romantic pauses. The story definitely develops nicely towards the end but the ending itself probably could've used a little more nuanced touch, but nothings perfect.

Although, one complaint I had was that some of the main/side antagonist characters were a little overdone or completely unnecessary and simply existed for a momentary arc that didn't really push the story forward. But the little gem factor of this drama are the progression of the characters and how they develop and change over time. Especially the main male lead. At first, he's a pompous douche-bag that doesn't really care about anyone except himself and always pushes blame on others and views himself as near perfect when it comes to his work ethic. Often berating his underlings for their lack of effort and not satisfying his ridiculously high standards

ACTING/CAST: The cast did a good job bringing their characters to life and creating a fun synergy among one another. Baek Jin Hee really brought a helpful and optimistic Lee Roo Da to the table, but without being overly cheerful and peppy, if you know what I mean. You have no idea how many times I've seen a super happy, smile and grit, endure through the pain kind of female characters I've seen, only to cringe through it all. Baek Jin Hee's Lee Roo Da is a good example of a strong female lead. And by strong female lead, I don't mean willfully strong 'I-can-endure-and-bear-through-anything', I mean someone who thinks for themselves and takes matters into their own hands no matter what the male lead character or any character does or says. Doesn't just endure through it but does something about it.

Kang Ji Hwan: As mentioned before, he's one of the male actors from the early 2000s drama-times that has survived through all the changes that Dramaland has been through and still stay relevant. Unfortunately, one of the reasons why I didn't want to watch this drama was because of Kang Ji Hwan. If you've watched his previous dramas, you may notice that Ji Hwan had this acting tick that consistently showed through in almost every one of his dramas. He had this head jerk-swaying motion that he always did through intense and/or poignant scenes. I think this is just something that came naturally to him while acting, but it eventually becomes off putting (at least for me) when you see it all the time. He also wasn't the greatest with being nuanced and subtle in scenes that called for it to create a particular kind of moment. He can sometimes over exaggerate his acting as well so when watching this, I was expecting to see some of that when it came to Kang Ji Hwan's character Baek Jin Sang. I am happy to say though that I'm pleasantly surprised by Ji Hwan's efforts in keeping his head jerk-swaying motions at a minimum to portray Baek Jin Sang the way he wanted to. It still comes out every now and then but he's made great strides in controlling it compared to the past. His portrayal of Baek Jin Sang is also very refreshing. Ji Hwan has showed his hard work in delivering a character we never knew he could play and with such subtlety and dynamic nuances as Baek Jin Sang goes on this moral and social transformation. It wasn't perfect but definitely a great first step in improvement. I'm so happy for him!

MUSIC: No complaints. I'm not someone to pick on music unless it's really horrible or amazing.

OVERALL: This drama is about a two people's unlikely partnership to become better people in their own respective ways. Because of the mysterious time loops, they are thrown in some funny and silly situations but as time goes on, they also learn more about the people around them and, more importantly, learn more about themselves and who they want to become. The weird antics of time loops push Lee Roo Da and Baek Jin Sang into weird, wacky, vulnerable and heartwarming moments of life and what they decide to do in those moments.

WHO SHOULD WATCH THIS? This is a drama that mixes several genres together to create a nice blended, feel-good-about-humanity drama with a nice layer of dusted romance on top. Not super gushy but has it's cute moments. :)

Riko
Jan 7, 2019
I wouldn’t say it’s a good drama, nor a fun one cause I think the story was not well written and the comedy was not on point.
BUT the evolution of the main guy is absolutely amazing, his character development, his sensibility , his honesty and humanity is so beautiful and raw.
The female lead is pretty good too at playing the girl who’s very empathetic. And their relationship is well brought on screen even though i found it a little too speeded up and twisted just to make it work at the end and also it’s not a romance drama so it’s not the main story.
The problem is, the main story is the most boring thing. Thank god i had the « pass 15 sec » button cause the characters were so blend and so was the story.
So... I recommend only the male lead screen time on this drama.