3 Nen A Gumi: Ima kara Mina-san wa, Hitojichi Desu (2019) poster

Ackery
Mar 14, 2019
SPOILER FREE: This is a must for suspense/psychological drama lovers. The plot is quite intriguing and the acting was really good. Masaki Suda was amazing (again) and the plot is full of twists that keeps the viewer on the edge. This series was highly entertaining and it was easy to watch. The death of Reina is a mystery to all and the viewers try to understand what will happen next. It wasn't perfect, but it was still powerful.

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
From the beginning, this series shows the effect that social media have on our society. The drama gives us, each episode, a new clue about the main case and as viewers we try to uncover the crime/suicide of Kageyama Reina. The truth is slowly revealed and as a person who watched the show I expected a great conspiracy or something even if the actual reason is something that is shown -one way or another- in the first episodes.
This show was a message to everyone in a society that can't live without social media. Almost everyone has one account -or more- on sm and it takes away a part of our lives.

The ending was brilliantly filmed as Hiiragi talks on the camera, about who the real killers are pointing to everyone who is watching the series and therefore uses social media. A harmful word -intentional or not- can cause great damage to someone even if that person doesn't know us personally. The anonymity of social media gives everyone the opportunity to give their opinion no matter how harmful that can be. I loved the comments that Hiiragi received while he exposed the truth, as it was the most realistic reaction that could happen. It is not only that some can't accept the truth, but the most terrifying thing is the ones who don't understand that they did something wrong. It was great to show that the purpose wasn't to stop what we call cyber bullying, but being able to change even one person. As someone said if we want to change the world, first we must change ourselves.

To everyone who watched this - including myself - this is a great opportunity to double check before posting anything and thinking before talking, because our words can really be the knife on someone's hand.

Allison
Jun 6, 2019
This drama had been in the back of my mind for a while now. I kept meaning to watch it but never really got around to it until now. And gosh, I’m so glad I finally watched it. It’s not often that a show strikes me enough to make me write a review for it, but this one definitely did.

The plot was what first caught my attention. It seemed like it was going to be quite suspenseful and this drama definitely did not disappoint. From episode one, I was invested! And with each episode and each little tidbit of information we got, it just got better and better. It was a lot less predictable when I normally expect from dramas. I never really knew what to expect next. And that ending! I loved it!

The acting was also really good, in my opinion! I really sympathized with all of the students and the actors playing these characters were very good expressing their deep and often complex emotions. I think all of the major actors and even several of the more minor ones did a truly amazing job throughout!

But I think what I liked the most about this drama was the lessons Bookie was trying to teach everyone. He wanted to teach his students the impact our words have on others and the importance of kindness. He wanted to teach them and other social media users that the things we say when we can hide behind a screen still hurt. They are still directed at a real person and those words are knives a lot of them. The lesson of thinking before you post something and really researching something and confirming it’s true before jumping to conclusions was such an important one, I think. Especially in today’s world because each and everyone of us uses social media and we have all encountered some sort of negativity throughout our time using it.

I think it also reminds us of the harmfulness of “cancel culture” which has become so prevalent recently. Everyone jumping to a conclusion without the full truth is what inevitable hurt Reina so terribly. And we do that in our real lives, too. It reminds us to get the whole picture first. And the scenario with Takechi also reminds us to give people a chance to grow. If we immediately “cancel” someone without giving them the chance to learn from their mistakes, they never will. Nothing is solved that way.

So, I really loved this drama and the commentary it gave on today’s society. I think it’s a must watch for suspense lovers! And I think the commentary is something important for all of us to hear.

DiosaUnica96
Mar 12, 2019
What an amazing drama, totally my style... I don't think I ever watched something that made me rewatch it after 2 minutes after the end... I watched ep 1 already 5 times... and I'm the type of persone who HATE rewatch thing, I get bored so easily... but this drama was different. It was so deep, sometimes crazy, but deep.
Hiiragi sensei is an amazing character, my fav of all time. Such a deep character.
Loved the story, you need to rewatch this drama to really understand it, and to see all hints!!!
Love the cast, these young actors/actress will be great in future roles. Finally some new good faces.
Masaki Suda was a monster... they choose one of the most brilliant j-actors.... such a versatile actor. In the last episodes he was outstanding. He need to win an award for this drama, no this drama need to win a lot of awards.
Loved the music <3 This played such a big part in this drama. And loved the ending <3
Rewatch value 10/10 of course.

hideyourheart
Mar 20, 2019
Please Note: I am VERY easy to please when it comes to dramas. I get googly eyed over everything.

THIS IS A DARK DRAMA!
There's suspense, mystery and everything. This was very interesting and enjoyable to watch and I binged it in two days? It keeps you on the edge of your seat and all you do is hope for the best for all of these students. Suda Masaki is too talented, honestly, I felt immensely in awe of him every scene he had.

The story really packs a punch, so ready yourself before clicking play. It will make you think.

Review Notice: Reviews written by me contains only my thoughts and views on the drama and in no way reflects or intends to push my opinions on anyone else. I love differences in opinions and support both negative and positive opinions on all dramas/movies/etc.

Mar 12, 2019
3 Nen A Kumi: Ima kara Mina-san wa, Hitojichi Desu is a roller coaster. Nothing is what it seems in this drama. The only thing that was concistant is Suda Masaki's performance. I never singled him out before as an actor, but in this one he trully proved to be a great actor. It seemed like he even lost weight for this role. The rest of the cast were good as well.
Now, for the story: it was fast paced and full of twists, sespence and action scenes. However, some scenes were repeated towards the ending. And the story reminded me of the anime assassination classroom for the first episodes. But, overall it was quite a thrill and with powerfull performances.

josephine
Mar 23, 2019
3 Nen A Kumi: wow it blew my mind!
As a fan of suspense drama's i was quickly hooked on this and binge watched it in 1 day. The story was deep and filled with twists. You could hate some characters at the beginning of episodes and totally feel different about them towards the end. It was a beautiful drama with a messages also relatable to todays society!
Of course it is still a Japanese drama ( so some characters can 'act' a bit over the top) but that has never bothered me and i think the acting fitted this drama and made it even more touching. Especially Suda Masaki's acting was Top-notch!
If you wanna watch a beautiful, emotional and deep story about the influence of others on each other's lives, i highly recommend this drama!

David Vincent
Mar 23, 2019
If you are Social Media User, I would like to recommend this film for you. This is the greatest life lesson you can get.
This is a MUST film that you need to watch.

Spoiler Alert!!
Such a plot twist, the reason of Kageyama's incident. At first I thou it is really the end after he got the culprit, but whose can predict that the ending is like that?? Great Twist~
And how can he put all the bombs at the school without being noticed by everyone?? hahaha. This is great!

What I like about this film is, the story, the timeline, the cast, and every plot twist at each episode. Also my favorite Kawaei Rina <3

aisyhq
Sep 7, 2019
This show is definitely topping my list of the best dramas in 2019. I'm so intrigued, it is beautifully written, it has a team of splendid casts and drama crews etc. I found that Hiiragi's ways to teach his students some lessons are interesting! The first episode—nah the first 15 minutes already blew my mind away, like hey, what a psychotic ass teacher but sometimes I think the students deserve it lol.

Masaki Suda is so fine, like he is one of the best actors in his generation. An excellent performance by him is expected! He pulled of Hiiragi's character very well. As usual Japan dramas actors (even minor acts) do a great job to make the drama alive.

I will totally highly recommend it!

XingBack
Jul 1, 2019
it was nice that they give most of the students a backstory, though I felt like they were weak.. but the overall performance, plus that last message were really perfect...
I especially liked the "realness" of how the students reacted and the psychological aspects, they didn't just hate or like him, they had real raw emotions? their anger and desperation were so amazing, I don't think I've seen anything like that in dramaworld...

I keep changing the rating between 9 and 9.5, if I rate the overall process and plot it'd be 8, but then if it was just the last ep, and those emotions I'd rate it a 10..

my rewatch values are either a 1 or a 10 ;)

Smeraldo
Jul 8, 2019
I just finished this drama and all I can say is that this drama is definitely one of my top favorite dramas. The acting and the script is not overdone, yet it feels so powerful. The drama has a sense of thrill and there are very interesting twists that will keep you interested throughout the 10 episodes. Unlike many other dramas, this series allows the audience to get to know many of the characters even if they are playing a minor role.
I am not great at writing these long reviews, but I really recommend this drama to everyone.
Tel
Mar 13, 2019
A must watch J-Drama for suspense drama lovers. A home room teacher who takes his students as hostages to uncover the truth behind the suicide of one his students - this situation is the main theme of the drama. He makes each of his student realise their part in Raeina's death.

Was it really a suicide or was it a murder? Our homeroom teacher Hiragi managed to keep us on our toes from start to finish. Suda Masaki portrayed Hiragi Ibuki very realistically. Not a boring moment in this drama. This drama also shows the importance of social media and addresses the issue of cyber bullying which is very relevant in today's society.

The characters I liked the best are - The some what narcissistic Takechi Sensei, detectives Gunji, Miyagi, Igarashi, Students Hayato(played by Ryota of Generations from Exile tribe), Usami, Ishikura, Hana, Satomi, Sakura etc... Ryota deserves a special mention because even though he is from JPop industry, he was not self conscious and played Hayato pretty naturally and beautifully.

I would have wanted a different ending but then again the ending the writer chose is also a good one. Music is cool and suits the mood of this drama.

Bookmark it and watch this on your free time, you won't regret it - especially suspense drama lovers!

Spydy
Mar 19, 2019

Flawed drama with good premise

I watched a lot of drama, I tend to dislike overacting drama maybe that's why my rating was so low. Anyway, here's the good and bad.

The good:
+ Great build up of the story, you won't feel bored watching and keep wanting to watch more.
+ Great premise
+ Music was good. Help to build the suspense
+ Great lineup of actors and actresses

The bad
- Overacting. TOO MUCH. Esp Suda Masaki and Ryota.
- Everyone character just too... stupid??? Esp those cops and most of the students?
- Cliche, The main character teaches their student to think before they behave; BUT he also accuses someone without proof. Hypocrite?
- Predictable ending
- SUPER cheesy. Let's think? LOL
- Repeated scene and storyline towards the end.

Overall, a good addition to winter drama, but definitely with some flaws