uggboot1y wrote: I can't get past the first episode of this, but it is purely because of the poor copy I have - parts of scenes are missing, the sound keeps fading and the subtitles come up after the person finishes speaking and the next person starts... really frustrating. Although I am leaving it for now, I will be trying to find a better copy and give it another go.

that's why i stream my dramas and animes
This is the only taiwaese drama in my to watch list i guess based on above comments I will like it !!
I watched it a few years ago and I loved it! But I think that if I were to watch it now, I wouldn't like it as much.
It's a drama more suitable for young teens.
I watched it but it was not something I would watch again. It was okay for me, so I said YES, but for me this series was just MEH.
well i gave it a go but only made it to ep 8 i dont know i just lost interest despite the eye candy on offer :p
I started watching this two years ago and made it to episode 12 - after a couple of months to episode 15 and there
I stopped - I am just continuing - and hopefully finishing it- since I don't want to drop it nor let it be on my on-hold list forever.

I lost my interest after Rainie and Mike got together and the little "disturbances" happened - we can't be together, yes we can, we can't... and the side plots - so many unnecessary stories about unrelated people. Why do we have to watch the love chase of a teacher for his woman? Although these are quite boring, it's fine with me, but what bothers me the most are the endless talks of showing affection and how love changes who we are, though it might be true, it's way too cutey for my taste.

That might sound pretty awful, but it's not that bad actually - Mike He is pretty hot and I don't mind Rainie Yang - I even liked her in Meteor Garden.
Plus, it's so unbelievably ridiculous at times.

In my drama-life I've seen a lot, but never a boyfriend fighting for his girlfriend...

against the father with a sword.
Nikki wrote: I started watching this two years ago and made it to episode 12 - after a couple of months to episode 15 and there
I stopped - I am just continuing - and hopefully finishing it- since I don't want to drop it nor let it be on my on-hold list forever.

I lost my interest after Rainie and Mike got together and the little "disturbances" happened - we can't be together, yes we can, we can't... and the side plots - so many unnecessary stories about unrelated people. Why do we have to watch the love chase of a teacher for his woman? Although these are quite boring, it's fine with me, but what bothers me the most are the endless talks of showing affection and how love changes who we are, though it might be true, it's way too cutey for my taste.

That might sound pretty awful, but it's not that bad actually - Mike He is pretty hot and I don't mind Rainie Yang - I even liked her in Meteor Garden.
Plus, it's so unbelievably ridiculous at times.

In my drama-life I've seen a lot, but never a boyfriend fighting for his girlfriend...

against the father with a sword.

lol yeah that happened to me too, the drama gets really boring like from episode 10 to 16 or something like that, I don't remember quite well. But I loved the last episodes, it is one of my favorite endings ever. And yeah I remembered I laughed really hard at the father/mike fight! xDDD
beca256 wrote: lol yeah that happened to me too, the drama gets really boring like from episode 10 to 16 or something like that, I don't remember quite well. But I loved the last episodes, it is one of my favorite endings ever. And yeah I remembered I laughed really hard at the father/mike fight! xDDD

I agree with you, the ending is sweet. :)
Buuut.... I am speechless. Did I just see our two, fluffy, lollipop-sweet, cutey-pie teenagers sleep with each other?

Haha, the second round of the father contest was also quite thrilling (drinking contest), but not as good as the sword fighting. It was the second lead, though. :)
Nikki wrote: I agree with you, the ending is sweet. :)
Buuut.... I am speechless. Did I just see our two, fluffy, lollipop-sweet, cutey-pie teenagers sleep with each other?

Haha, the second round of the father contest was also quite thrilling (drinking contest), but not as good as the sword fighting. It was the second lead, though. :)

Lol I was shocked too, but then........ they're both adults over 18 and it is a Taiwanese drama, not Japanese or Korean. In fact that was my first Taiwanese drama, but now that I think about it, in almost every TwDrama that I've watched the main couple sleep together before getting married.... O.o
beca256 wrote: Lol I was shocked too, but then........ they're both adults over 18 and it is a Taiwanese drama, not Japanese or Korean. In fact that was my first Taiwanese drama, but now that I think about it, in almost every TwDrama that I've watched the main couple sleep together before getting married.... O.o

I am not against it by any means, I rather find it recommendable. In many other dramas everything after a kiss is treated as a big taboo, which I find disturbing. It gives of the wrong impression to young girls/men.
But hey, I didn't expect that to happen in a drama where they were talking about coupledom-happiness and fluffy couple shirts for the last three episodes.
Nikki wrote: I am not against it by any means, I rather find it recommendable. In many other dramas everything after a kiss is treated as a big taboo, which I find disturbing. It gives of the wrong impression to young girls/men.
But hey, I didn't expect that to happen in a drama where they were talking about coupledom-happiness and fluffy couple shirts for the last three episodes.

lol yeah I couldn't quite believe it! I thought they were only trying to confuse me and getting me to think that were doing it when instead they were doing something completely different, but no, they WERE doing it. Lol now that I think about it that happened with Material Queen too. I was like.....I'm misunderstanding this, they can't be doing what I'm thinking they're doing..... xD
beca256 wrote: lol yeah I couldn't quite believe it! I thought they were only trying to confuse me and getting me to think that were doing it when instead they were doing something completely different, but no, they WERE doing it. Lol now that I think about it that happened with Material Queen too. I was like.....I'm misunderstanding this, they can't be doing what I'm thinking they're doing..... xD

Right, I thought they were making jokes and then the lights went out. But what I find interesting is that after the fun they are getting either fully dressed or putting on their underwear to sleep. It was the same with ISWAK. And the next morning the girl gets all fluffy because the boy should, never, ever see her without all her clothes and just in underwear! No! Rofl
Nikki wrote: Right, I thought they were making jokes and then the lights went out. But what I find interesting is that after the fun they are getting either fully dressed or putting on their underwear to sleep. It was the same with ISWAK. And the next morning the girl gets all fluffy because the boy should, never, ever see her without all her clothes and just in underwear! No! Rofl

lol but I guess that is in fact part of the culture. Like with Japanese movies, the way they deal with sex totally shocked me at first because it was so different from here.
beca256 wrote: lol but I guess that is in fact part of the culture. Like with Japanese movies, the way they deal with sex totally shocked me at first because it was so different from here.

True, true, true. The Japanese way of dealing with sex seems to be to omit it altogether. But I think among Asian dramas Japanese are the most innocent, while Taiwanese are the most pro-bodycontact ones.

Anyway, I am happy I am through wit Devil Beside You. I think the beginning was prickling - Mike He is hot, but the rest it's all written above. So now I only have to finish Why, Why Love which basically has the same story. (But maybe I also get a bed scene?)
Nikki wrote: True, true, true. The Japanese way of dealing with sex seems to be to omit it altogether. But I think among Asian dramas Japanese are the most innocent, while Taiwanese are the most pro-bodycontact ones.

Anyway, I am happy I am through wit Devil Beside You. I think the beginning was prickling - Mike He is hot, but the rest it's all written above. So now I only have to finish Why, Why Love which basically has the same story. (But maybe I also get a bed scene?)

I liked Why Why Love more, I thought it was funnier and less dramatic. But yeah, the characters are basically the same.... And actually I don't remember if it has a bed scene or not, I watched it a long time ago, I just remember a drunken bed scene.
And I think that the Japanese dramas and specially movies are the most sexist of all, in which if the guy wants to have sex, he just does it without asking the firl, or kissing her. At least in the TwDramas they use it romantically