Guys can you convince me to watch this one. I know it has a lot of good reviews but after watching 3 episodes it really didn't get me.. 

Right now I'm dying to find historical dramas because I think I watched all the great one. And NIV2 was the only one that I watch right now.

Series that I've already watch.

1. NIV

2. Journey of the flower

3. The disguiser

4. THe princess agent

5. Battle of Changsha

6. The lady and the liar

7.Princess Wei Young-Dropped

8. The legend of Lu Zhen -Dropped

9. Go princess go!-dropped

Most of the new historical dramas has no effect to me .. :(

I really liked Eternal Love (10 Miles of Peach Blossoms), but as i recall it took me about 10 episodes to decide i liked it, and i didn't LOVE it until about 1/3 of the way through.  I recommend it, its one of my favourite dramas of the year

You will be rewarded with your patience. 

I kept dropping it because I wasn't enjoying the main couple, and then picking it back up because it's so popular / frequently recommended that I wanted to give it another chance. I got through 47 episodes before dropping it for good. It's not for everyone, even if you like the genre. 

Although I will say that the more romantic parts of the story pick up quite a bit later.

Not really bad for C-drama.... as for me i like re-watching due to the actor & actress really got chemistry in acting.....

Ten miles of peach bloosoms took me about 10 episodes to get into, like @Naksken for the same reason. I totally like Mark chao as the sage teacher Zhao Ge and the disguised Siyin. But there is something about mark chao as Crown Prince Black Dragon Yehua that just screams and pulls you to the screen, same with how Yang Mi is just awesome as Su su and Bai chen.

If after youve watched him as Yehua for about 2 episodes, and you still did not get sucked in, then I think this drama is just not for you. It happens.

...And ohmy we almost have the same watched list and what i watched and what i dropped. Except for Go Princess Go, which for all the slapsticks and ohmygawd whats happening plot, it totally held me in to the end. I love the female lead so much. 

Lastly, other historical drama to check out: Prince of Lanling, Bu Bu Jingxin, Sparrow, Return of the condor Heroes (2006).... and i've read that All Quiet in peking is quite good.

Try to be a little more patient.It will get really better,I swear normally I dont watch that kind of genre but I got hooked after the initial confusion of too many characters.

Read for short discussion: 

If you are patient, you will be rewarded. If not, skim through the episodes. I do that when I have no time to read boring and pointless conversations in dramas. Also, don't read reviews, just watch it. I've learned to let dramas catch me off guard because me reading reviews and etc makes me have expectations, only to be disappointed.  But if you are patient, you will be rewarded. 

Read for long discussion:

I only picked it up because at the time I was not really into Chinese Dramas and I had nothing to watch. I have a sister in law who rarely watches drama in general to begin with and so I was not really digging what she was talking about when she mentioned TMOPB.  But because I had nothing to watch I picked it up randomly and just started watching out of pure boredom.  

At first, to me, it was really stupid because the last time I saw a Chinese fantasy was like... when I was a kid and the dramas were horribly dubbed in my native language.  So here I am being stupidly entertained by somewhat bad graphics compared to what I've seen so far and then I learned that Chinese fantasy dramas have always been like this, and found that TMOPB graphics were actually pretty good compared to other ones. Chinese imagination is much more creative and obviously not funded enough.

To begin, I was not too emotionally invested because I really didn't care. I just chose it as one of those dramas to fill in while I wait for other dramas to air their next episodes. I simply watched to entertain myself even if it was a little bit. I mean it wasn't so boring to the point where I completely gave up on it.  My niece who was recently introduced to Asian drama by me began watching with me and it was entertaining for me to answer her questions and explain the story and culture to her because she's still young and learning her relational skills for the future *cough cough. Eventually, by the time we got towards 2/3 of the drama we were completely emotionally invested in the drama. My niece and I at one point got upset at each other for watching it without the other.

What do you know? I was completely mesmerized  by the characters and the actors who played them. I mean of course there were many unnecessary characters and long story line and I hated how the romance was slow but if you are patient you will be rewarded. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna go rewatch my favorite scenes. 

In a very quick way to summarize this...if you can get past the first 20 eps, you can also watch until episode 35 and if you are tired of how slow the story is and just want it to speed up, I recommend watching the movie version. Its like a summary of the last 20 or so eps. Helped me realize I would have been bored out of my mind watching it until the end. 

OK. I DONT KNOW WHY YOU DROPPED PRINCESS GO BECAUSE THATS LIKE A GOOD BINGE DRAMA, but nonetheless have you tried General and I? It’s a good drama, only a little draggy in the middle but it’s still the best as the female lead is not an idiot and knows what she’s doing. 

Historical dramas kind of repeats as it’s always a main females fighting in courts to win a man’s heart, especially the King.  If you’re having a hard time investing in long 45 mins in historical dramas that goes up to 40+ ep then I suggest you go back to modern dramas. It’ll be a good break and actually help you go back. 

How could you have dropped so many good ones?  (-_-;)

I thought it was okay at first, then I became more and more bored with it. I considered dropping it but then I got interested in the second lead couple. I watched it a while longer for them, but it felt sort of pointless to watch something when I didn't care about the main story so I dropped it. 

So... as with every drama, opinions differ. I know that my opinion is a so called unpopular one, but popular only means most people, so no one can really tell you if you are going to like a drama or not!

Eternal Love's first several episodes aren't that good of an indication of what the show is about. It's more of a set-up to the show so you understand things, the factions, the important characters in preparation of meeting the main character and getting into the meat/body of the show.

It's a long show and it's really angsty. Love, love lost, love regained. The male lead is a little stiff, the female lead is stubborn and loyal and confident and unwilling to compromise. 

IDK it's up to you. I think it gets a little too much hype but if you like romance then I would give it a try and struggle (or even skip) until you meet the main male lead character, see the interactions between him and the female lead. And see the secondary couple which is another stiff man (even older though) and a young woman who chases after him, never giving up.

I think at that point you can make a final decision of whether or not it's for you and if you will continue. 

looking at your dramas listed above, the only one that is remotely similar to TMOPB is Journey of Flower, which I didn't enjoy despite my love for Zhao Liying and Wallace Huo. 

I also loved Nirvana in Fire and Battle of Changsha and Disguiser (altho I have diguiser on-hold it's because the chinese is too hard for me so I'm trying to wait until I have time to focus 100% on it since I hate using engsubs). 

Princess Agents and Princess Weiyoung were both entertaining for me but I did not LOVE them as much as I did with TMOPB, NIF, BOC. 

Judging simply by comparison in drama tastes, I guess I wouldn't recommend you watching TMOPB haha

I don't like watching dramas that are strongly focused on romance, but TMOPB is probably the only romance drama aside from DOTS that I was really addicted and truly enjoyed. It did take a couple of episodes before I became fully addicted but I thought the beginning episodes were fun and entertaining at least, which kept me going. So if you're patient enough to watch 13 episodes and then decide, than I'd recommend you continue. If not, then that's okay too :D