Hi there, 

I claimed the Fan Guide about Dilraba Dilmurat and started writing on it (info for editors because my claim has been from last year and I'd like to confirm, I'm still active on this article). 

My only problem is that I wasn't able to watch her latest dramas due to real life situations going on and it would help me a lot if someone could give their opinion about the latest dramas and be a co-writer. Of course it would be helpful if you're a fan of Dilraba as well. :) Users who watched her early dramas are welcome as well. :)

If you'd like to join me on the Fan guide, please answer here or directly DM me. 

Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to working with you!

moonchild:

Hi there, 

I claimed the Fan Guide about Dilraba Dilmurat and started writing on it (info for editors because my claim has been from last year and I'd like to confirm, I'm still active on this article). 

My only problem is that I wasn't able to watch her latest dramas due to real life situations going on and it would help me a lot if someone could give their opinion about the latest dramas and be a co-writer. Of course it would be helpful if you're a fan of Dilraba as well. :) Users who watched her early dramas are welcome as well. :)

If you'd like to join me on the Fan guide, please answer here or directly DM me. 

Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to working with you!

I'd love to help out if you still need it! I can give perspective on her roles in The Blue Whisper, The Long Ballad and potentially You are my glory. I just started Legend of Anle. 

Ari:

I'd love to help out if you still need it! I can give perspective on her roles in The Blue Whisper, The Long Ballad and potentially You are my glory. I just started Legend of Anle. 

I'll DM you! :)

Hi, I would like to write about the drama Mysterious Lotus Casebook. Mostly about why I like it and would like to recommend people watching it (why you should watch: Mysterious Lotus Casebook) :)

Cheers!

The Best of the Best (BOTB) - Drama Edition poll is hitting its 1st year anniversary come Sep 11th, and I have been wanting to revitalise the poll for its 1st year anniversary (which was the plan when the poll was launched) to analyse if the BOTB drama ranking has changed one year on. However, the new writer issue was still unresolved (since Nov 2021), and the article publication has gotten very haphazard since the start of this year (averaging one article published in a few weeks). Plus the super delayed publication and no featuring of my recent articles on End of the Year Drama Challenge 2022 makes me extremely hesitant if any efforts on the BOTB poll and article will be worthwhile..

Is the admin doing anything to address the articles issues? 

Articles were what make this site shine from other drama sites. Certainly not those slew of featured news.

Wish Upon A Star:

The Best of the Best (BOTB) - Drama Edition poll is hitting its 1st year anniversary come Sep 11th, and I have been wanting to revitalise the poll for its 1st year anniversary (which was the plan when the poll was launched) to analyse if the BOTB drama ranking has changed one year on. However, the new writer issue was still unresolved (since Nov 2021), and the article publication has gotten very haphazard since the start of this year (averaging one article published in a few weeks). Plus the super delayed publication and no featuring of my recent articles on End of the Year Drama Challenge 2022 makes me extremely hesitant if any efforts on the BOTB poll and article will be worthwhile..

Is the admin doing anything to address the articles issues? 

Articles were what make this site shine from other drama sites. Certainly not those slew of featured news.

I agree, I loved the articles here and the lively discussion in the comments. I love dramas from all over and the MDL Community, but I don't care about gossip that much and even less who is in talks or signing up for KDramas.

By the way, I am happy to co-author for any newcomers that can't post by themselves, if the topic is at all in my ballpark.

DaliaB:
I agree, I loved the articles here and the lively discussion in the comments. I love dramas from all over and the MDL Community, but I don't care about gossip that much and even less who is in talks or signing up for KDramas.

Exactly!

I do understand that some people are interested in all the news stuff, but do we HAVE to release those on MDL so much? I can open TikTok, Instagram, and even just Google for example and see hundreds of videos with all the information I need.

Many MDL writers who focused mainly on editorials stopped writing because even when their articles were released, they simply got swallowed and pushed all the way down by the news articles. Some of them are well known on MDL such as my co-writer Cho Na, Blizzardahm, Mon, and many more.

I'm sure that I'm speaking for at least 90% of MDL users when I say that I enjoy editorials way more than any other type of article.

Please consider lessening the amount of news articles. Thank you!

DaliaB:

By the way, I am happy to co-author for any newcomers that can't post by themselves, if the topic is at all in my ballpark. 

I'll definitely remember and contact you the next time an idea for an article pops up in my head!

Sad to hear that about Cho Na, they were a HUGE help with my 2 articles, enjoyed working them. I agree that MDL is missing what makes it different by rehashing news readers get from a million other places. MDL is not even that quick with those news stories, so there's no gain to having them given such overwhelming priority. The range and depth of articles was unique. At least now I know why this place seems so much less interesting than it used to.

mj_babec358:
Many MDL writers who focused mainly on editorials stopped writing because even when their articles were released, they simply got swallowed and pushed all the way down by the news articles. Some of them are well known on MDL such as my co-writer Cho Na, Blizzardahm, Mon, and many more.

That's indeed a huge loss but I can understand their decision. I considered stopping writing articles for MDL as well and probably will at some point, because the direction where things are going is getting worse I think. Nothing is more frustrating than working hard on an editorial article and spending lots of your (unpaid) free time and passion on it, just to see it being buried by nonsense news articles about celebrities private life that are only copy + paste from other Asian news sites. MDL admins should really re-consider if they benefit MDL with such news articles instead of well-written, interesting and out of the ordinary editorial articles. 

burhaa aadmi:
At least now I know why this place seems so much less interesting than it used to.

Exactly my point! Every time I opened MDL, I always looked forward to new fun drama recaps, recommendations, ultra fan guides, rankings, introductions to types of dramas, etc., but now I don't even bother looking at the articles knowing what they're about.

moonchild:
Nothing is more frustrating than working hard on an editorial article and spending lots of your (unpaid) free time and passion on it, just to see it being buried by nonsense news articles about celebrities private life that are only copy + paste from other Asian news sites.

Yes! I do understand that some news authors are getting paid for writing those, but most are seriously just copy-pasted and have maybe 10% effort put into them, while editorials can take months to write only to disappear like they're nothing. It's so annoying!

mj_babec358:
Every time I opened MDL, I always looked forward to new fun drama recaps, recommendations, ultra fan guides, rankings, introductions to types of dramas, etc., but now I don't even bother looking at the articles knowing what they're about.

Same and now you have to actively search for such articles, because they are hidden under "editorials" section (what a lot of users, not to mention new users probably don't know) which makes things even worse. I can't even recall when was the last time I saw a editorial article being featured on the site. It's sad. 

moonchild:

Same and now you have to actively search for such articles, because they are hidden under "editorials" section (what a lot of users, not to mention new users probably don't know) which makes things even worse. I can't even recall when was the last time I saw a editorial article being featured on the site. It's sad. 

And the issue that has been going on for almost 2 years now is definitely not helping the whole situation :(

Let's just hope the admins lessen the news articles at least a bit and solve the issue soon... It's not like we can do anything else other than waiting

moonchild:

I wish they would put editorials as the default, and news in the second tab. I don't mind mixing them in featured, but the effort should be rewarded.