ZhouYanRan:

I hope you won't hate me for asking yet another question, but questioning everything I watch is driving me a little crazy :D I keep asking myself how flexible are these prompts, but I can't ask you about every single one of them :(
Anyways, in block 24 prompt Butterfly may I use a moth (since they're also called night butterflies)? Are you allowing all lepidopterans or strictly rhopalocera?

We dont hate you! We’re glad that you’re wanting to be clear. Sorry for the delay on your question - we were a bit torn. Since moths and butterflies can look extremely similar, we will allow it. ^-^

JulyMoon:

Same here. I wonder if a Butterfly hairpin or otherwise non-real butterfly can be counted as butterfly. When it's a flower in hair, it doesn't need to be a real flower, so does the same apply to butterfly or not? 

Yes, fake butterflies are allowed.

ColourMePurple:

Along the lines of non-real things, for Flower in pot, what if the flower in pot looks artificial? I spotted a couple in a couple of series but maybe they are decorative? I can't really tell since no one really interacts with the plant. One was placed on a shelf/book shelf type of place which is what made it seem artificial. The other was also indoors and not by a window that I recall. Do they count? Again, they might be real, I just couldn't tell. In a 3rd show a live plant was also placed in a shelf and it was nearly dead.

For the Living with a disability prompt, do mental illnesses count like Dissociative Identity Disorder, Autism, Bipolar Disorder, or other diseases that impact a person's life like heart disease (The Story of Park's Marriage Contract) or an illness that can affect the mental and motor functions (Maestra: Strings of Truth)?

Flower in water - a vase filled with water counts?

Fake plants count, especially since productions themselves may use fake plants and pretend theyre real in the dramas.

Flowers in vases count as flowers in water ^-^

ZhouYanRan:

Since I've asked one question, I might as well just ask another. In block 14 prompt Flower festival do cherry blossom festivals in Japan and Korea count as flower festival (like in the first episode of Start-up, where Dalmi takes pictures with blooming cherry trees) or does it have to be an organised event explicitly called a flower festival (like in Salut d'Amour)?

Admittedly, im not too familiar with the Cherry Blossom Festivals in Korea and Japan. I was under the impression that there was still some level of organization to them and it wasnt just looking at a cherry blossom tree? But as long as that country calls it a festival, we’ll allow it.

(But please do inform me about what you mean and how these countries do it. Im curious)

DonnaK2O:

Hello,

A doubt. On: 24 - Bug:

In one series there is a scene where the protagonist says: "We asked the waiter to hide the bug beside the bed". Does that count?

Spotting the word/subtitle counts. So yes, mentioning it, reacting to it, or showing it counts

AthenaTheStorierX:

Admittedly, im not too familiar with the Cherry Blossom Festivals in Korea and Japan. I was under the impression that there was still some level of organization to them and it wasnt just looking at a cherry blossom tree? But as long as that country calls it a festival, we’ll allow it.

(But please do inform me about what you mean and how these countries do it. Im curious)

I'm not an expert on cherry blossom festival and I may be wrong, but as far as I know the season of cherry blossom is celebrated in both Japan and South Korea and it's main purpose is to admire the blooming trees, meet with family or friends, take some pictures, eat some food and drink sake. There are organised events like Gimpo's Annual Cherry Blossom Festival or Yeouido Spring Flower Festival etc. but I was under impression that (at least in Japan) hanami festival lasted as long as cherry blossom season and it counted as flower festival celebration as long as one went to admire blooming trees with their family or friends (like in the film The Makioka Sisters, where the four sister watch blooming sakuras every year). Am I wrong? Please, tell me what you think. If that doesn't count as Flower festival, I'll just look for a different title :)

xMoonBlossom:
Since the list for the disability prompt also has dramas with Autism, Trauma etc linked, I am pretty sure they count. :) in the comments of the list it was also asked if mental illness counts and it was answered with "yes".

That's good to know. Thanks!

DonnaK2O:

Hello,

A doubt. On: 24 - Bug:

In one series there is a scene where the protagonist says: "We asked the waiter to hide the bug beside the bed". Does that count?

Thank you for this question! You gave me one more meaning to the word "bug". So a hidden recording/listening device should work as it is commonly called "bugging a place"

AthenaTheStorierX:
Fake plants count, especially since productions themselves may use fake plants and pretend theyre real in the dramas.

Flowers in vases count as flowers in water ^-^

That's awesome! Thank you. :D

ColourMePurple:

That's good to know. Thanks!

Thank you for this question! You gave me one more meaning to the word "bug". So a hidden recording/listening device should work as it is commonly called "bugging a place"

Lol, yes. Some nice double meanings are set up throughout the challenge ;)

AthenaTheStorierX:

Ah... so "butterflies in the tummy" or "ants in the pants" could be an alternative. Not that those are easier to spot than real butterflies or bugs but nice to know. ;) 

Wikipedia lists Hanami (cherry blossom watching) under Flower Festivals in Japan. 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Flower_festivals_in_Japan

ZhouYanRan:
cherry blossom is celebrated in both Japan and South Korea and it's main purpose is to admire the blooming trees, meet with family or friends, take some pictures, eat some food and drink sake.

Not an expert either, but I read in Japan the people have gatherings in the parks under the trees and celebrate the cherry blossoms with a picknick. That goes for friends, family or even the colleagues from work. Here's a quote from Wikipedia: 

"Hanami (花見, "flower viewing") is the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the transient beauty of flowers...almost always refer to those of the cherry...trees. ...The blossom forecast ... is announced each year by the Japan Meteorological Agency, and is watched carefully by those planning hanami as the blossoms only last a week or two.

In modern-day Japan, hanami mostly consists of having an outdoor party beneath the sakura during daytime or at night. In some contexts the Sino-Japanese term kan'ō (観桜, view-cherry) is used instead, particularly for festivals." 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanami

AthenaTheStorierX:

Oh, I need to look at the prompts again in that case!

Regarding domestic abuse, I am watching 'My Happy Ending' and I wanted to know - are threats of suicide if the spouse doesn't provide the other money for gambling considered abuse? There is also a scene where the husband is shown to let the wife suffer after she consumed poison instead of immediately taking her to the emergency room. The wife also takes her daughter and puts her up as collateral for a loan and doesn't feed her before deserting her with strange men. And the mother decides at one point to drug her daughter and walk into the ocean with her as a murder-suicide ploy. Do any of these things count as domestic abuse? The  FL and ML torture each other by yelling at each wife throws a glass past the husband's head and he gets a hurt on his cheek, husband cheats on his wife, wife implicates husband  in a fraud case (falsely), ML wishes FL goes through hell. and refuses to give up custody of their daughter during their divorce. Do these count as emotional and physical abuse? I would say yes but currently the show is not tagged for this.

If you believe it should have the tag, then it is okay to use it, but again this is one of those great opportunities to contribute to the site... I did not read your explanation since I have not seen the show yet so my answer is more of a general one. 

Sure, I don't mind adding the tag and a couple others. It's just that some have a narrower understanding of domestic abuse and others might label a relationship as toxic versus abusive so I'm not sure if everyone would agree.  I put it in spoilers in case someone wants to watch the show in future and don't want to spoil their enjoyment. I suppose I can always submit the tag and explanation and see how the team feel about it.

I read your explanation and I definitely would call that abuse.

A question regarding "Secret Garden". Can someone share what the definition of secret garden is? 

Is it merely a garden that is not visible or accessible for public? 

For example if a garden is inside a royal palace of a princess and people outside don't know about it, unless they get into the palace, would that count as secret garden?

And for "Flower in water" does it need to be a whole flower or would flower petals also count? 

Thank you! ^.^