MDL's 2021 Watch Challenge Discussion Thread

This discussion has been closed.

I'm sorry if you've answered this before but, how many dramas are there in total for all of the blocks combined? 

and, what's a "block"? is it any drama in between the lines (ie A, B and C are individual blocks) or any TITLE with this color is 1 block?

XingBack:

I'm sorry if you've answered this before but, how many dramas are there in total for all of the blocks combined? 

and, what's a "block"? is it any drama in between the lines (ie A, B and C are individual blocks) or any TITLE with this color is 1 block? 

I counted them! It should be 221 dramas!

XingBack:

this is the most asked question in this thread, so i added it to the header of the topic...
The Lines Divide the   Blocks, the A, B, C etc Divide the Topics into Blocks. 

Susuyachan:

I counted them! It should be 221 dramas!

Old_Anime_Lady:

this is the most asked question in this thread, so i added it to the header of the topic...
The Lines Divide the   Blocks, the A, B, C etc Divide the Topics into Blocks. 

I see thank you both ❣

@ElBee and @dramaworld Thank you! To make it easier I'll provide the links in my challenge post :D

No questions for now but I just want to say I really like the format! Great job (: (: let the fun begin!

• ( ) Watch a drama/movie Set not Filmed in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  (50% or more and can be film in another country but does not have to be)  

am I understanding this one right? is it saying that whatever country it was filmed in is where it was released?

txy:
  • ( ) Watch a drama/movie Set not Filmed in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  (50% or more and can be film in another country but does not have to be)  

am I understanding this one right? is it saying that whatever country it was filmed in is where it was released?

The film setting should be another country other than the country drama belongs to....ex if it's a Chinese drama then almost 50% should be shot in any country in the world except china

txy:

exactly what sam said, it has nothing to do with where it was released but where the drama takes place.  It does not even need to be filmed in that other country, it could just be a "set" on a "sound stage"

No questions. Thanks for putting all the effort into creating this challenge. That said, I find the description of the block for cast by age rather offensive.  No one has the right to decide what is the marriageable/ deadline age and specifying it to female characters makes it even worse. I would rather it have been just the age brackets, without the stereotypical/ judgemental descriptions beside it. Anyway, great job with the new concept. I can’t wait to start.

Meineke:

No questions. Thanks for putting all the effort into creating this challenge. That said, I find the description of the block for cast by age rather offensive.  No one has the right to decide what is the marriageable/ deadline age and specifying it to female characters makes it even worse. I would rather it have been just the age brackets, without the stereotypical/ judgemental descriptions beside it. Anyway, great job with the new concept. I can’t wait to start.

you are correct but it is point in a lot of dramas EPSECIALLY older woman dramas.  35 or so is last baby making age and a lot of dramas focus on that choice between career and baby and love.  When I had the age with no description some people were confused so I had to clarify some how.  I apologize for your hurt feelings.

hello! if we decide to change difficulty, do we simply edit our form when we feel like it? we don’t have to ask permission or get it approved by someone, right?

emi:

hello! if we decide to change difficulty, do we simply edit our form when we feel like it? we don’t have to ask permission or get it approved by someone, right?

you can change difficulty at any time until turn in.  No need to ask any one.

Not a question, but I just wanted to thank Old_Anime_Lady, Dramaworld, and Poia for this years new challenge. It looks fun and difficult. Lol, I was sweating there for a bit, but I'm excited to tackle it. 

Susuyachan:

I counted them! It should be 221 dramas!

Does it include the bonus section and the 3 chances to watch something of our own choice? I tried to count and somehow always got different results xD