maidenholmes:

4,  Miss Korea - set during the 1997 financial crisis

Something like this was actually what I meant: the whole country being in that situation, not just an individual. Is that the case with the aforementioned dramas?

Journalist:

Something like this was actually what I meant: the whole country being in that situation, not just an individual. Is that the case with the aforementioned dramas?

Yes, Miss Korea is specifically about financial problems during the 1997 economic crisis. A new small cosmetics company (with money owed to loan sharks) can only stay in business if they promote a winning competitor for Miss Korea. Years ago In high school, the company president dated a lovely girl - now a department store elevator operator - that he believes can win.

I know Twenty-Five Twenty-One also takes place during/right after the IMF crisis, which is why ML's family went bankrupt.

Not sure about Just Between Lovers or School 2021. They sound more like personal financial issues.

3 (i think). Empire of Gold (set during the 1997 financial crisis, shows the power struggle b/w the main leads)

Since the topic stalls, movies are ok, too....

4. Default

5. Toki no Kouro - On 2008 Lehman Shock in Japan

6. mad dog - ??? i cant quite remember

24 hours have passed, so new topic

10 in which a main character is featured as a contestant in a TV reality show competition (dating, quiz, etc.).  NOT anything based on performance like singing or dancing.

1. so not worth it

2. bad genius

4. I Hear you

5. So I married an Anti Fan

6. It's Okay thats Love

7. What Zabb Man! - ML was in a cooking show competition

8.  The Greatest Love - FL was a former member of a singing group, making a living by appearing as on TV shows that feature D-list celebrities, including a quiz show.

9. baker boys - ml was in a cooking competition show