humichan wrote: i am an indian and i dont watch bollywood :D
i like j/k dramas better !

I also don't watch Bollywood. Only recommended movies....
And same for Television....some SAB TV shows and talent shows....
Western and Eastern shows are too good compared to Indian shows...
humichan wrote: i am an indian and i dont watch bollywood :D
i like j/k dramas better !

TheTranquilKnight wrote: I also don't watch Bollywood. Only recommended movies....
And same for Television....some SAB TV shows and talent shows....
Western and Eastern shows are too good compared to Indian shows...

It's pretty common that people like stuff from other countries that stuff from their own country because they are used to it :)
I also don't watch anything from my own country!

But back to the subject, I just watched Taare Zameen Par and I loved it. It's such a heartwarming movie about being misunderstood and not fitting in! It really pulls at my heartstrings!
Becca256 wrote: It's pretty common that people like stuff from other countries that stuff from their own country because they are used to it :)

But back to the subject, I just watched Taare Zameen Par and I loved it. It's such a heartwarming movie about being misunderstood and not fitting in! It really pulls at my heartstrings!

I understand what you are saying but its totally different case, just watch some currently airing Indian shows(not sitcoms) and you'll get idea.

And Taare Zameen Par is a really great movie and perfect description 'Pulls heartstrings!' :)
Becca256 wrote: It's pretty common that people like stuff from other countries that stuff from their own country because they are used to it :)

haha Did my moviethon infect you? I just counted up and last week I watched 7 movies. lol 4 of which fall into this thread.

I watched Muhjse Dosti Karoge, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, I Hate Luv Storys, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. They were all really good. ^^

*edit* Becca, I'm starting Jaane now. :)
Well, watching Jaane didn't work out. The links were crappy, so I'll have to wait until I can buy it

I started watching Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya and so far, I am not impressed. Has anyone seen this?

Does anyone know of any sites with Bollywood movies? Or any recommendations for a certain movie that would be easy enough to search for? I've been in the mood for an over the top musical lately :)
You could watch "3 Idiots" or "Awara Pagal Deewana", they're my favorites :) I'm not sure where you can watched them english subbed since I don't need them, but you can check youtube or google it.
I sometimes find them on YouTube. THere are also a lot of Bollywood movies on Netflix. :)
YouTube looks like it has a few if I know what I'm looking for. I'll have to check Netflix later when I have a chance. I never once thought of it. I'm just getting use to them having Kdramas on there. I've heard of Awara Pagal Deewana but haven't looked at it yet. I'll have to do that too. Thank you both for the help!
I've only watch '3 Idiots' ... Lol it's so funny! :)))
youtube and netflix!! you cn find some sites with dailymotion videos too well.. i'll suggest: Comedy: 3 idiots Rom-Com: Jab we met Romance: there are plenty!! Kuch Kuch Hota hai types!! Melo and subject: Kahaani, Taare Zameen Par, rang de basanti
Youtube and Netflix. Rang De Basanti, 3 Idiots, Taare Zameen Par, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kaho Na Pyaar Hai, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Jab We Met, etc.
Andaz apna apna
I've seen it like, I don't know how many times...it never gets old!
here's the link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_jHUawccI&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1
hope it works!
shaz22 wrote: Andaz apna apna
I've seen it like, I don't know how many times...it never gets old!
here's the link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_jHUawccI&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1
hope it works!

Aamir and Salman! I love that movie. I watched it like 2 or 3 times with my family~