Bladey wrote: Yes, but the ending came out nicely and Amitabh did such a great job; his entire posture is that of a head of a family. loved the fact his real wife played hiw film wife.

Yes! There was one that had a cartoony theme, I liked it. And there was the one about car racing, also with Saif and Rani.

Which one? Monsoon Wedding? Monsoon Wedding was a 2001 film directed by Mira Nair and written by Sabrina Dhawan, which depicts romantic entanglements during a traditional Punjabi wedding in Delhi, in which A stressed father, a bride-to-be with a secret, a smitten event planner, and relatives from around the world create much ado about the preparations for an arranged marriage in India. There was subplot a love story between lower class people who worked for the house where the wedding was. And during that various things came out in the wash...the movie used a lot of as if handheld camera. I really liked it.

Yes, found it.

Band Baaja Baaraat

Shruti and Bittoo, two graduates from the University of Delhi, reluctantly enter the business world together by creating a wedding planning service, Released in 2010.

The cartoony one was Hum Tum and I liked it a lot too! It was unpredictable in some parts! And I haven't seen the one about car racing, I'll check it out. Same with Moonsoon Wedding. And I'll look up the one about the wedding planners, to see if I can find it
my my!!!!! you guys...y'all have watched a lot of bollywood movies i see (i've watched them all too) loool...i used to be a big bollywood buff myself..(until i found my kdramas lol)...now i only watch them sometimes..the last 2 movies i watched were Aarakshan (Saif Ali Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Prateik Babbar, Deepika Padukone) and Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (Imran Khan, Katrina Kaif)...i'm planning to watch 2 movies this weekend (that is if i get time lol) Rockstar (Ranbir Kapoor, Nargis Fakhri) and Mausam (Shahid Kapur, Sonam)..

my favourite bollywood movie of all times Hera Pheri..it's a film by Priyadarshan, i enjoy almost all of his hindi films, it's usually a remake of his malayali, telugu and tamil films
Hum Tum

Synopsis
Karan is a cartoonist at one of India's leading newspapers with a daily column called Hum Tum. He calls it that because that's how he sees the world divided: No countries, no religions, just two divisions--boys and girls. When Karan first meets Rhea they disagree on everything, furthering his beliefs, so to put things right he innocently gives her a kiss. Six months later the duo meet once again and Rhea hasn't forgotten the kiss. Forward ten years since their first encounter, Rhea and Karan become friends again despite their differences, but this time destiny has bigger plans for the pair.

Cast
Saif Ali Khan as Karan Kapoor
Rani Mukherji as Rhea Prakash
Kirron Kher as Praminder Prakash/Bobby
Jimmy Shergill as Mihir Vora
Rati Agnihotri as Anju Kapoor
Rishi Kapoor as Arjun Kapoor
Abhishek Bachchan as Sameer (Guest Appearance)
Isha Koppikar as Diana Fernandez (Guest Appearance)

Trailer
KamZ wrote: my my!!!!! you guys...y'all have watched a lot of bollywood movies i see (i've watched them all too) loool...i used to be a big bollywood buff myself..(until i found my kdramas lol)...now i only watch them sometimes..the last 2 movies i watched were Aarakshan (Saif Ali Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Prateik Babbar, Deepika Padukone) and Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (Imran Khan, Katrina Kaif)...i'm planning to watch 2 movies this weekend (that is if i get time lol) Rockstar (Ranbir Kapoor, Nargis Fakhri) and Mausam (Shahid Kapur, Sonam)..

my favourite bollywood movie of all times Hera Pheri..it's a film by Priyadarshan, i enjoy almost all of his hindi films, it's usually a remake of his malayali, telugu and tamil films

How is Mere Brother Ki Dulhan? I downloaded it but I still haven't watched it! Is it good?
@Beca; That one was called Ta Ra Rum Pum, another one with Rani. Hope you'll like them. @Kamz: Yes, how correct: Until I found my kdramas lol. In my case, I rediscovered k-dramas, since my bollywood addiction came in the period of break from asian dramas. Seems like you watched some; thanks for the titles, I'll be checking these out, Kamz as I have not watched any.
Dhoom ♥ both films are the only bollywood films I've seen and I absolutely love them.
beca256 wrote: How is Mere Brother Ki Dulhan? I downloaded it but I still haven't watched it! Is it good?

it's okay..it's one of your usual bollywood romcoms but i fancy Imran Khan so i quite enjoyed it lool..although Katrina Kaif is a different story altogether..i do not like her loool..she's too stiff an actor..i don't know why they keep casting her lool

Bladey wrote: @Beca; That one was called Ta Ra Rum Pum, another one with Rani. Hope you'll like them.

@Kamz: Yes, how correct: Until I found my kdramas lol. In my case, I rediscovered k-dramas, since my bollywood addiction came in the period of break from asian dramas. Seems like you watched some; thanks for the titles, I'll be checking these out, Kamz as I have not watched any.

Ta Ra Rum Pum was good..i watched it a long time back and i remember liking it a lot then...i don't like Saif so much these days lol...but i must admit he's a good actor..i loved his Omkara (with Ajay Devgan, Vivek Oberoi and Kareena Kapoor), it's indian adaptation of Othello but you have to live in India and understand their culture to enjoy these kind of movies...

eragon92 wrote: Dhoom ♥ both films are the only bollywood films I've seen and I absolutely love them.

Hrithik Roshan looked like a greek god in Dhoom..the first time i ever noticed how handsome he was lool...
Bladey wrote: @Biya: Yes, the rain scene :D The think with lhani Alvoda is precisely that it could happen, at least in terms of >>> cheating and having an affair. <<< I found that to be quite realkistic myself.

Mhm. And did you see the We're family one, which I think is supposed tob ase of an American movie with Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon?

@Beca lol ^_^ No, haven;t seen that one but lately I'm way behind with Bollywood, since I'[m mostly feeding my Korean-Japan-China addictiion. lol

KamZ wrote:
Hrithik Roshan looked like a greek god in Dhoom..the first time i ever noticed how handsome he was lool...

wasnt he ???? God he was really hot in it .. i agree with you 100 % ..

nope.. i didnt give my family one a try because bollywood copies a lot of Holly wood movies.. if you have seen one from hollywood then its so hard to like bollywood re make... i usually pass all those movies.. cuz its no fun ...

ahhh yes :D :D ... i love that rain scene .. i also liked how real it was.. that is why people dont wear their rings when they cheat ;)

ahaan Mujeh Friendshp kerogay ... interesting.. i havent watched it but funny how i never heard of it either :S
BiyaS wrote: nope.. i didnt give my family one a try because bollywood copies a lot of Holly wood movies.. if you have seen one from hollywood then its so hard to like bollywood re make... i usually pass all those movies.. cuz its no fun ...

ahaan Mujeh Friendshp kerogay ... interesting.. i havent watched it but funny how i never heard of it either :S

i have seen We Are Family and it's a total copy of Stepmom loool...even the dialogues are the same..i was cringing most of the time while watching this movie...but Arjun Rampal is hottt..heeeh

and it's "Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge" btw :D...if you lived in India you would know how hilarious and apt that title is loool..i don't plan to watch this movie though lol
KamZ wrote: it's okay..it's one of your usual bollywood romcoms but i fancy Imran Khan so i quite enjoyed it lool..although Katrina Kaif is a different story altogether..i do not like her loool..she's too stiff an actor..i don't know why they keep casting her lool

Ta Ra Rum Pum was good..i watched it a long time back and i remember liking it a lot then...i don't like Saif so much these days lol...but i must admit he's a good actor..i loved his Omkara (with Ajay Devgan, Vivek Oberoi and Kareena Kapoor), it's indian adaptation of Othello but you have to live in India and understand their culture to enjoy these kind of movies...

Interesting, othello you say? I want to se this. I loved Throne of blood...Macbeth transferred to feudal japan, I'll be open minded and see that otheroll..actually a teacher once suggested it to me..i tiotally forgot. Thank you!

Yes, I was wondering whether it was worth a watch or not.

AQs for Hrthin being a greek god. mhm. Agree! Butr I really liked him in Jodhaa Akbar.
Bladey wrote: Interesting, othello you say? I want to se this. I loved Throne of blood...Macbeth transferred to feudal japan, I'll be open minded and see that otheroll..actually a teacher once suggested it to me..i tiotally forgot. Thank you!

Yes, I was wondering whether it was worth a watch or not.

AQs for Hrthin being a greek god. mhm. Agree! Butr I really liked him in Jodhaa Akbar.

I would say Yes heeeh...it's a film by Vishal Bhardwaj..he's a really talented filmmaker..i love almost all his movies...speaking of talents i love Aamir and all his movies..i'm not sure if you've watched his movies yet..but they are all really good...

Jodhaa Akbar yes..he looked beautiful in that movie too..and for a change i like Aishwarya Rai too loool...for most times i think she's too giggly and over the top
I love Bollywood movies. You do have to like the "break into song and dance" AND be able to withstand movies that are generally 2 + hours. My absolute favorite is: Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Which I believe not only has an excellent and sweet love story, but the dances (Nimbooda is my favorite) and music are a joy to watch and listen to. The story is about a music teacher who accepts an Indian man raised in Italy and teach him to sing. The man falls in love with his favorite daughter. The daughter is a beautiful, carefree girl who first hates the guy and then falls in love with him. While in the wedding of a cousin, a family friends falls in love with her at first sight. He asks for her hand in marriage and is accepted by his parents. She is separated from the man she loves and marries, losing all her spirit. Her husband loves her so much that HE decides to travel to Italy and help her find the man she loves. Believe me, this movie will make you laugh, cry and leave you with a light heart at the end of the day. Other movies that are my personal favorite are: Devdas, My name is Khan, Kites. Just from the top of my head.
KamZ wrote: i have seen We Are Family and it's a total copy of Stepmom loool...even the dialogues are the same..i was cringing most of the time while watching this movie...but Arjun Rampal is hottt..heeeh

and it's "Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge" btw :D...if you lived in India you would know how hilarious and apt that title is loool..i don't plan to watch this movie though lol

He is VERY hot indeed... i consider him a full package ven his voice is smexy .. :D

hahahahhahaha @ FRAAAANDSHIP... and yes am not an indian but i can imitate that accept and it is hilarious ... i just read Fraandship out loud and laughed out loud as well .. :D am not planning it either :D ... i recently watched DESI BOYS.. and it was alright ..

and i have to agree with kamz on this one.. Katreena doesnt know how to act.. neither act... she gets movies on her looks ... she looked pretty in welcome .. but i thought My brother ki dulhan was not well acted at all ... have u seen her new item song.. ...
JadeDarcy wrote: I love Bollywood movies. You do have to like the "break into song and dance" AND be able to withstand movies that are generally 2 + hours. My absolute favorite is: Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Which I believe not only has an excellent and sweet love story, but the dances (Nimbooda is my favorite) and music are a joy to watch and listen to. The story is about a music teacher who accepts an Indian man raised in Italy and teach him to sing. The man falls in love with his favorite daughter. The daughter is a beautiful, carefree girl who first hates the guy and then falls in love with him. While in the wedding of a cousin, a family friends falls in love with her at first sight. He asks for her hand in marriage and is accepted by his parents. She is separated from the man she loves and marries, losing all her spirit. Her husband loves her so much that HE decides to travel to Italy and help her find the man she loves. Believe me, this movie will make you laugh, cry and leave you with a light heart at the end of the day.
Other movies that are my personal favorite are: Devdas, My name is Khan, Kites. Just from the top of my head.

oh i loved Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam...and the music was totally awesome...can't say the same about Devdas, MNIK and Kites loool...

check this one out.. i dont think she danced it THAT well .. if it was someone else they could have done it better...

>_<