Nikki wrote: I will check it out! (And it's only 175min - that's relatively short)

I've seen 3 idiots being ranked as one of the best Bollywood movies ever.
Is it really that good?

Yes it is really that good :)

Bladey wrote: :-) Ah yes, Rab ne Bana di Jodi.

Did you watch Asoka? It was a great story. I also liked Ver Zaara. I believe Devdas are somewhere on my Bolly pTW lists lol.

No, I don;t think I have seen this one.

Laat one I watched was something called Just married, a pretty standard, but not unpleasant fare.

and I hate luv stories, starring Slaman;s Khan;s nephew, Imhran Khan, I believe. And Salman and SRK are always antagonistic towards another so that movie I have luv stories as well as another with that newphew, I think it was Jaane Tu... are hilarious parodies of SRK' s movies.

There is also a few others : I like Abishek Bachnana and both of his parents. I also have a soft spot for Akshay Kumar.

I liked Saif Ali Khan in Parineeta.

One of the most hilarious things in any bollywood film is for me: wind blowing dramatically inside any home lol.

Asoka haii haii .. i watched it .. but its not one of the best movies out there.. i think it was a big flop... but i liked its songs..

Pareenita is one of my fav movies too ..

hahahaha ... i liked jane tu yha jane na .. but i am not a big fan of Imran khan either ...

lolzzzzzzzz.. what i find funny is when the movie is going on normally and all of a sudden they are in this huge farm or beautiful sceneray singing songs..

also when it snows in the background and the girl is wearing as little as possible.. i get it when ladies are wearing short skirts but jacket on top ... but Sari ??? .. lolz
Well, Biya, this intends to shw how sweeping the romance is, I think lol. The lovers are so happy they are on top of the world. literally. Lol. One time they're back home, other time in Egypt lol. I wish I could travel that fast! :D I liked Asoka it had a different feel and I still felt it was quite epic. But My name is Khan is great and Chak de India as well. I think SRK is the most emotional of all those actors, though I also appreciate Bachnan Senior in father's roles. Saif Ali Khan seems a bit too macho. I don't really like kareena Kapoor either, thiugh she did fit her KKKG character.
did u watch Jab we met of KAreena's ?? i dont like her either.. however, i thought she did an outstanding acting in that movie.. very natural.. its with shahid kapoor her ex in real life.. haha i know what u mean but its can get really exaggerating sometimes.. sometimes too much drama in a movie kills it ;) .. have u ever watch BLACK ??... its a movie about a blind deaf girl .. her teacher Amitabh Bachan and main lead actress is Rani ( kajol's cousin)... if you like slow pace, touching and emotional movies .. you will love this one .. its not a love story but a story about this girl ... ver well directed and produced.. SRK can only do emotional characters very well .. he is made for those.. no wonder all indian/ pakistani ladies love him :P ... i love his dramaticness and emotional act in DevDas.. he won an award for best actor in that movie :) ..
Well aparently not only Indian/pakistani, since I"m Polish :D

Yes I did watch Jab We met and I did think that she was natural because they used to be an item and they even, SpOILER ahead: >>>>kissed there<<<<, which ios also a first for Bolly films.

To be honest, I like that shybness.

Ibn another Kajool/ SRK movie, Kuch kuch hota hai, there is a nice gazebo dancing sncene, which expresses more than a kiss does. I found that scene very emotional.

Thank you for the recommendation, I wil def check it out.

But I thought Chak de India was pretty good and Khabi Alvioda na kheena was pretty good too. I liked when he did another movie with AmitabhBachnan about a school, which Bachnan's character was running and there was Bachnan character's daughter....
Bladey wrote: Well aparently not only Indian/pakistani, since I"m Polish :D

Yes I did watch Jab We met and I did think that she was natural because they used to be an item and they even, SpOILER ahead: >>>>kissed there<<<<, which ios also a first for Bolly films.

To be honest, I like that shybness.

Ibn another Kajool/ SRK movie, Kuch kuch hota hai, there is a nice gazebo dancing sncene, which expresses more than a kiss does. I found that scene very emotional.

Thank you for the recommendation, I wil def check it out.

But I thought Chak de India was pretty good and Khabi Alvioda na kheena was pretty good too. I liked when he did another movie with AmitabhBachnan about a school, which Bachnan's character was running and there was Bachnan character's daughter....

I am aware you are not Indian/Pakistani :D hehe ... My very close friend is Polish too ...

i couldnt see any spoiler ... but Jab we met in one of my very fav indian movies :)..

yes yes.. the rain scene right ? they have such awesome chemistry ...i love that couple ..

sure ...welcome anytime

Kabhi LAvida na kehna is not very liked in India / Pakistan .. though i really liked it.. i blv that can happen to anyone ..esp now ... people didnt like it because no one wanted to blv such story could happen .. oh come on ! lets be honest here ... i have friends who hated that movie.. they thought it was really stupid .. and i think otherwise :) Chak de India was a very nice movie... i used to watch a lot of Indian movies before i started watching Asian dramas... hehe not a lot now
Yaaaay finally something bolly here!!!!! Let's hope that in a few months we have it in the data base (skye please please *-*)

Yesterday I watched Mujhse Fraandship Karoge and I have to admit that I liked it quite a lot, although it wasn't the best I've seen.

This a movie released en 2011 which was the debut of the 4 leads, so it was a really risky move but I think it was worth it.

Here is the info

Synopsis
Mumbai-based Preity Sen and Vishal Bhatt study in HRMC but do not get along with each other. When the time comes for their institutes’ 25th anniversary celebrations, one of their lecturers’ assigns them to meet ex-students who were romantically involved during their tenure in the college, take photographs and make a presentation during this event. Both, in their individual ways, are excited about this event, but not too thrilled to work with each other. While Vishal is more interested in hooking up with college hottie, Malvika Kelkar, Preity has her sights on rock-star, Rahul Sareen. Both then use their online social networking skills by creating fake ids to befriend the duo with considerable success – little realizing the shocks that await them when they actually meet the persons they admire the most.-MyAsianCinema

Cast
Saba Azaad
Prabal Panjabi
Bandyopadhyay
Prabal Panjotege
Tara D’Souza
Saqib Saleem
Nishant Dahiya
Keshav Sunder
Marwah
Mita Vasisht

Trailer

@Biya: Yes, the rain scene :D The think with lhani Alvoda is precisely that it could happen, at least in terms of >>> cheating and having an affair. <<< I found that to be quite realkistic myself.

Mhm. And did you see the We're family one, which I think is supposed tob ase of an American movie with Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon?

@Beca lol ^_^ No, haven;t seen that one but lately I'm way behind with Bollywood, since I'[m mostly feeding my Korean-Japan-China addictiion. lol
Bladey wrote: @Biya: Yes, the rain scene :D The think with lhani Alvoda is precisely that it could happen, at least in terms of >>> cheating and having an affair. <<< I found that to be quite realkistic myself.

Mhm. And did you see the We're family one, which I think is supposed tob ase of an American movie with Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon?

@Beca lol ^_^ No, haven;t seen that one but lately I'm way behind with Bollywood, since I'[m mostly feeding my Korean-Japan-China addictiion. lol

Lol yeah me too but I have a friend who is addicted to Bolly and she came to my house yesterday, so we decided to watch this :D
haha, Bollywood is good for girls nights ^_^ What's your top fave?
Bladey wrote: haha, Bollywood is good for girls nights ^_^ What's your top fave?

Jaane Tu ya Jaane Na and Dilwale Dulhania, and yours?
Jaane tu is hilarious. Main Hoon na for the same reason. Umm, for me it;s a much harder question. But I will say Khabie Kushie because it was my first ever. And Monsoon wedding, though it's not a typically bollywood production (no dancing numbers) but a lovely, lovely one and a beautiful OST. I like a dozen of others aside from these. I will try to watch everything with Sharukh, Kajool, preity Zinta, Rani Mukerjee, Saif, Abushek, Amitabh and Ashkay. As for the rest, as it happens, but they are entertaining most of the time. I remeber another one...a couple set up a matchmaking agency. I liked that one as well.
Bladey wrote: Jaane tu is hilarious. Main Hoon na for the same reason.

Umm, for me it;s a much harder question. But I will say Khabie Kushie because it was my first ever. And Monsoon wedding, though it's not a typically bollywood production (no dancing numbers) but a lovely, lovely one and a beautiful OST.

I like a dozen of others aside from these.

I will try to watch everything with Sharukh, Kajool, preity Zinta, Rani Mukerjee, Saif, Abushek, Amitabh and Ashkay. As for the rest, as it happens, but they are entertaining most of the time.

I remeber another one...a couple set up a matchmaking agency. I liked that one as well.

Kabhi Kushie was my second and I liked it a lot too, although I spent the whole movie wanting to punch the dad in the face! I had not yet began to understand Indian culture, so it was really shocking for me.

I also enjoy watching movies with the classic actors, those are the best! Like the movies from 1997 to 2008, where they actually had real actors. Nowadays they just present new "actors" who wouldn't know how to act well if they had a sign on the face.... but well, I guess that was Bollywood's golden era. I specially like Saif's movies. I loved them because they're always something out of the ordinary, like Salaam Namaste, Love Aaj Kal or Kuch Naa Kaho.

And what's that movie?, I haven't heard about it.
Thanks Beca for that info. I might check it out. ^_^....I linked it to the first post. So if you post any other infos like that, let me know to add them to the first post too. :)
Yes, but the ending came out nicely and Amitabh did such a great job; his entire posture is that of a head of a family. loved the fact his real wife played hiw film wife. Yes! There was one that had a cartoony theme, I liked it. And there was the one about car racing, also with Saif and Rani. Which one? Monsoon Wedding? Monsoon Wedding was a 2001 film directed by Mira Nair and written by Sabrina Dhawan, which depicts romantic entanglements during a traditional Punjabi wedding in Delhi, in which A stressed father, a bride-to-be with a secret, a smitten event planner, and relatives from around the world create much ado about the preparations for an arranged marriage in India. There was subplot a love story between lower class people who worked for the house where the wedding was. And during that various things came out in the wash...the movie used a lot of as if handheld camera. I really liked it. Yes, found it. Band Baaja Baaraat Shruti and Bittoo, two graduates from the University of Delhi, reluctantly enter the business world together by creating a wedding planning service, Released in 2010.
LisNoir wrote: Thanks Beca for that info. I might check it out. ^_^....I linked it to the first post. So if you post any other infos like that, let me know to add them to the first post too. :)

You're welcome. I hope you like it if you watched it although I'm almost sure that you won't xD
And yes, I'll post some other stuff here from time to time, to have more data :D