I've watched a lot of dramas/movies over the years and yes, i have spoken aloud the English subtitles in a somewhat dramatic fashion fitting to the scene. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that the English version of events doesn't give off the same vibe and the Korean/Chinese/Thai person saying it in their mother-tongue? If i was to watched a dubbed version, i most likely would have dropped it.

I will have to try and source the American version of Hana Yori Dango just to see if i'm right. Does anyone else know of any dramas/movies that were made Western?

I am not sure if you meant this by your question, but there have been a numberof dramas/movies remade into Western versions. Off the top of my head I can think of My Sassy Girl, Hana Yori Dango (a very BAD, cheaply made version that never completed because of bts drama), Good Doctor.

Hmm some of the movies and dramas that have been remade in the US, that I can think of right now are, (I'll write the title of the remakes not their original names). The Grudge, Dark Water, Shutter, The Ring, The Lake House, The Uninvited, The Departed, Oldboy, Godzilla and Somewhere Between.

I have not watched all of them but out of those I have watched there's some really terrible remakes,some decent and some good.

And there the Magnificent 7 or as Kurosawa called it the 7 Samurai remade countless times including 2 anime that I know of.

https://mydramalist.com/694-seven-samurai