Every single show I listed back in October that I thought might sneak in before the end of 2022 still has not aired. Sad times. So lets try some reverse psychology. This stuff definitely won't air in 2023:

Fighting For Love - woman starts as foot soldier, becomes a general. It's got Crystal Zhang who was caught up in some drama a few months ago. Her boyfriend cheated on her and she aired it all out in public. I'm hoping this has no impact on the show airing because she's a great actress and I've been a fan since Go Princess Go.

Wrong Carriage, Right Groom - two brides swap places in the chaos of a fire at a temple before they get married. Originally - one is marrying a sick young master of a prominent family, the other is marrying a bandit to save her dad. They swap places. They've done this a lot recently - Truth or Dare comes to mind. But The Starry Love also had this which kind of surprised me. I would say both are mediocre in terms of story (I did like the performances and characters especially in The Starry Love... just not the overall story) so I am hoping Wrong Carriage, Right Groom can buck the trend and have a compelling story.

My Wife is a Thief - it's listed as coming in 2022 on IQ under then name My Wife's Double Life. Male lead is an official from a family with secrets. Female lead marries him to attempt to get access to his home and steal something for her savior (the man who marries her into the male lead's household). I really hope this comes out soon. It's been listed as "coming soon" on the IQ website for over a year and a half at this point.

Echo of Her Voice - male lead on a journey, he's a musician with some special ability. He meets the female lead who is special and different from all the other musicians and singers he has met. I'm interested to see how this show is done. The female lead is played by an actress who used to be a singer and she has some formal dance training. Her bio on here says she's a "rapper, dancer and singer". If they use real voices maybe this is something where she can shine. She was in one of those Chinese girl bands for a reason.

Hello! Can I still join?

So lets try some reverse psychology. This stuff definitely won't air in 2023

Lololol 

Just wanted to share that I'm reading the Langya List, which is just a lot of fun. For those who don't know, this novel was the source material for Nirvana In Fire. It's a lot of fun reading it, and it's easier to track some of the characters since I can put a face to their names. Some of them I don't remember at all but I'm having fun! I think I will rewatch the show when I finish reading just to put it all together again ^_^

fiflydramalover:
Lololol 

It's always good to have fun :) Anyways did you know that  Nirvana in Fire S3  is in the making with Wu Lei as Main Lead*\(^o^)/* even though his character, in NF 1, was a young stubborn support I wonder what his role will be as ML in 3 . I'm looking forward to it ..... and you enjoy your reading :))

chunhua:

Hello! Can I still join?

Sure you can :) and welcome to the HDC ^^

Welcome to all the new members!! ^_^

This reverse psychology thingy better work this time, though to be honest I've given up on waiting & just trying to enjoy my time with all those dramas I've yet to watch anyway! :)

And with that in mind, I'd like to share some lists, they may be useful to y'all (I'll link them in the front page, too): 

- Top 100 Historical Dramas

A list of the current Top 100 Historical Dramas, as per the congregate rating of MyDramaList.

(with all those that count as "historical", according to our club's definition, so all those historical, costume, period, sageuks, wuxia, xianxia, xuanhuan, etc. dramas)

This is a list that I'll try to update once per month, since ratings change all the time.

- Lists of all Chinese and Korean historical dramas per year

(with all those that count as "historical", according to our club's definition, so all those historical, costume, period, sageuks, wuxia, xianxia, xuanhuan, etc. dramas)

China 2023 | China 2022 | China 2021 | China 2020 | China 2019 | China 2018

South Korea 2023 | South Korea 2022 | South Korea 2021 | South Korea 2020South Korea 2019

This is a work in progress, I've done 2023-2019 for now, more to come. If I've missed something, feel free to comment on the specific list!! :)

How many on those lists have you watched? 

I've watched less than half of the Top 100 Historical Dramas, for example, so I have my hands full even if not many new ones come out for a while!!

Estelll:
This is a work in progress, I've done 2023-2020 for now, more to come. If I've missed something, feel free to comment on the specific list!! :)

How many on those lists have you watched?

Oh wow Estelll that was quite some work you put into. Great lists ^^

I watched 45 of the Top 100, still a lot of watching to do even tho I don't want to watch them all :)) Didn't scroll to the others yet 

Edit: scrolled and found a nice one to watch. Tnx these lists are great

Shenmi:
Nirvana in Fire S3 is in the making with Wu Lei as Main Lead*\(^o^)/* even though his character, in NF 1, was a young stubborn support I wonder what his role will be as ML in 3 . I'm looking forward to it ..... and you enjoy your reading :))

Hmm i honestly haven't watched season 2 because I heard it wasn't as good. But when I rewatch the first season I might as well continue to the second. I'll have to aim to get it done before season 3 comes out! Did you watch it, and if you did did you like it?

Estelll:
And with that in mind, I'd like to share some lists, they may be useful to y'all (I'll link them in the front page, too):

Woooow! Thanks for the lists. It was fun to review the top 100, lots of good stuff on there though I feel like Arthdal is cheating with its three parts haha Very cool lists ^_^

Shenmi:
Anyways did you know that  Nirvana in Fire S3  is in the making with Wu Lei as Main Lead*\(^o^)/*

I am very excited for this and once they finish filming I hope they won't delay releasing it like a couple dramas out there I waiting for. I'm very curious to find out what character Wu Lei will be playing, maybe a grown up Fei Lu??? or someone else?

fiflydramalover:
Hmm i honestly haven't watched season 2 because I heard it wasn't as good. But when I rewatch the first season I might as well continue to the second. I'll have to aim to get it done before season 3 comes out! Did you watch it, and if you did did you like it?

Season 2 is good the only thing you can not do is compare it with S1 because it's a totally different plot even though it is a 2 generation further along extension of S1. There are little flashbacks of family names and events of S1 but there is no comparison. Personally I loved S2 and it has 2 different parts. 1st part is more about investigation and stuff like that and it evolves into the 2th part with war.  Acting and visuals are great. too ;))  Keep it simple if you feel like watching watch otherwise don't. No pressure XD

imagine:

I am very excited for this and once they finish filming I hope they won't delay releasing it like a couple dramas out there I waiting for. I'm very curious to find out what character Wu Lei will be playing, maybe a grown up Fei Lu??? or someone else?

Me too and I'm also very curious what his role or character will be. I have the same questions as you :) It would be awesome if he would be the grown up Fei Lu but then I'm thinking if that is so S2 wouldn't make any sense any more.  We will see, hopefully next year

Shenmi:
the only thing you can not do is compare it with S1

Hmm, in that case maybe I should watch it before I rewatch season 1 so I can avoid comparing the two. Thanks for the heads up!

@Estelle;  

thanks so much for putting the lists together!  👏🏽👏🏽

Hi! I would love to join your group! I watched just finished watching The Story of Yanxi Palace (2018) in January and got hooked on historical c-dramas. I recently finished Love Like the Galaxy (2022) and it was fantastic! The lists in this group have been very helpful in looking for new dramas to watch and enjoy.

@Estell, great work on these lists and thank you as always !

If you need help, like gathering the titles for the previous years, for sageuk, I can help, let me know. ;)

Regarding the Top 100, I don't watch Chinese dramas, so these don't count for me, but for the Korean ones in the list, I have watch 60/70% of them I think, and there are only two or three titles in the remaining pourcentage I plan to watch, as I 'm not interested by the others. So it should be done this year. ^^