I was thinking we should have an MDL awards thread for 2011's best but we still have two months left in the year so I decided to broaden the scope and get some opinions from people across the board about their picks for best and worst. This isn't specific to the year so feel free to go back as far as you want in your choices.

I think this could be entertaining and enlightening for those of us who not only come to the forums for fun and comraderie but also because it can be very helpful when looking for recommendations on what to watch next.

So here is a little opinion poll I've put together to get an idea of people's best and worst. This thread is general. You can pick a country: Korea, Japan, Taiwan, China...or you can mix it up and pick solely by favorites...or not as the case may be. Also, you can simply state the drama or person/s or you can expound a little in your answers.

I have made the worst list short and sweet to focus on the positive!

01. Best Romantic Comedy
02. Best Historical/Sauguk
03. Best Action/Adventure/Mysery
04. Best Actress in a Lead Role
05. Best Actor in a Lead Role
06. Best Supporting Actress (supporting players not necessarily second leads)
07. Best Supporting Actor
08. Best Child Actor/Actress
09. Best Second Lead Male
10. Best Second Lead Female
11. Best Comedic Performance
12. Best Song
13. Best Chemistry between the leads
14. Best Bromance
15. Best "Why am I watching this show? It is awful but for some reason I can not stop" Drama

01. Worst Drama
02. Worst Actor
03. Worst Actress
04. Worst Chemistry
05. Worst Song
good one jeanie..i'm going to come back with my list later..i haven't watched a lot of 2011 dramas though...hmmmm
Ooh, I like! I'm going to come back, but I think I have my worst drama and song! :D
kamz wrote: good one jeanie..i'm going to come back with my list later..i haven't watched a lot of 2011 dramas though...hmmmm

Don't worry about the year...This list is for any year, any drama...Go back as far as you like!
jeanie65jh wrote: Don't worry about the year...This list is for any year, any drama...Go back as far as you like!

Oh really? That's even better so many possibilities...lol
interesting. i will have to consult my list and return with the answers. my answers will be strictly japanese.
jeanie65jh wrote: Don't worry about the year...This list is for any year, any drama...Go back as far as you like!

but i think just keeping it to 2011 will be more fun..what say??!!..it's your thread so ofcourse you are the boss :)
01. Best Romantic Comedy
The Greatest Love ~ I picked this one because of all the rom/coms I've watched this one is the only one that truly made me laugh, a lot...all the way through. Truly romantic and truly funny.
02. Best Historical/Sauguk
Chuno ~ I've seen about 4 Sauguks and Chuno still stands out for me as a favorite. Princess' Man is second so far but I still have 4 eps to go. Chuno is a fun, adventures, heartwrenching ride and I loved every minute. Jang Hyuk was wonderful.
03. Best Action/Adventure/Mystery
City Hunter ~ Hands down! I'll let you know if I change my mind after I watch Secret Investigation Record.
04. Best Actress in a Lead Role
Kim Sun Ah ~ I still have to pick her. She is the best actress I've ever seen in Kdrama. Her range when portraying both comedy and drama is flawless.
05. Best Actor in a Lead Role
Jang Hyuk ~ This one is hard for me. There are so many actors out there that I love and admire but when I look strictly at the ability of an actor to be all things, comedic (and he can be funny even though he hasn't done a lot), dramatic and charismatic while acting...Jang Hyuk always comes into my mind first. And I have to go with my first and persistant thought.
06. Best Supporting Actress
Yoon Yeo Jung ~ She is an amazing Ahjumma, Omma, Halmoni. From What's Up Fox to Can You Hear My Heart, every part she plays, I completely believe her. She is an amazing actress.
07. Best Supporting Actor
Lee Jun Hyuk ~ His body of work is small. Honestly, I'm not that familiar with his work aside from City Hunter and City Hall. (huh...City themes) But even though many other supporting actors are flitting through my mind, I have to pick him because his portrayal of Prosecutor Young Joo was amazing.
08. Best Child Actor/Actress
Kim Sae Ron ~ Her portrayal of young Bong Woo Ri in Can You Hear My Heart was perfect..perfect..perfect!
09. Best Second Lead Male
Yoon Kye Sang ~ Yoon Pil Joo, I am in love with you...and that is all I need to say.
10. Best Second Lead Female
Wang Ji Hye ~ Seo Na Yoon I heart you! I love the way this Ji Hye portrayed Na Yoon, her brattyness, wisdom, vulnerability and acceptance. She was awesome and such a departure from the normal one dimensional witches usually portrayed in dramas.
11. Best Comedic Performance
Cha Seung Won ~ Dokko Jin, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me laugh for two months straight last spring. I needed it...Kamsamnida!
12. Best Song
Are you still waiting ~ Lie To Me. Music is a very personal thing, taste is like a fingerprint. And I loved this song.
13. Best Chemistry between the leads
Kang Ji Hwan & Yoon Eun Hye in Lie To Me ~ Dear Drama Gods, Why? why oh why did you put this explosive chemistry into a shite drama? I will forever be sad about this one.
14. Best Bromance
Jaejoong and Ji Sung ~ Protect The Boss. They made me all warm and fuzzy watching their antics. They belong together!
15. Best â??Why am I watching this show? Itâ??s awful but for some reason I canâ??t stopâ? Drama
Lie To Me ~ Yup...This one is definitely the winner here.[/B]

01. Worst Drama ...[B]That I've ever seen? Mary Stayed Out All Night. and Marry Me Mary
I call them..The Two Crappy Mary's.
02. Worst Actor ...Kim Hyun Joong I'm sorry, don't flay me! To me he is stiff and robotic in his acting. He just isn't very good.
03. Worst Actress ...Jung So Min Portrayed Oh Ha Ni in Playful Kiss. It wasn't just the way the character was written, it was her baby talk delivery complete with silly tongue talking. Ugh. My eyes are burning.
04. Worst Chemistry ...Choi Si Won and Chae Rim Oh My Lady. Cute Drama. Like both actors a lot. Chemistry together? Zilch.
05. Worst Song ...Like Pouring Rain Lie To Me. Whew! That song is sucktastic.
nyaw :(

i think i only just watched 4 2011 kdrama.... and another 5-6 that i reserved for december vacation

umm.. why its just only have 3 genre award category ^^ i wish there is for solo drama / solo comedy/ family genre/ etc . o well hihi
bokami wrote: nyaw :(

i think i only just watched 4 2011 kdrama.... and another 5-6 that i reserved for december vacation

umm.. why its just only have 3 genre award category ^^ i wish there is for solo drama / solo comedy/ family genre/ etc . o well hihi

Bokami..This isn't restricted to year or country. You can pick any year, drama, actor, actress, country...But it's cool if you just want to come and visit and read as well. ;)
I'm definitely going to come back to this (: Great thread Jeanie!
kamz wrote: but i think just keeping it to 2011 will be more fun..what say??!!..it's your thread so ofcourse you are the boss :)

I wanted to at first but then I thought...at the end of the year we can have a 1st Annual MDL Awards...Like an MDL Oscars. I was thinking we could do it with a poll and include only the main catagories; best actor, supporting actor, comedy, drama...and so on. I thought it would be cool to do this for each country. I don't know. I'm getting too ambitious methinks... I broadened it to this because I'm always curious about people's opinions and these kinds of threads ultimately give me good recommendations for things to watch.
my list is impossible to win ^^
01. Best Romantic Comedy: Love shuffle modern romance with lots of laugh, great cast and great acting

02. Best Historical/Sauguk: Letters from Iwo Jima I don't know if movies count in this but this is probably the only japanese historical film i have watched even tho it's a hollywood film. and i really enjoyed the movie and nino and watanabe ken.

03. Best Action/Adventure/Mysery: this one is a draw for me bw Guilty and Bloody Monday seasons.

04. Best Actress in a Lead Role: Toda Erica for Spec 2 and Code blue

0est Actor in a Lead Role: i still can't decide on this one... too many contenders. oguri shun, ikuta toma, ohno, nino,

06. Best Supporting Actress: Kichise Michiko in Liar game, Bloody Monay, Boss and Guilty
07. Bestpporting r: another tie Matsuda Shota in Love Shuffle and Narimya Hiroki in Bloody Monday

08. Best Child Actor/Actress:Ishii Momoka in My Girl (asahi)

09. Best Second Lead Male: Oguri Shun in hanadan

10. Best Second Lead Female: Aibu Saki in buzzer beat. she usually comes across as sweet and timid but in this role she was but sweet.

11. Best Comedic Performance: Ikuta Toma in hanakimi

12. Best Song: Please stay with me by Yui for matsujun's drama Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku

13. Best Chemistry between the leads: not sure about
14. Best Bromance: or this one either
15. Best “Why am I watching this show? It’s awful but for some reason I can’t stop” Drama

01. Worst Drama: propose daisakutsen

02. Worst Actor
03. Worst Actress
04. Worst Chemistry
05. Worst Song

the worst categories are kinda hard to do.
It's so hard to pick best