FortPeatForever:

Welcome to the club :)

Thanks.

American Fan:
Hmmm....I have ad blocker so I doubt its that. All pics and gifs have to be popped into postimages.org and you get a link generated. The  direct link is what you post on MDL. Is that what you have been doing and it doesn't work?  Gosh, if so, then yeah, I don't know either!

Ok well that may explain it then. When I first asked how, I was told to use the above for pic and links. Maybe I misunderstood, but no one said anything about having to use postimages or it wouldn't work. That said, is there a way to use it without having to DL images to your comp first? I'm scared to try and DL any pics again after what happened to my comp the last time I did, but tbh, that's the only way I've ever posted pics before along with the window's shortcut for gifs. I did see the UL Url button which I assume will work for actual links like YT vids etc., but what about google search photos or gifs? Do you have to go directly to the source's site and get a url? If so, won't that just post their whole page rather than just the image? Sorry I feel like an idiot having to ask this stuff.

American Fan:
Every once in awhile I watch the Kingdom performances on YT.

Girl, I do this ALL the time too. Some of those performances were just epic!

American Fan:
Just an F.Y.I for music lovers: There is a Sound Tracker Lovers Club but it's not too active.

Is it just talk about soundtracks or music in general?

DramaNomNom:
What would you recommend for my first JBL? I'll add it to my watchlist :)

From the current playing I recommend:

I hear the sun spot (Hidamari ga Kikoeru) adapted from the movie Silouette of Your Voice

Takara's Treasure (Takara no Vidro)

Sugar Dog Life is ok so far too, tho not a top pick for me. I also enjoyed Cosmetic Playlover that just finished.

From the finished ones, I recommend:

At 25:00 in Akasaka (25 Ji, Akasaka de)

Candy Colored Paradox (Ameiro Paradox)

Love is Better the Second Time Around (Koi wo Suru nara Nidome ga Jato) which has the BEST and most artful NC scenes and my favourite side character (Shiraishi Yuto). A definite must see imho.

I Can't Reach You (Kimi ni wa Todokanai)

Living With Him (Kare no Iru Seikatsu)

*Side note: Tho not your typical story series, I also highly recommend the BL dating reality show called The Boyfriend and tho NOT a BL, but my ultimate fave, As Long As We Both Shall Live.

Simi_Tutu:
I prefer Papa Bear over Mama Bear, hahaha!

Normally so do I, but there's something intangible about Mix that always draws me in. If he were an Idol I'd call it his stage presence. 

Simi_Tutu:
"Your Sign"  stays lives rent  free in my head.

I'll have to check that one out!

Simi_Tutu:
Sometimes I need to chai.

Guuuuurl, we all need to slurp up some of that hot Chai now and again!

Simi_Tutu:
God yes so watch like stat so we can talk about it !!!!!  You want NCs will The Sign's got NCs for you LOL

LOL you misunderstood me. I've already seen both The Sign and Wandee. I was saying how did I miss adding them to my top favourite (2024) BL list.

RXinw:
Re: The Rebound

Oh I liked that one! It's my favourite MeenPing show by far.

RXinw:
Even the school director has my attention. "Yes Sir" indeed!

That fine specimen definitely had my attention too. He didn't come on the screen nearly enough for my liking...lol

Simi_Tutu:
I will admit I'm still scarred by the train wreck that was My Dear Gangster Oppa so perhaps. what's the only reason why I haven't started The Rebound.

I thought it was pretty decent. Def the best MeenPing show for me.

DramaNomNom:
Why are Ai Fei's pants baggy? That's supposed to be a tailored suit and who thought that big ass bow tie was a good idea. Also why are the wedding pictures blurry...baby who took those? Please get your money back XD

OMG! I took pause at the same thing. For such an "expensive" and TAILORED suit, the jacket looked way too small and short and the suit over all was NOT a good fit, let alone a tailored fit. And yes, I was yelling "The 70's wants their bowtie back!" at my screen...lol. I think he attended the wedding and took the pics for his Captain, not a photographer.

p43425:
JBLs, of which I'm a huge fan

I gotta bookmark this page cuz I enjoy JBLs and there's a number of them on your list I haven't seen yet.

RXinw:
ROBBED! ROBBED!! ROBBED!!! How dare they cut to the next scene at this vital moment

ROFLMAO! I was waiting for you to get to that scene.

RXinw:
I don't know about the plot but those abs are 10 for me YES BABY LET THE WATER CASCADE DOWN THAT TRAIL!

BWAHAHAHAHA! Humina, humina!

p43425:
There was a post here a day or two ago about Mandee's announcement on Friday that Thomas and Kong  will no longer be able to play the supporting roles in "Next Prince".

I fell in love with Thomas/Kong

I was SOOOO looking forward to them and their ship in this show. What gets me the most is this news means not only do I not get to see them, but one of the shows I've been waiting on pins and needles to see, and thought was near to completion and soon to be airing, now probably won't air this year. *Waah*

OnyxTheHedgehog:

@MeNotYou  (re: The Trainee) I agree, it annoys me that Bahmee didn’t feel sorry enough about literally CHEATING on Tae- why the hell did she seem pretty normal after their break up but Tae was completely broken? I honestly hate Bahmee :(

Ikr? I could right chapter and verse about that character, that whole sitch, and how it was handled. I'm still triggered by it too...lol.

GelfyFaeth222:
I'm all grown up now LOL

Woohoo! Puttin' on the big kid pants now! Congrats!

OnyxTheHedgehog:

Good luck lol 

Wow ur fast lol

I didn’t get much time to watch yesterday but I’ll be watching at least one ep of Trapped a day 

Yeah I'm definitely a binge watcher...I don't like to stop until I complete the series. I started I Hear The Sunspot last night and I'm almost done with the available episodes.  <3

MeNotYou:
OMG! I took pause at the same thing.

I think it bothered me so badly because you spend most of the show looking at Tang Yi in those were tailored form fitting suits ( Thank the gods <3). Seeing him in the only suit he wears and having it look how it was looking felt like they didn't put much effort into it.  You know Tang Yi would've had it fit better than that. 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...thought I was being nit-picky. 

Ok so I finished finished Trapped and we have developed a love/hate relationship. When it first started, I immediately fell in love with all the characters, especially Tang Yi and Jack, and I was enjoying the show quite a lot. Although I once again experienced 2nd couple Syndrome and ended up liking them more than the leads, my love of Tang Yi and the actor's phenomenal acting (and gorgeous visuals), kept me interested and still invested in the main couple too. That said, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to comb down that one damn flipped up piece of Fei's hair....lol

Then it kinda went downhill for me in the middle with the continuity and plot issues and I hated the whole 180 degree character change to a now goofy/nerdy Shao Fei and the half a second flip flop of the female's character, as well as all the ridiculous facial expressions of the Captain. It picked up again for the last part, but I couldn't get back to that same level of enjoyment. In all honesty, I think Chris Wu (not to be confused with the horrible Kris Wu) carried this show on his back and if his character had been played by anyone else, I think the show would've been a flop. 

All in all, it was a decent show overall with a good storyline. Did I love it? No. Would I watch it again? Probably not, but I still liked it well enough to give it between a 7 and 7.5.

JuliaEsmeraldina:

Thank you so much. Feeling kinda honoured. 

Glad to have you join us. :)

DramaNomNom:

Yeah I'm definitely a binge watcher...I don't like to stop until I complete the series. I started I Hear The Sunspot last night and I'm almost done with the available episodes.  <3

Me too! It's the main reason I haven't started The Untamed yet...lol. How are you liking your first JBL?

MeNotYou:
All in all, it was a decent show overall with a good storyline. Did I love it? No. Would I watch it again? Probably not, but I still liked it well enough to give it between a 7 and 7.5.

I have to agree with you on the sister and the captain..they seemed over the top to me. I looked at the character development of Ai Fei as him changing due to falling in love with Tang Yi.  One thing I didn't understand is why did the dad kill himself after they talked at the mother's grave? After he talked to Ai Fei it seemed like he wanted to try and be apart of Tang Yi's life. At least for me if there had been a season 2 I could've seen that being part of the storyline.

GelfyFaeth222:

My review for Laws of Attraction  Rated 9 ~ Vigilante justice served in a super grungy glamourous aesthetic and I was right in my element.

I keep a top 20 favourite series list and BL is starting to dominate it LOL I think I have now watched enough BL shows to warrant it's own list 

I'm all grown up now LOL

I haven't seen that one yet but it's on the list. Congrats on being grown up now. LOL :D

MeNotYou:
That said, is there a way to use it without having to DL images to your comp first?

An image can be from anywhere, maybe your files or the web. If it's a gif or other image on the web, click on the image itself, then right click to "save as".  I have images go to my desktop. I don't know if that's the same as a DL, but I suppose it could be.

Then I open postimages.org and drag drop the image from the desktop to the box labeled "Choose images". And then you have a list of links. I always choose the "Direct Link", the second from the top of the list. 

Copy the link and that's what you paste into the "insert image" drop box in your convo on the thread. Then your pic should show up wherever you have a your cursor at!

I use the same process for posting most images on MDL, like my profile page too. I have noticed that I can directly drag and drop images into my feed from my profile page "Feed" tab.

YT vids are different. They do not post using the "insert image" tool.  There's a blank space to the left of the spoiler triangle tool. Run your cursor over it and you should see "Embed video" come up. Use the URL from the YT vid and paste it there. Sometimes this doesn't work at all, for whatever reason. If it doesn't work the first time, do a page refresh and start over. Other times it's MDL being a pain and nothing helps at that moment.

Other members prob know much more than me about this stuff and can give better advice. Hopefully I'm steering you in the right direction, lol.

MeNotYou:
Sorry I feel like an idiot having to ask this stuff.

No worries!! It took me a bit to figure it out. It's not that intuitive to me and I know my way around a computer too.  I was mentioning to Drama Nom Nom that there are quirks to figure out on MDL. It can be frustrating trying over and over again until something clicks.

I'm referring to using the tables in the profile page mostly. It's very hard to explain things like how the text body works in the table cells, same for the pics, like getting everything to line up the same in each cell. I spent what felt like hours playing around until it worked, but then each time I make an edit or update, I might end up messing around again for awhile. 

Anyways, sorry for being so long about it.

DramaNomNom:

I have to agree with you on the sister and the captain..they seemed over the top to me. I looked at the character development of Ai Fei as him changing due to falling in love with Tang Yi.  One thing I didn't understand is why did the dad kill himself after they talked at the mother's grave? After he talked to Ai Fei it seemed like he wanted to try and be apart of Tang Yi's life. At least for me if there had been a season 2 I could've seen that being part of the storyline. 

I actually experienced a kind of shock when the dad killed himself. It was very unexpected. I didn't see a tag for the "S" word on MDL's drama page. I always look for that due to my own personal/family experience with that issue.

My exact thought as well about the relations btw dad and son. It was a shame cuz a growing positive relationship would have been a great outcome, or as you mentioned for S2. I guess the dad was too wrapped up in his own internal battles, which is part of the "S" issues. I can't even use the word, sorry.

DramaNomNom:

Nah, Fei's was a straight up full on from strong and aggressive masculine type personality to more effeminate bubble brain 180 type personality change, not just a kind of softening like it would happen in reality and exactly what they did with Yi and Jack (or even a hardening like Li when he got angry at Jack there at the end). I didn't get the suicide thing either. It really didn't make sense in the grand scheme of things. And I also hated the continuity mistakes throughout like how Yi left the lighter behind on the ledge in that same scene, but then suddenly had it again in the next scene.