wrote: LOL after drinking coffee everyday doesn't it stop waking you up?

Not yet but I have noticed I used to drink weaker coffee and now I like it strong!
Oh goodness, I can never fall asleep at night. Even when I try, my mind keeps racing through random thoughts. The worst part are the days when I end up thinking about depressing things such as me or my relatives dying, or wondering if I'm gonna die in my sleep. (Okay, I'm an extremely paranoid person, lol) Anyways, I usually end up going on youtube to get my mind off of things, or if I'm too lazy to get my laptop, I mess around with my ipod to read e-books and download random apps that have no logical purpose. :')
Okay, don't judge, but what works best for me is a warm glass of milk spiked with amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur). There's just something very soothing about the warmth and creaminess and nuttiness of it that just knocks me out. Or it could just be the alcohol.

Yeah, it's the alcohol.
noramalina_96 wrote: Oh goodness, I can never fall asleep at night. Even when I try, my mind keeps racing through random thoughts. The worst part are the days when I end up thinking about depressing things such as me or my relatives dying, or wondering if I'm gonna die in my sleep. (Okay, I'm an extremely paranoid person, lol) Anyways, I usually end up going on youtube to get my mind off of things, or if I'm too lazy to get my laptop, I mess around with my ipod to read e-books and download random apps that have no logical purpose. :')

lol bit...extreme:P
boredandtwitchy wrote: Okay, don't judge, but what works best for me is a warm glass of milk spiked with amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur). There's just something very soothing about the warmth and creaminess and nuttiness of it that just knocks me out. Or it could just be the alcohol.

Yeah, it's the alcohol.

lol sounds like something you'd give to a child to make sure he falls asleep *note: i am NOT a parent.*
A natural thing that knocks me out within an hour every time is decaf chamomile tea. It really works!
I'm an insomniac...
Tried it all... I have even been to the doctor. Finally just turn off everything. And lay in my pitch black room and stare at the ceiling til I drift off. Might get 3-5 hours! :D
To be sincere I have serious sleeping problems.
Normally I sleep only 2-3 hours/night or I can't sleep at all many days in a row.
I can't sleep for more then 2 hours during the day either so:

1. Either I wait to drop from lack of sleep after a while. - last time I fell asleep after 3 days and slept for 12 hours straight. (My maximum was a week and a half without sleeping at all).
or
2. I try different solutions that usually don't work like : reading my school notes or try to learn, read books/mangas or I watch series. But as I said this option doesn't work every time.

Also there are cases when I tire myself too much and a migraine is forming. When I can't concentrate to read something or watch a series and not even pain killers help..I just stay in bed and suffer until I finally fall asleep from the pain.

I don't wish anyone to be in my place and I would love to find some solutions. I have to say that I also tried some like : drinking warm milk, tea, applying different compresses, eating/not eating before, doing sports, listening to music, yoga, I even tried getting drunk but I got more dizzy and sick than sleepy..etc..

So if someone has some advices, give me some too..

P.S. I have to add that I have this problem since a year ago as I had a very busy schedule until recently : I was trying to balance school, a job and also working part time, most of the time I was on the run. Now I quit my jobs to try to get back on my feet a little but it seems I can't return to normal anymore.
Tvlioze wrote: To be sincere I have serious sleeping problems.
Normally I sleep only 2-3 hours/night or I can't sleep at all many days in a row.
I can't sleep for more then 2 hours during the day either so:

1. Either I wait to drop from lack of sleep after a while. - last time I fell asleep after 3 days and slept for 12 hours straight. (My maximum was a week and a half without sleeping at all).
or
2. I try different solutions that usually don't work like : reading my school notes or try to learn, read books/mangas or I watch series. But as I said this option doesn't work every time.

Also there are cases when I tire myself too much and a migraine is forming. When I can't concentrate to read something or watch a series and not even pain killers help..I just stay in bed and suffer until I finally fall asleep from the pain.

I don't wish anyone to be in my place and I would love to find some solutions. I have to say that I also tried some like : drinking warm milk, tea, applying different compresses, eating/not eating before, doing sports, listening to music, yoga, I even tried getting drunk but I got more dizzy and sick than sleepy..etc..

So if someone has some advices, give me some too..

P.S. I have to add that I have this problem since a year ago as I had a very busy schedule until recently : I was trying to balance school, a job and also working part time, most of the time I was on the run. Now I quit my jobs to try to get back on my feet a little but it seems I can't return to normal anymore.

After all that, maybe you should try sleeping pills?
I don't want to take pills as most certainly I would become an addict.
I'm not ready to give up that easily.
Today I'll try the "bore myself to sleep plan".
I plan on doing/watching things I find boring for a few hours before going to sleep.
I'm even preparing a list with the worst movies possible right now, I hope it won't backfire though.
I don't want to take pills as most certainly I would become an addict.
I plan on doing/watching things I find boring for a few hours before going to sleep.
I'm even preparing a list with the worst movies possible right now, I hope it won't backfire though.
Nife801 wrote: I don't want to take pills as most certainly I would become an addict.

Lol alright. Good luck.
After reading some of your guys' problems with falling asleep I feel really bad cause I honestly have no problem falling asleep. I can sleep anywhere, and anytime. Please don't come after me while I'm snoozing away and your eyelids won't stay shut.

The one thing I'm thankful for though, through all that, is that I don't snore. Cause if I did, the people around me would probably beat me.
fidelii wrote: After reading some of your guys' problems with falling asleep I feel really bad cause I honestly have no problem falling asleep. I can sleep anywhere, and anytime. Please don't come after me while I'm snoozing away and your eyelids won't stay shut.

The one thing I'm thankful for though, through all that, is that I don't snore. Cause if I did, the people around me would probably beat me.

Lucky!
sorry Skye im in the same predicament even mild sleeping pills (cos i dont like taking pills) havent really worked so i cant help you !
fidelii wrote: After reading some of your guys' problems with falling asleep I feel really bad cause I honestly have no problem falling asleep. I can sleep anywhere, and anytime. Please don't come after me while I'm snoozing away and your eyelids won't stay shut.

Skye-N-Rain wrote: Lucky!

yeah she shes lucky :(. im jealous of people who can go to sleep really quickly lol. i suffer really badly from insomnia. i once went 36 hours without sleep :(