2018 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Viktorija:

I was wondering how should I choose what to watch in certain categories. I was thinking about watching a drama about school but it's confusing. So lets say, something like Weightlifting fairy Kim Bok Joo has the first tag as friendship and it's set in college so technically it could be selected for a drama in the "Watch a drama/movie about friendship centered in school/college." category even if it's known as a rom com? I have concerns about other categories but maybe I'm overthinking cause I do tend to do that..

This is not the official answer, but for me, I would think as long as it fits the criteria, it doesn't matter what it's "known" as.  Like I remember in last year's challenge, I moved Solomon's Perjury to two or three categories before I decided for sure what category I wanted to put it in, lol.  I had it in "students as main cast" (which, obviously, it fits), then ended up putting it as "medical/law/business" because it's a mock trial and it's definitely law.  I think I had it in the school category briefly, because it's all centered on what happened in the school and takes place at school...you get the point.  I don't think it's cheating if you put a drama or movie in a slot that is not the first place most people would put it as long as it fits, and nearly everything can fit multiple criteria.  Just don't use it more than once ;)

Hessa Volunteer Staff

You can do as Zeamays said. Even I did that in the last challenge.

For movie there is no restriction on what country it is based right? So any movies and drama is counted? And for the point system I want to join but the rules is just so complex that it is hard to understand, is there a more simple way to represent that.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

There is no country restrictions.

For the point challenge there is 3 categories. The single, the double, and the triple. If you watch a movie or drama special you get few point depending on the category. Triple give more points. Moreover, if you watch a drama you get double the amount you get for a movie.

so part of the criteria is that the list or movie and drama must have been watch within this year, so even if the movie or drama was released in previous year I can still counted in my score is that correct?

and also we don't need to always update our progress right. we just need to right down what movie/drama we watched and the scores and the date we start and end for the selection and then we are done right?

i'm confused by the points system :( 

For example, if I watch a drama that is 25+ hours, and falls under the "doubles" category, I get 6 points? If I watch a movie from the 1950's, I get 3 points? 

I'm excited for this challenge though! I can't wait to see everyone's progress :)

Watch a drama/movie from your favorite director/screenwriter.

What if I don't have a favorite director/screenwriter (because I don't pay attention to that...) Should I try to "discover" my favorite director/screenwriter? I'm not sure what I should do with this one.

RoseRain:

Watch a drama/movie from your favorite director/screenwriter.

What if I don't have a favorite director/screenwriter (because I don't pay attention to that...) Should I try to "discover" my favorite director/screenwriter? I'm not sure what I should do with this one.

Saaaaame, the whole "Favorites" category is useless for me, mayyybe I could stretch and find favorite actors but I don't have an obsessive personality so it's hard for me to pick. I guess I'll just skip this one.

Viktorija:

Saaaaame, the whole "Favorites" category is useless for me, mayyybe I could stretch and find favorite actors but I don't have an obsessive personality so it's hard for me to pick. I guess I'll just skip this one.

Same girl! I don't really have a "favorite" but I do have actors I do really like and look forward to their new drama so that made it easier for me to classify them under the favorite tag but the directors/screenwriters is a bit... I can't name a single person from that category.

I have a question about the awards category

Can be any award? If an actor has a SBS Drama Awards, can they count to this category? Or only the major awards can count like baeksaeng and such?

I have like 30 dramas and movies on my "currently watching" list that i havent started yet. I was just going to start watching them so i put them there, since i have about 250 in my "plan to watch" list. Can I still use those or not?

Tanai Schmid:

I have like 30 dramas and movies on my "currently watching" list that i havent started yet. I was just going to start watching them so i put them there, since i have about 250 in my "plan to watch" list. Can I still use those or not?

I believe that as long as you haven't started watching them, then they would be fine to use. It's more you can't use dramas that you are actually currently watching as opposed to where you have them listed.

Can you list several movies/dramas on one criteria like:

( ) Watch a drama/movie about detectives, police officers, or forensic investigators. (

Missing Noir M, Oroboros, Hello Monster)

Viktorija:

I'm interested in the Hard challenge but is it even possible to find a drama from the 1950s'?

Seven Samurai was made in 1954. You can rent it on Vudu, YouTube, and Itunes.

The Wedding Party - 1956. It's on Viki.