2018 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

You can do that. You don't have to follow the challenge order.

Howra:

can I use one of single points categories such as Romance but then move to double points and triple points categories and do all 8 of them?

Hessa:

You can do that. You don't have to follow the challenge order.

thank you so much for answering

oh another question! Can I put a drama such as Chicago Typewriter (it moves between modern day and that era, I haven't watched it yet so i'm not sure how much of that era is shown)  under the category for Japanese colonial rule of SK/China?

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Yes.

Howra:

thank you so much for answering

oh another question! Can I put a drama such as Chicago Typewriter (it moves between modern day and that era, I haven't watched it yet so i'm not sure how much of that era is shown)  under the category for Japanese colonial rule of SK/China?

I just wanted to ask if there are any recommendations for a 25+ hour drama for the historical section in the Challenge set during World War 2?

And I also wondered if there are any dramas from the 1950s? I`ve found some movies, but wanted to know if there even are dramas from that time..

Thanks in advance :)

Can restrictions be anything? Can i just put a restriction that i don't want to watch historical dramas even though it is part of the challenge to watch dramas from different historical time periods.

It seems like I'm to dumb to copy/paste the challenge into a new post... :/

Tanai:

I know I already asked that but nobody answered so i am asking again:

Can you list several movies/dramas on one criteria like:

( ) Watch a drama/movie about detectives, police officers, or forensic investigators. (

Missing Noir M, Oroboros, Hello Monster)

I'm pretty sure you only put one drama/movie for each one

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Natty:
I just wanted to ask if there are any recommendations for a 25+ hour drama for the historical section in the Challenge set during World War 2?

Ohisama

Tanai:

I know I already asked that but nobody answered so i am asking again:

Can you list several movies/dramas on one criteria like:

( ) Watch a drama/movie about detectives, police officers, or forensic investigators. (

Missing Noir M, Oroboros, Hello Monster)

No, only 1 will be counted. So, choose one (either drama or movies) and use it for the challenge. I will only count the first title if you add more than 1.

SacrodDonkor:

Can restrictions be anything? Can i just put a restriction that i don't want to watch historical dramas even though it is part of the challenge to watch dramas from different historical time periods.

Yes, but you wouldn't be able to achieve the merciless difficulty.

Natty:

And I also wondered if there are any dramas from the 1950s? I`ve found some movies, but wanted to know if there even are dramas from that time..

Cause I need to study for exams and have plenty of time [ :') ] I actually searched for you and surprisingly found some. I don't really know what "set during World War 2" exactly means, because there are dramas concerning conflicts in Asia that were happening during that period (Chinese civil war, Korea under Japanese rule, second sino Japanese war) but Idk if we are correct to blend them with WW2 but then again that's what makes it a WORLD war...
Here's some that I found and there's more of them if you search taking into account local conflicts:

Sanga Moyu (1984)

My Natasha (2012)

I didn't look through all of them but there are the only two I found that would perfectly fit the category. It's probably impossible to find them dubbed but since I spent the time then here you go, maybe my insights can help you look yourself. 

Thanks a lot Viktorija & Hessa! I`ll definitely check them out :)

Natty:

Several Asadoras are set during that time. Most Asadoras run about 35-39 hours and are 150+ 15 minute episodes. There is a good wiki page on Asadoras and MDL has lots listed. I believe there are at least a dozen fully subbed.

Gochisousan 2013 (150) J - https://mydramalist.com/7889-gochisousan about a woman who loves food and cooking, and struggles to raise a family and feed them during the 1930's and 40s. Many of the latter episodes include the American occupation and the devastation caused by the war.

I believe Ohisama 2011 (156) J - is also set during this time.

Wow, thank you so much DarylJ, it helps a lot :D

xXabsintheXx:

It seems like I'm to dumb to copy/paste the challenge into a new post... :/

Highlight, ctrl-c.

(You're not dumb, it's just that the quote highlight thingy messes up copying.)

Hey maybe i am stupid or don't know anything about computers but i can't find my sign-in form to edit it. How do i do that?

Damn xD the regular J-drama and K-dramas duration sure are enemies of the point system for the 25+ hour one. I have to watch a Korean drama with 50+ episodes that last a hour while also somehow magically fits the tags to be a very high scored person... This is very challenging. I want to be in the top 5 highest scored so it's a shame there aren't many drama (with 25 hour+) that fit the categories of the triple system (most fit the double and single). You guys sure made the system hard, I'll give your props for that.