2018 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Thanks. I look forward to completing this challenge.

I have a question about the points based on number of episodes.  Given the variability in episode length, would it be possible to change it to number of hours?  As it is, someone could watch a normal 16 episode kdrama in the new 2xday format and that would count as 32 episodes, while someone else could watch one of those Tw-dramas with the obscenely long 90 minute episodes and it would be longer (and it would only take 11 eps to make it longer) than the kdrama and count for less.  Just a thought.  If it's really to even things out and encourage people to not take the "easy" way out ;)  Just make it hour ranges instead of episodes?  Even a drama on KBS vs a drama on SBS airing right now of exactly the same length of time gives the SBS drama more points.

Hessa:

Nope, you can only add titles you started in 2018.

Is it possible to add this to the rules?  I didn't know about this and started to think about where to put my current dramas and I think others might have done the same already too :D

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Thanks. I will fix it.

zeamays:

I have a question about the points based on number of episodes.  Given the variability in episode length, would it be possible to change it to number of hours?  As it is, someone could watch a normal 16 episode kdrama in the new 2xday format and that would count as 32 episodes, while someone else could watch one of those Tw-dramas with the obscenely long 90 minute episodes and it would be longer (and it would only take 11 eps to make it longer) than the kdrama and count for less.  Just a thought.  If it's really to even things out and encourage people to not take the "easy" way out ;)  Just make it hour ranges instead of episodes?  Even a drama on KBS vs a drama on SBS airing right now of exactly the same length of time gives the SBS drama more points.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

It is already in the rules. Maybe you did not read it properly, "You can't include dramas/movies you watched previously. All dramas/movies must be watched during the challenge period."

Miaya:

Is it possible to add this to the rules?  I didn't know about this and started to think about where to put my current dramas and I think others might have done the same already too :D

Hessa:

It is already in the rules. Maybe you did not read it properly, "You can't include dramas/movies you watched previously. All dramas/movies must be watched during the challenge period."

Then it must be my limited English as I did read the rules carefully :) For me dramas I haven't finished watching are dramas I haven't watched, so that's why there was the confusion. So to make it clear for me, I have to start watching everything in 2018 and nothing I started previously can be included even though it will be finished in 2018.

I'm just asking for clarification (I have a feeling it's a stupid question) but is it okay to add drama I started in 2017 but it's still airing in 2018? Like Prison Playbook?

Some people in the Sign-up form thought the same way as you did. They put things that they started watching in 2017. 

This was one of my questions about the rules to, but it already be explained :)

So being new to this challenge thing, I would like to clarify something.  If I watch a movie on a category. Then watch a drama may I count both?  

YanFaisal:

Some people in the Sign-up form thought the same way as you did. They put things that they started watching in 2017. 

This was one of my questions about the rules to, but it already be explained :)

I thought there will be an exception since the drama is still airing but I guess I didn't understand well. Thank you for clarifying. 

RoseRain:

I thought there will be an exception since the drama is still airing but I guess I didn't understand well. Thank you for clarifying. 

My response was for the user above you.
You can watch things that started airing in 2017. But if you had anything in your CW (Currently Watching) list at December,31 you cant use these dramas to participate in the challenge.

I talked about the people who did this.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

No, only one, either a drama or a movie.

OldAnimeLady:

So being new to this challenge thing, I would like to clarify something.  If I watch a movie on a category. Then watch a drama may I count both?  

Can I use more than one drama from on hold list? Or the rule "All dramas/movies must be watched during the challenge period." also valid to dramas from on hold list?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Somach:

Can I use more than one drama from on hold list? Or the rule "All dramas/movies must be watched during the challenge period." also valid to dramas from on hold list?

All dramas/movies must be started during the challenge period (except for the "Finish a drama/movie you have dropped" and "Finish a drama/movie you have put on hold."

I was wondering how should I choose what to watch in certain categories. I was thinking about watching a drama about school but it's confusing. So lets say, something like Weightlifting fairy Kim Bok Joo has the first tag as friendship and it's set in college so technically it could be selected for a drama in the "Watch a drama/movie about friendship centered in school/college." category even if it's known as a rom com? I have concerns about other categories but maybe I'm overthinking cause I do tend to do that..