Weirdestone:

@melomane

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and typing up such a long response! 

Hm asking questions. I think that's some great advice. I'm more of a shy person who doesn't like to ask questions because I feel socially awkward, but I will be sure to push myself to do so. as I do find this point of my life an important time for me to work on finding my future career. Thanks once again! :) 

Sure thing! Sounds like you're geared up to ask questions - cool! It can feel daunting and still it's what helped me the most to refine my understanding of my options.  (BTW, there are books about jobs for Introverts / Quiet folks. A career counselor might be able to point you in a useful direction, too.)  Though from what I can see in this thread, you have a direction. :)

I agree with folks who mention travel: It's life-changing. I traveled when I was young, staying about a year twice in different places.  It's one of the greatest gifts my parents ever gave me.   While long stays are great to really see a culture, any travel at any age for any length of time gives you a glimpse of what's out there to experience.  Best wishes!

@MyDramaObsession

Traveling.. hmm I'll seriously think about it... Gotta make the $$$ first. Haha

And yes I do understand the difference between hobbies and careers. The reason why I said I only liked asian dramas is because every time I tell someone I do not know what I want to major in, the first thing they ask is, "What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?" So basically I'm saying you can't really base my career on my hobbies.

Watching Asian dramas is a hobby I love. It makes me laugh and at times cry. It's what I do when I'm bored or want to take a break from life. :)

And Lol um.. Architects don't buy houses. They create floor plans for their clients and try to use as much space within a specific range, while following the state and city's building codes.

Thanks for taking time to give me some advice! :) 

_Kihyo_:

I'm going to college in language thing because I'm a big fan of Asia and I have English; French, Chinese and Japanese ^^ Could also pick Korean but to find a work it wasn't really the best sadly.
And you have economics, law and translation within the thing, maybe you could find something like this if you love dramas ?

Cool! So what's the major? Economics? or like majoring in specific languages?

Weirdestone:

@MyDramaObsession

Traveling.. hmm I'll seriously think about it... Gotta make the $$$ first. Haha

And yes I do understand the difference between hobbies and careers. The reason why I said I only liked asian dramas is because every time I tell someone I do not know what I want to major in, the first thing they ask is, "What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?" So basically I'm saying you can't really base my career on my hobbies.

Watching Asian dramas is a hobby I love. It makes me laugh and at times cry. It's what I do when I'm bored or want to take a break from life. :)

And Lol um.. Architects don't buy houses. They create floor plans for their clients and try to use as much space within a specific range, while following the state and city's building codes.

Thanks for taking time to give me some advice! :) 

Ha ha the house buying was a metaphor for career. 

I also know you meant hobby. Everyone was suggesting you turn your hobby into the career. I was just telling you my experience keeping them separate from my career. My career is geared towards what I can do well, aptitude and my hobbies are what I enjoy :) I was just saying a career doesn't have to be something you love/like per se that sometimes doing something you are good to make money can be better and afford you the opportunity to do things you love in off time to relax. No worries. 

As for travel I lived on the cheap. I actually had friends that were truck drivers, nomads, artists and got to travel a lot of the for free/practically nothing. Also other opertunities volenteering, groups, internships, all while making money as I went or cost covered. If you were multilingual there were opportunities to help and see the world. Also friends:) it definatly has been awhile for me so I can't say how safe it is to do the global nomad thing. Now I definitely am more tourist like instead of hippie lol. All before social media, internet, etc meeting people and making friends as you went no itinerary. Good times.

Positive energy sent you way.

Weirdestone:

Cool! So what's the major? Economics? or like majoring in specific languages?

Well you have the three first years with pretty much everything but in different languages, and then you can choose to specialize in tourism, translation, economics, international trade etc
The name of it is Applied Foreign Languages ^^

_Kihyo_:

Well you have the three first years with pretty much everything but in different languages, and then you can choose to specialize in tourism, translation, economics, international trade etc
The name of it is Applied Foreign Languages ^^

Ooh Okay. I'll look into it! Thanks!

@MyDramaObsession

Got it! Thanks!