GOOD JOB FRANCE!!!! I'M GLAD THEY WON THIS TOURNAMENT!!!! 2018 WORLD CUP HELP IN 2018 REMINDS ME OF THAT OF 1998 WORLD CUP THAT FRANCE WON IN THE SAME COUNTRY!!!! SORRY CROATIANS FOR LOSING THE WORLD CUP, BUT YOU'D BETTER TRY LUCK NEXT TIME!!!

wow its just wow good job France

Hotsushi-kun:

I still choose France to win, because i am scared about that Croatia would become the one of the coolest nation in the world due to Croatia being strong at football and that Croats would get more attention that we, Serbs, are.

please grow up!

Guys. I think I'm gonna go to the Euros in 2020. Who's in?

What a world cup. Great drama. Fantastic goals.

I think VAR is still hit or miss but it's always going to be controversial when using referee judgement.  

I picked France to win at the beginning and I should've actually put money down at the bookies. :\

Once Pogba scored, I knew that was game. Right foot, Left foot and in.

Croatia played hard and they just have to look at what France did two years ago when they lost in the final: Come back and finish your business.

Great games and good to see fans of the beautiful game on here. 

Congrats France, and well done to Croatia. Can’t wait for 2026 when my country along with Mexico and the United Sates will be hosting it. 

NightTraveller:

Congrats France, and well done to Croatia. Can’t wait for 2026 when my country along with Mexico and the United Sates will be hosting it. 

I'm excited for 2026 too cause I'm Canadian too loll. But I heard that only the group stage games will be held in Canada. The major ones will be held in USA. But still excited and maybe I'll go watch a game if its happening in Toronto.

Today's game was good. Im sad Croatia lost but France were good from the start of world cup so can't complain. They lost Euro cup in 2016 even though they were a better team so I guess they deserved this world cup. Maybe Croatia will win the next world cup or euro cup. Croatia was wonderful throughout the tournament. As someone said above the VAR is a hit or miss and depends on the referee and I agree.

This was a good discussion thread.

sun_wukong:

I'm excited for 2026 too cause I'm Canadian too loll. But I heard that only the group stage games will be held in Canada. The major ones will be held in USA. But still excited and maybe I'll go watch a game if its happening in Toronto.

Today's game was good. Im sad Croatia lost but France were good from the start of world cup so can't complain. They lost Euro cup in 2016 even though they were a better team so I guess they deserved this world cup. Maybe Croatia will win the next world cup or euro cup. Croatia was wonderful throughout the tournament. As someone said above the VAR is a hit or miss and depends on the referee and I agree.

This was a good discussion thread.

What up my fellow Canadian :-)

If there are any games in Toronto I’ll be there as well. If I have time I’ll also swing by the States and see a few matches.

I know there’s a lot of debate around the VAR penalty, but I think even without the VAR, France would have still won. Anyway, Croatia did really well, and perhaps they’ll win the next World Cup.

Ah, it's over. What am I going to do with my life now? (Hint: Watch more dramas :D)

Anyway, it's been a very satisfying World Cup with lots of cracking games and surprises. Nice thread, too. Thanks, guys. It's been a pleasure.

Ceki:

please grow up!

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SOMEONE FOR FINALLY SAYING THIS

Oh yeah, i am looking foward to the 2020 European Cup which will be hosted 6 different countries. Also excited for 2022 World Cup which will be hosted by Qatar, i have Al Jazeera channel which airs 101 East from serveral asia current affairs (it also includes South Korea).

Thanks everybody for the congrats and the fairplayness :D ! I'm in Paris this month to see some familly so I was able to enjoy a LOT of celebrations those past two days. Everybody is super happy and enjoys the victory a lot. Croatians were very good, especially in first part of the game but I guess it wasn't meant to be this time. lets meet again in 2020 !!

Hotsushi-kun:

Oh yeah, i am looking foward to the 2020 European Cup which will be hosted 6 different countries. Also excited for 2022 World Cup which will be hosted by Qatar, i have Al Jazeera channel which airs 101 East from serveral asia current affairs (it also includes South Korea).

really 6 countries? Interesting too for World Cup 2022 cause it will be happen on Winter.

NightTraveller:
If there are any games in Toronto I’ll be there as well. If I have time I’ll also swing by the States and see a few matches.

Yes I'll probably go watch a game if it's in Toronto and the US if it's close by.

True, even without the VAR France would have won. The first goal was scored by Mandzukic in their own net loll. But in general VAR is debatable and it depends on the referee.

For me Croatia was the true winner, even though France won, because they were considered nobodys at the beginning of the games and then they reached the finals which was amazing.

Artoria_Pendragon:
World Cup 2022 cause it will be happen on Winter.

I just checked this out and you're right, they're gonna happen from november 21 to december 18, 2022. This is weird but since it's hot there it makes sense. Guess I'll be watching the games while it's snowing outside -- which sounds a bit exciting.

Artoria_Pendragon:

really 6 countries? Interesting too for World Cup 2022 cause it will be happen on Winter.

i just browse and Euro 2020 will be held on 12 cities from 12 countries.. wow Daebak..

sun_wukong:

Yes I'll probably go watch a game if it's in Toronto and the US if it's close by.

True, even without the VAR France would have won. The first goal was scored by Mandzukic in their own net loll. But in general VAR is debatable and it depends on the referee.

For me Croatia was the true winner, even though France won, because they were considered nobodys at the beginning of the games and then they reached the finals which was amazing.

I just checked this out and you're right, they're gonna happen from november 21 to december 18, 2022. This is weird but since it's hot there it makes sense. Guess I'll be watching the games while it's snowing outside -- which sounds a bit exciting.

yes i'm excited too and really curious how about all European League (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1) schedule will be happen cause this..