Homemade Parmesan Chicken and fresh angel-hair tossed with olive oil and Truffle Zest.   I just love this truffle zest.   It makes the world a better place! :P

I made broccoli and tofu in a honey garlic sauce tonight. The stuff all of you have been making sounds so interesting! I will soon be back with the strangest ingredients and combinations I can find. 

Ash Wednesday Red Lentil Soup (adapted from a recipe I found in a magazine)

1 medium onion, chopped

Olive oil or butter enough to sauté onion in

1 can chopped tomatoes (14 oz)

1 ½ cups dry red lentils

1 can vegetable broth

3-5 handfuls of cubed carrots, potatoes, and parsnips (I substituted sweet potato for the parsnips)

¼ clove of garlic (dh is picky and I had to omit)

1 squeeze tomato paste

Salt to taste

(I added some kicky spices to it)

Lemon juice

Sour cream

Parsley

Sauté the chopped onion in butter or oil in your soup pot.  Add garlic if you like.  Stir in the tomatoes, 3 empty cans of water, vegetable broth and the red lentils.  Sprinkle in a healthy pinch of salt.  Add cubed veggies and tomato paste.

Cover, and bring to a boil.  Reduce to a low heat and cook for another 20 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are soft.  Serving options include a squeeze of lemon juice, parsley, and/or sour cream.

Tastier than I thought it would be.  :)

edit--Felt like I was damning it with faint praise earlier.  It was good.  And even better tonight.:)

Potato/cauliflower/leek soup tonite.  Not feeling so hot, so luckily I had in freezer. 

Schmetterling:
Ash Wednesday Red Lentil Soup (adapted from a recipe I found in a magazine)

1 medium onion, chopped

Olive oil or butter enough to sauté onion in

1 can chopped tomatoes (14 oz)

1 ½ cups dry red lentils

I also had lentils for dinner, the classic Greek type of them, with onions, tomato, garlic, and similar spices to "Stifado". 

Also had some great salad, cause someone in my house actually bought spinach at last, and I love everything with spinach.

Now it's after midnight & I'm terribly hungry, after a binge watch of YT videos with "People's reaction to Greek food" etc, f*** YT and it's recommendations, lol!! The last one I watched has food similar to what we usually eat here (maybe you'll get some ideas on what to cook, you can ask me on any of these recipes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWF17j8AdA

Parsley scrambled eggs on multigrain bread, which I fried in butter and dark chocolate balsamic vinegar. 

I made a traditional swedish meal: meatballs, potatoes, lingonberry and swedish brown sauce. 

Turkish cuisine. Went to a Turkish Restaurant with my coworkers. Just got back. It was nice.

beef, taco seasoning packet, sweet potato puree and brown rice

Made Korean Japchae - turned out yummy.   Been meaning to try it for awhile but had to get the noodles.    Here's a video incase anyone interested  Video

JoanneSmith:

Made Korean Japchae - turned out yummy.   Been meaning to try it for awhile but had to get the noodles.    Here's a video incase anyone interested  Video

I checked on-line for Amazon to find the noodles.  Been meaning to give it a try myself.  Ours would have to be vegan due to dh's dietary needs, but I thought it still might be worth tweaking and giving a shot.  :)

Schmetterling:

I checked on-line for Amazon to find the noodles.  Been meaning to give it a try myself.  Ours would have to be vegan due to dh's dietary needs, but I thought it still might be worth tweaking and giving a shot.  :)

the noodles are made with 100% sweet potato starch. Here's the noodles I bought from Amazon:  Here   And the dish could be made just as tastily with shitake or portobello mushrooms instead of beef IMO.   

JoanneSmith:

the noodles are made with 100% sweet potato starch. Here's the noodles I bought from Amazon:  Here   And the dish could be made just as tastily with shitake or portobello mushrooms instead of beef IMO.   

That was my thought as well.  Mushrooms in place of the meat.    Thanks for the link!  :)

Husband is working late so it's always an easy-peasy mealtime for me.  He bought a bag of frozen mangos awhile back mistaking it for pineapple.  He doesn't like mangos.  Hmmmm….time for Nice Cream.  :)

(About the only time I crave real ice cream is when my inner child demands it after a crappy doctor appointment)

Tonight I took the frozen mangos, a little almond milk, a little water, a little sugar and blended the heck out of the ingredients and it made a sweet, smooth Mango Nice Cream.  Not calorie free but healthier than the real deal.

I usually keep frozen banana chunks I make in the freezer for smoothies.  They also make really good Nice Cream with added vanilla or chocolate, or strawberries.  Most of the time I just add some water so that it will blend and they always turn out fine and give us a little somethin' somethin' for dessert when we want it.  I know some people freeze the mixture then scoop it out, but we just dump it out of the blender into bowls.  It's gone before it has a chance to melt.  :)

Wishing you all a great weekend!

currently gurgling away - coconut milk, butternut squash puree, brown rice, chicken with curry powder (coriander, turmeric, mustard, cumin, fenugreek, paprika, cayenne, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves)

a cheery yellow color :)