red lentils called out to me! ;)

meal waiting/gurgling away - taco seasoning packet, riced sweet potato, sweet potato puree and chicken with red lentil penne

a very rusty colored meal hmm

I didnt have anything at home so it just became riceballs with seaweed and some sauces to dip in

My son called today and asked, "what's for dinner?"  I told him red beans and rice.  "Yum!"  Not so fast, red beans without sausage and garlic in it.  "So the most basic form of red beans."  Pretty much.  I didn't have bell peppers so I swapped out green chiles.  I did use Cajun seasoning which may have garlic, but that's a secret. At least I can say I didn't add any garlic cloves if my garlic hating husband asks (the guy who loves Ranch dressing, pizza, spaghetti with almost any sauce and lasagna-all containing garlic).  Still working on the veggie.  Thinking it will be roasted carrots as they are about all of the fresh veggies I have left in the frig or maybe the bag of mixed veggies from the freezer.  I have two pieces of cornbread thawing from the freezer to go along with all of it.  Basically, an easy-peasy dinner.  

I made a salad with lettuce, rocket leaves, dill, tomato, pickled baby cucumber, walnuts, dried figs, raisins, flaked almonds, and athotiro cheese (a local very soft low fat white cheese made out of sheep milk & whey), dressed with light mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and petimezi (grape juice syrup-concentrated grape must-this is a local product we make ourselves every year from our own wine grapes). 

It was in between a salad and a desert but I didn't mind at all, it was delicious!! :)

Baked salmon (in a lemon, garlic, and parsley sauce) with asparagus and mushrooms all in one pan for dinner. Was a hit with the family + minimal clean up = win win situation :)

Pizza rolls (noticed how pizza rolls aren’t really rolls but squares lol)

Burgers stuffed with blue cheese. 

I made homemade cubed radish kimchi, and planning on making some kimbap a little later.

Steamed dumplings, jasmine rice, and sautéed  Asian veggies w/Thai basil. 

*raises hand* question to more experienced

if i add garlic and cumin to unsweetened coconut milk then add chickpea pasta will this combo taste almost like hummus do you think?

last i made 6 hard boiled eggs i ate pretty quickly. again today ate 6. probably not that good for me?

eightocci:

*raises hand* question to more experienced

if i add garlic and cumin to unsweetened coconut milk then add chickpea pasta will this combo taste almost like hummus do you think?

last i made 6 hard boiled eggs i ate pretty quickly. again today ate 6. probably not that good for me?

If the unsweetened coconut milk is thick and has a yogurt consistency, then it will work. But I'm unfamiliar with the chickpea pasta substitute because you need chickpea not pasta. 

1 hard boiled egg is 78 calories x 6, that is 468 which is a meal (full meal is between 300 - 700 calories roughly), so not it isn't bad for you.

Dinner: Egg sandwich Dessert: Homemade Hotteok

Wandering_Queen:

Dinner: Egg sandwich Dessert: Homemade Hotteok

I just googled Hotteok and it seems like something I can easily make at home!! Maybe I'll try it soon & can finally claim I've eaten something Korean!!! :)