Cream sichu from yesterday :)

What about you?

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I ordered 10 pounds of French green lentils because that was the cheapest method and they will keep for at least two years.  No problemo.  Then about a month or two later I received another box with 10 pounds of French green lentils.  I called and they said it was a mistake-"Keep them, no charge."  That's great to get something for free but now I have 20 pounds of lentils.  XD

Long story short, we're having Lentil Veggie Soup (including bok choy, carrot, potato, onion, celery,  peppers, daikon).   Forgot to add we had the soup with our Southwestern version of a grilled cheese sandwich--A cheese quesadilla.  Dynamite combo on a cold day.   :)

Splurge day!  Turkey burger with grilled onions, Sweet Potato FF.  :)

Beef sukiyaki mum made me with vegetables, beef, tofu, konjak, added brown rice too and it was delicious :)

Sunday dinner - a traditional Sunday meal from my country that consists of chicken, gravy, peas, yorkshire pudding, mint sauce, vegetables and more (Plus it's my favourite meal in the world)

Steak with rice,miso soup, salad!

Kitsune udon

how about you?

have been ill. even drinking water makes me nauseous. i am able to keep things down thankfully. plan for today a mild mixture of chickpea rotini, unsweetened coconut milk, squeeze bottle vegetable stock concentrate. before i was able to eat lentil soup but tiny tip of spoon bites. i want to feel better please thank you. gatorade on the way hoping it tames headache. was able to shovel a path for amazon but it has since covered over. not like i can tell snow what to do!?

@eightocci oh no that sounds awful :( hope you feel better soon! 

Had some mushrooms and sour cream that were almost at their expiry date so whipped up some beef stroganoff linguine for dinner. Already have tacos planned for tomorrow night too. 

One of husband's favorite dinners-unseasoned pinto beans, buttered potatoes, boiled carrots.  I was a little afraid I'd come down with the Covid because it was so utterly tasteless.   I was making some granola with cashews and pecans and in response to the tasteless dinner threw some chocolate and white chocolate chips on top of the finished granola in the oven and let the chips melt and then mixed them in a little.  Mmmmm.. 

The Butterfly:
One of husband's favorite dinners-unseasoned pinto beans, buttered potatoes, boiled carrots.

Why not throw some tomato paste (or canned tomatoes) in that beans' pot, some olive oil (or butter, since you mentioned it) and throw the potatoes & carrots in, along with some onions, and let them cook that way? I bet the whole thing would be tastier, even if only seasoned with salt & pepper!

We had peas in lemon, with carrots, onions & herbs! :)

Also a little leftover yiouverlakia from Sunday lunch. But for the latter one I've got to admit, even if I love my mum's cooking, I prefer my ex-mother-in-law's recipe! Here's one that resembles it: https://www.kopiaste.org/2008/01/giouvarlakia-soup/

Estelll:

Why not throw some tomato paste (or canned tomatoes) in that beans' pot, some olive oil (or butter, since you mentioned it) and throw the potatoes & carrots in, along with some onions, and let them cook that way? I bet the whole thing would be tastier, even if only seasoned with salt & pepper!

We had peas in lemon, with carrots, onions & herbs! :)

Also a little leftover yiouverlakia from Sunday lunch. But for the latter one I've got to admit, even if I love my mum's cooking, I prefer my ex-mother-in-law's recipe! Here's one that resembles it: https://www.kopiaste.org/2008/01/giouvarlakia-soup/

Do not get me started! XD  I usually make beans with a variety of spices, herbs, onions, and depending on what's available or my mood veggies and tomatoes.    Because beans and lentils are a staple of our diet I am always trying creative ways to make them interesting.  DH does not care for salt, dislikes garlic, and can handle a modicum of heat.  He grew up on beans and boiled buttered potatoes (cooked separately) so that tastes like home to him.  For him it would have been a perfect meal if we'd had buttermilk and cornbread to go with it.  Every once in awhile I humor him.  When I do I usually throw some sriracha sauce on my beans and chop up some herbs or chives to put on the potatoes as desired but I was in a hurry tonight and didn't do it.  Bland with a capital B.  Shows my love for him. ♡ 

vegan 순두부찌개 (sundubu-jjigae)! 

i love cooking korean food, but i’m vegan so i modify traditional recipes to be vegan. 

The Butterfly:
Do not get me started! XD I usually make beans with a variety of spices, herbs, onions, and depending on what's available or my mood veggies and tomatoes. Because beans and lentils are a staple of our diet I am always trying creative ways to make them interesting. DH does not care for salt, dislikes garlic, and can handle a modicum of heat. He grew up on beans and boiled buttered potatoes (cooked separately) so that tastes like home to him. For him it would have been a perfect meal if we'd had buttermilk and cornbread to go with it. Every once in awhile I humor him. When I do I usually throw some sriracha sauce on my beans and chop up some herbs or chives to put on the potatoes as desired but I was in a hurry tonight and didn't do it. Bland with a capital B. Shows my love for him. ♡

Oh, I know you do, and I know your cooking is great!! ♡ ♡ ♡ 

I only mentioned it because it's funny that these 3 things (4 if you count butter) would taste so much better if cooked together, lol, with just a little water in a sealed pot, even if unseasoned!! It's the magic of cooking!! :)

I actually like potatoes even if just boiled as a base for like a million foods, for starters you can use them for a great salad. 

And when I was a university student far from home & with little money & time in my hands, I usually tossed them alone roughly cut in a pan in the mini-oven, drizzled with olive oil, oregano & what little spices I owned, and 2 fingers of water. When cooked, I juiced a lemon "stolen" from a neighbours' tree over them & enjoy (or whatever citrus fruit that was, I wasn't always sure when they were still green, LMAO!!)!! ^_^  (Yeah, I'm a baked/grilled/roasted/oven cooked potato person much more than fried)

Estelll:
only mentioned it because it's funny that these 3 things (4 if you count butter) would taste so much better if cooked together, lol, with just a little water in a sealed pot, even if unseasoned!! It's the magic of cooking!! :)

Preaching to the choir sister! :D But that's how his mama did it so it's gospel. 

DH loves potatoes.  Often he will take lentil or bean or butternut squash soup to work with him and a potato.  He cooks the potato (white or sweet)  in the microwave there, splits it, heats the soup up and pours it over the potato.  That man would eat potato soup over a potato and be happy.  I'm not as crazy about them but I do enjoy roasted potatoes (tossed in olive oil with herbs).  And fried chicken needs mashed potatoes and gravy to go with it in this neck of the woods. Jaegerschnitzel with potato croquettes, peas with ham and onion, is awfully good, too.  I miss good German food.

The dinner you had tonight sounds delightful!  Does your mom know you prefer your ex-MIL's or do you stay quiet about that? ;)