What's the last book you read?

This discussion has been closed.

"Frankly in Love" by David Yoon - a bittersweet, coming-of-age story with a good dose of romance featuring a Korean American protagonist.

Holy Envy-Barbara Brown Taylor

Loved this book and my best friend for recommending it.  :)

Know My Name-Chanel Miller

Chanel writes about her experience as being the "drunk  girl" raped behind the dumpster by Brock Turner.  She is brutally honest, courageous, and resilient.  Her victim impact statement was shared millions of times.  Now she has written her story.  Highly recommend for an insight into how the judicial system treats victims and the courage it takes to enter into that arena seeking justice.

The Last by Hannah Jameson

The start was really good and page turning but it dragged on for so long and the ending wasn’t meaningful or anything. Time wasted, don’t read  :)

The Family Clausul by Jonas Hassen Khemiri

It's about the responsibilities a child gets over the family when their parents becomes old and how to handle life when the daily tasks gets too much. It's great, one of my best reads and I recommend it to anyone that enjoys reading about the relations we have with each other! I really related to it and I feel like a lot of others will to (it's a best seller in Sweden but relatively unknown in the rest of the world) 

Also read Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones not that long ago. It was a favorite of mine when I was younger so It was nice to return to the characters once more. 

One of the best books for children, recommend it to anyone that wants to read something magical and fascinating. (It's fantasy, but not Harry Potter-esque: A bit slower but still just as lovely.)

Yesterday I finished 'Sputnik Sweetheart' by Haruki Murakami. It's about this really complex  woman and her best friend, who is in love with her, and how she falls in love with another woman. just as complex. It's a beautifully written book but I wouldn't recommend it for people that don't like open/unexplained narratives, the second part is really open to interpretation, its mystery can't be fully answered I guess (not even the author seems to have an answer tbh).

No death, No fear-Thich Nhat Hanh

Still trying to wrap my head around this book.

Asleep - Banana Yoshimoto

Gifts of the Crow-How Perception, Emotion, and Thought Allow Smart Birds to Behave Like Humans.  ---John Marzluff and Tony Angell

I've been adopted by a murder of crows so this was an interesting read.  But instead of the dead snake dropped at my feet as a gift I'd rather have a shiny object bestowed upon me.  :)

I Asked For Wonder-Abraham Heschel

I finished Tian Guan Ci Fu (Heaven Official's Blessing) by MXTX and started Scum Villain's Self-Saving System.

I've also been stuck on A Column of Fire by Ken Follett for months now. Loved the first two books but this one is slooooow. Dude is in his 80s though so the fact that he's still publishing books is an achievement in itself.

ownes:

Yesterday I finished 'Sputnik Sweetheart' by Haruki Murakami. It's about this really complex  woman and her best friend, who is in love with her, and how she falls in love with another woman. just as complex. It's a beautifully written book but I wouldn't recommend it for people that don't like open/unexplained narratives, the second part is really open to interpretation, its mystery can't be fully answered I guess (not even the author seems to have an answer tbh).

I love Murakami and I have this one on my list for future reads! I'm reading Killing Commendatore right now and I just love his way of adding mystery and magic around everything he writes. One of my favorite writers for sure. 

Starsight by Brandon Sanderson  :o)

Wrapped up Changeling by Yasmine Galenorn and promptly started Darkling by Yasmine Galenorn. 

The books are part of her Otherworld series. I'm doing a reread up until where I had stopped before and then I want to finish the rest of the series.