Suggestion!

Is it possible if there's any related music documentary shows/movies by adding artist's albums/tracks involved only from the medium itself? Just for the main host/lead only

Putting the album/tracks as substitute on original work section. Ie. upcoming documentary movie, SUGA: Road to D-DAY with upcoming album: D-DAY when it's finally released?

Krystale Mitaesa:

Suggestion!

Is it possible if there's any related music documentary shows/movies by adding artist's albums/tracks involved only from the medium itself? Just for the main host/lead only

Putting the album/tracks as substitute on original work section. Ie. upcoming documentary movie, SUGA: Road to D-DAY with upcoming album: D-DAY when it's finally released?

Well technically it's possible if there's any way to retrieve this information. I just checked SUGA: Road to D-DAY page but the only information I can find is that it has Documentary and Music as genres. It's not enough info to know it's linked to a specific album. And i can't really check the synopsis as the wording might vary depending on who wrote it.

Options:
- You have a source with this information. Please let me know which one so I can grab the data there!
- We can create a "community" list/file which will reference all titles and data it need. I will not do that part but i'll explain how to format it so anyone can contribute to this and i'll grab the data in my userscript.

Alright, for that one: do I need the music library platforms for provided pieces of information or direct music streaming platforms (ie. Spotify, Apple Music etc.)?

Mio:
But I think I can make an alternative via a list, for example you create a list with the people you want the anniversaries from, then the userscript can notify you when today is the anniversary of a person on that list. If you're interested, I can look more into it :)

please do, it sounds pretty good

Mio:
But I should be able to monitor comments you make while having the userscript active and show them somewhere. And it could work if you find old comments you made, the script could retrieve them and save them. I need to look more into this but please let me know what you guys think of this option?

omg yes pleaseee

Mio:
I would also love to see all my comments, I really searched through the site but I can't find this data at all. The most I could find is retrieving comments on a specific title.

But I should be able to monitor comments you make while having the userscript active and show them somewhere. And it could work if you find old comments you made, the script could retrieve them and save them. I need to look more into this but please let me know what you guys think of this option?

That would be a dream tbh! How would finding the old comments work though? Would we have to submit it in or just finding that page is enough? 

I really would like to have the option to see past comments with the script.

Krystale Mitaesa:

Alright, for that one: do I need the music library platforms for provided pieces of information or direct music streaming platforms (ie. Spotify, Apple Music etc.)?

Alright for which one? Haha
I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, but I think it would be easiest to display information from Discogs or a Spotify album if you want to be able to listen to the album directly in MDL. I'll need to think on how to implement this, but I think it would be great to add this feature for everything, such as the opening and ending themes of a drama.

Soju:

That would be a dream tbh! How would finding the old comments work though? Would we have to submit it in or just finding that page is enough? 

Just visiting a title's page would be enough. I'm thinking either adding a button "Grab my comments" or just automatically look for them when visiting the page long enough. Another option could be to simply create a form "Import comments from a title", you put the link of a page and it fetches all your comments. I don't know what you would prefer. Either way it's gonna take some efforts on the user's part to find all their comments.

Also since it's gonna be saved on your computer (in your browser's storage), it won't ideal to fetch ALL your MDL history depending on how long you've been a member (and how much you comment). Let's say for around 10,000 average comments it should take 1GB.

hi! i was wondering if i could access it?

kiyois back scrubber:

hi! i was wondering if i could access it?

DM sent :)

oh that's a great idea!
it would be either to each dramas/movies: ost album or the least can do, OP & ED to each mediums
then, as for music documentary shows/movies: if there's relation to the artists as lead, album would be suffice. alright

Mio:
Just visiting a title's page would be enough. I'm thinking either adding a button "Grab my comments" or just automatically look for them when visiting the page long enough. Another option could be to simply create a form "Import comments from a title", you put the link of a page and it fetches all your comments. I don't know what you would prefer. Either way it's gonna take some efforts on the user's part to find all their comments.

Also since it's gonna be saved on your computer (in your browser's storage), it won't ideal to fetch ALL your MDL history depending on how long you've been a member (and how much you comment). Let's say for around 10,000 average comments it should take 1GB.

I think I prefer both options tbh. It gives variety to all different sorts of people. If someone doesn't want to go and open all those 200  titles, they can use option two. But if someone just has 20 titles, they can visit those pages and click on the button ^^ Whichever you think is most efficient, I'm just happy you're thinking of making it work some how <3 

Hi, can I have access to the script please? 

Hey Mio!!

Another suggestion popped up in my head while I was roaming around here. You know how people make public lists? Yeah well some of them are very useful, but there is literally no space or way to save or bookmark them on MDL itself. If that could be a possible feature, it would be great!

Ruth:

Hi, can I have access to the script please? 

Sending you a DM :)

Soju:

Hey Mio!!

Another suggestion popped up in my head while I was roaming around here. You know how people make public lists? Yeah well some of them are very useful, but there is literally no space or way to save or bookmark them on MDL itself. If that could be a possible feature, it would be great!

Soju, you're literally reading my mind! I was thinking the same thing yesterday and did it this morning! I'm just still wondering where to show the saved lists... Any idea?

Mio:

Sending you a DM :)

Soju, you're literally reading my mind! I was thinking the same thing yesterday and did it this morning! I'm just still wondering where to show the saved lists... Any idea?

OMG Mio! You're the absolute best!! I read you can't create new pages, so maybe in the "Custom List" Page?  Just maybe add a feature to be able to filter either/or seperately see saved lists from created lists! That would work out great! And maybe allow gallery view if possible otherwise it'll be a longgg line of saved and created lists ^^' What do you think?