カトゥーン

KAT-TUN is a Japanese boy band formed by Johnny & Associates (Johnny's) in 2001. The group's name is an acronym based on the first letter of each member's family name until the departure of Jin Akanishi in 2010. As of 2010, KAT-TUN stands for Kazuya KAmenashi, Junnosuke Taguchi, Koki Tanaka, Tatsuya Ueda, and Yuichi Nakamaru. Their debut on March 22, 2006 was marked by a tripartite release of a CD single, album and music DVD on their exclusive record label J-One Records. Since then, all of their single, album and music DVD releases have debuted at number one on the Oricon music and DVD charts.

Current members

Kazuya Kamenashi (亀梨 和也) (born February 23, 1986)
Junnosuke Taguchi (田口 淳之介) (born November 29, 1985)
Koki Tanaka (田中 聖) (born November 5, 1985)
Tatsuya Ueda (上田 竜也) (born October 4, 1983)
Yuichi Nakamaru (中丸 雄一) (born September 4, 1983)

Former member

Jin Akanishi (赤西 仁) (born July 4, 1984)

Discography:

Studio albums:

-2006: Best of KAT-TUN
-2007: Cartoon KAT-TUN II You
-2008: KAT-TUN III: Queen of Pirates
-2009: Break the Records: By You & For You
-2010: No More Pain
-2012: Chain

Singles:

-2006: "Real Face"
-2006: "Signal"
-2006: "Bokura no Machi de"
-2007: "Yorokobi no Uta"
-2007: "Keep the Faith"
-2008: "Lips"
-2008: "Don't U Ever Stop"
-2008: "White X'mas"
-2009: "One Drop"
-2009: "Rescue"
-2010: "Love Yourself (Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki)"
-2010: "Going!"
-2010: "Change Ur World"
-2011: "Ultimate Wheels"
-2011: "White"
-2011: "Run For You"
-2011: "Birth"

There is a thread asking for KAT-TUN fans (here) but there isn't an actual discussion thread for them. So I made one (:

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY! I love Koki :D

My favorite songs are Real Face, Keep the Faith, Don't U Ever Stops, and Ultimate Wheels. I also love Koki's solo songs.

Pierrot

Make U Wet

Parasite

I love them *Q* Though Junno is my least fav.. He's somewhat annoying XD
they're my fave JE group :)

BTW, I think they were the first ones to have a thread in this forum, hehe: http://mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?218-KAT-TUN-fans-anyone&highlight=kat-tun

maybe skye can merge these.
Kawaikochan wrote: they're my fave JE group :)

BTW, I think they were the first ones to have a thread in this forum, hehe: http://mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?218-KAT-TUN-fans-anyone&highlight=kat-tun

maybe skye can merge these.

Well I mentioned that (: But it's not an actual discussion thread for them but a thread asking for fans and stating your favorite member and why they're your favorite member. Which is why I made this thread
This one feels a bit more open ended so that we can discuss everything :)
.. #iLovethem ;) <3<3 !
I love these boys...AHEM...men!!! Kame is my ichiban! I'm using them as an example in a presentation for my class next week, lol.
Crazy4You wrote: Well I mentioned that (: But it's not an actual discussion thread for them but a thread asking for fans and stating your favorite member and why they're your favorite member. Which is why I made this thread

Sry, i missed this when i read your post this morning, i was supposed to be getting ready for work and not reading MDL, lol. If they're not merged, does that give me an excuse to do the 100Q question post again? hehe

Anyway, <3<3<3s for them and question: do you guys think that Kat-tun has the greatest western cross over appeal out of all the JE groups?
Kawaikochan wrote: Sry, i missed this when i read your post this morning, i was supposed to be getting ready for work and not reading MDL, lol. If they're not merged, does that give me an excuse to do the 100Q question post again? hehe

Anyway, <3<3<3s for them and question: do you guys think that Kat-tun has the greatest western cross over appeal out of all the JE groups?

Ohh it's okay (: And hahaha MDL is that distracting :p
And I say...anything KAT-TUN related goes in this thread :p The other thread I didn't feel was really a thread to post everything related to the group but to basically answer the questions in the first post.

And for the question....I think out of all the JE groups I've heard they do have the best potential - and popularity. But when I think about it I'm not sure about how successful they'd be if they did make a debut in the States, though. When I think about it, I can't see Jpop getting as much popularity yet. Kpop is slowly getting though and has a better chance, but Jpop has a different sound and I'm not sure how appealing it'd be to the majority unless they're already familiar and like Jpop.

Or did I misunderstand the question? Haha I do that sometimes
You understood it perfectly! and I totally agree. I asked the question because I've heard/read the same things you have, and although I really like them, idk if they'd really be successful in the USA (i'm curious what people from other countries think). I think it has a lot to do with their sound, their image, and the fact that they are not from an English speaking country.

In the interest of full disclosure, i'm not the biggest fan of their music, but I do like some if their stuff, particularly remixes they've done.
Kawaikochan wrote: You understood it perfectly! and I totally agree. I asked the question because I've heard/read the same things you have, and although I really like them, idk if they'd really be successful in the USA (i'm curious what people from other countries think). I think it has a lot to do with their sound, their image, and the fact that they are not from an English speaking country.

In the interest of full disclosure, i'm not the biggest fan of their music, but I do like some if their stuff, particularly remixes they've done.

I think so, too. And I agree with that, too. They're not the best English speakers and their music is a lot different in sound when you compare it to current American pop music. Asia is all for the boy bands and girl groups and the pop groups in general. I don't think that America is exactly "ready" for Jpop. Maybe in the future - it'd be great if it were a possibility. But as I mentioned above, Kpop is slowly getting more popular in the states - and when it comes down to it, Korean stuff is easier to come by for one, and it's also advertised a lot better. Also comparing in sound - it's different, but there's some songs I can see being played on radio stations. Jpop on the other hand isn't advertised as much, it's harder to find music videos compared to Kpop ones. The company's also take down many Jpop music videos on Youtube - and I've yet to see any in the most featured videos. I think it's a shame, really, but it's almost like Japan doesn't really want to spread it's music out like Kpop.

And I'm not the biggest KAT-TUN fan either, haha, but when it comes to Jpop they are definitely one of my favorite groups (: