So after the infamous (or not so infamous) hijacking of the L'Arc~En~Ciel single thread to discuss Hyde's hotness I have decided to make this thread. Anything goes. Wanna talk about your fav artist or group? You've found the right place. Looking for a particular song to suit your mood? Irasshaimase. Are you trying to learn how to play a particular song and need some advice? I only do piano and vocals, so idk if i'd be much help, but you're more than welcome to post it here. Want to rant about how any guy who plays the electric guitar gets 10+ hot points automatically? ...oh wait, is that just me? :-p Anyway, you get the point. Pull up a chair and let your fingers spew randomness regarding J-music (or anything J-related for that matter. I'm not really one to enforce rules, hehehe).

My first contribution:

Check out MONGOL800- 小さな恋のうた. I hear it may have been in a j-drama, but idk. I think they wold be really great live. This song kinda reminds me of punk bands that were so popular in my late elementary/middle school years circa 1999. J-pop and visual kei rock are really popular, but does anyone else like alternative j-rock?
oops just realized that was in japanese. The song is chiisana koi no uta by Mongol800.
YAY thanks Kawaikochan ^^ we needed this.
alternative hmmm i have to think, what's considered alternative..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Amwn-ELyc
I love j-rock and I'm gonna see DIR EN GREY live this year *___* Saw girugamesh earlier this year *___*
oh and I'm soooooo sad that D'espairsRay is disbanding D::::
thanks lady, i'll have to check out the video :) I know "alternative rock" is hard to define in japanese or any language hehehe. It's one of those things that is easier to recognize what it is not.

That's so cool Hava! How was the live show? I don't really know much about Dir En Grey, but girugamesh is so great! I love thier music and they seem like really cool guys in their interviews. People who you would want to hang out with in real life :)
girugamesh was awesome *___*
stacieknupke wrote: YAY thanks Kawaikochan ^^ we needed this.
alternative hmmm i have to think, what's considered alternative..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Amwn-ELyc

I really enjoyed the song, but I think I would have enjoyed that video if it was on mute, lol. The lead vocalist was giving off a "babushka joins insane clown posse" vibe that really cannot be argued with. Also I may start wearing cute cartoon characters on my butt.
I soooo wish that Nightmare would come to finland XD oh and SuG and THE KIDDIE and SID please XD
i would really love to see Miyavi, L'Arc-en-Ciel and MUCC live cause they're awesome, and Maximum the Hormone i think would put on a pretty good show.
ooh and Luna Sea since if i went with my brother in law i could maybe get backstage (@_@) i'd have to pretend to be a bigger fan than i am though. some of their songs i really like and some i will skip if they come up on shuffle lol
whenever i can afford to go to Japan i will have to make sure i arrange to be there when there's a concert i want to see. if i found out i just missed Myv or L'Arc by a day or something i'd be miserable the whole trip lol
lol it would seriously suck to be miss a live show. is your bro in law a musician, roadie, exec, all around cool person? I wondering what it would be like to experience Japanese fans. In the west, there's usually lots of noise and jumping/dancing at shows, and people use some overtly..*cough*creative*cough* ways to get backstage. I remember Girgumesh said they thought Japanese crowds were quieter.
MerilynMelo wrote: oh and I'm soooooo sad that D'espairsRay is disbanding D::::

What?! Really!? Thank god I have seen them live.. That would be heartbreaking.. I love them.
moftfrago wrote: i would really love to see Miyavi, L'Arc-en-Ciel and MUCC live cause they're awesome, and Maximum the Hormone i think would put on a pretty good show.
ooh and Luna Sea since if i went with my brother in law i could maybe get backstage (@_@) i'd have to pretend to be a bigger fan than i am though. some of their songs i really like and some i will skip if they come up on shuffle lol
whenever i can afford to go to Japan i will have to make sure i arrange to be there when there's a concert i want to see. if i found out i just missed Myv or L'Arc by a day or something i'd be miserable the whole trip lol

I have a group of friends just dieing to see Maximum the Hormone if they ever make it to US Soil soon. I recently got into them big time.
marthtrawick wrote: What?! Really!? Thank god I have seen them live.. That would be heartbreaking.. I love them.

i had a chance last year but back then i didn't listen them so much and i was busy with school D::