Oh please, please, please don't give me a lesson on a black and white opposition between enjoyment and quality. I get it, believe me. I know and do believe that one can, to a certain extent, judge the objective value of something, that everything is not completely relative. Yes, obviously. In fact, I'm in art school, so it's something I think about all. the. time. Does objective and universal beauty exist, can one assert the beauty of a piece just because you were subjectively moved by it, can art really be reduced to individual tastes etc etc etc??? It's not a question I have managed to answer with prefabricated concepts, but something I think about continually. So please, no lectures. 

And that's the thing: I wasn't talking about a drama being objectively good or bad. I was talking about you insulting others because they thought a drama you find terrible was a "masterpiece". Well. So what? What's your point?

I don't think Kill Me, Heal Me is a masterpiece, actually I have never thought a drama was a masterpiece, even my favorites -- I find that dramas have much less liberty, diversity and originality than films, and are too dependant on viewership to actually be masterpieces. But that's what I was trying to suggest in my first post, I don't look for the same thing in a drama as in a movie. No I'm no cinema expert, I have not been to "cinema school" as you so kindly suggest, but I have watched a lot, lot of movies from all parts of the world, and some pretty obscure ones.  But dramas are real popular culture, unlike at least half of the movies I watch, and sorry if I come across as elitist, but I judge them as such, with everything that implies. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy them. There's a pretty popular blog about dramas I love called dramabeans that sums up what I'm trying to say: "I started this site because I couldn’t find a site providing meaty (or any) analysis for K-dramas, a longtime guilty pleasure of mine. I enjoy marveling at the pretty as much as anyone, but also wanted to express appreciation for quality that didn’t automatically dismiss something for being popular. Or, on the flipside of that same coin, to discuss something popular that went beyond surface discussion of the plot or hot cast. (Although, let’s be honest! Hot cast = a nice bonus.)". Actually, I enjoy the irrationality that surrounds dramas: the impatience while watching a currently airing show, the fangirls that get so enthusiastic they call a drama a "masterpiece"... For me, it's part of the fun. Who cares if it's maybe the wrong word? So what if people get so implicated they get blinded? Really, what's the huge deal? I don't think you have to "disconnect your brain" to watch a drama, there are plenty of ways of using the brain, and they don't all imply logic :p (in fact, believe it or not, I do take logic classes - they're the worst!). Have a little faith in people, there's a 90% chance they use the strictly rational side of their brain for the most part of their day, be it at work, at school, reading good books... and hopefully even while watching a drama too, even if dramas are also entertainement. Being light and fun and perhaps a little silly occasionally doesn't imply being stupid. You can also have intelligent discussions about dramas, it's what I prefer, as long as they're not insulting...

Because honestly, who are you to be so condescending? 

- "One would actually think those are rather obvious facts but it is very obviously not the case and it’s THRILLING. (your comment is dripping of this confusion)
-"But I give you a cookie" (I'm not a baby or a pet or whatever you're implying)
- "the question here is if you use it while watching something or disconnect it. Which I assume you didn't in this case, considering you saw “no major plot holes”"
- "oh I don’t know you could go to a cinema school, to a writing school, the best places certainly, or even use internet the one with every answers"
- "Because yes, sweetheart" (nope)
- "yeah, In case it didn’t hit you yet, go to the liking/quality difference section" (yes I'm very thick, things need to HIT me to seep into my brain...)
- "Normally, if you got the difference you should see the sense in that sentence, if not well, go reread again, if not…I wonder if logic lessons could potentially be of help at that point." 
- "New obvious"

Yes, you disagree. For my part, if you didn't insult my intelligence every occasion you get, I would be much more open to what you say. I can be quite malleable, so maybe you would even convince me. But as soon as you attack people, there's a good chance you'll ruin the possibility of any discussion. 

That's what I was really answering to the first time, more than The Heirs and Kill Me, Heal Me or whatever drama. You constantly imply you are more intelligent than the people that like the drama, than the writers (I supposed the "they" in "as though they do not have the slightest idea how to use it" meant the writers), than me... Wow, that's a whole lot of people. I don't want to be moralising, but the people I really, really, really admire are people that somehow manage to know a lot of things without becoming cynical or condescending. There's a lot to be said about being nice and having a healthy sense of humour that doesn't fall into mockery. 

I guess this could go on forever, and it would become boring, petty and time-consuming, which it already has started to be. So I won't add anymore oil to the fire in this conversation, nor will I go torture myself "rewatching EACH episode while connecting it [my poor neglected brain] now" in order to find the infamous plot holes ψ`ー´)ノ. As I said at first, I (at least temporarily) dropped it, I won't inflict myself a show that bores me to the point of taking it out on other people that are enjoying it.

p.s: "What??..I’m afraid I did not understand what point there was supposed to be there". I was answering to this: "The real plot is the love triangle, a love triangle as classical as possible, wanting itself to be "original" only through a split personality....which isn't even original actually...."

p.p.s: if you really want to continue Kill Me, Heal Me, as I mentioned earlier, dramabeans always has reviews that manage to be smart and funny. Here's the link: http://www.dramabeans.com/tag/kill-me-heal-me/

p.p.p.s: most important of all, as @KiRa said, no hard feelings! At least not from my part and right now, after writing all that 
(*^∀゚)ъ
Well I enjoy it so far. I think it's great
I love how insulting the first post manages to be. It's delightful... Not.

It's fine that you didn't like the drama and did not understand its hype, but what's the point of calling others "brainless"? You may say it's just your opinion, but it is still a public verbal attack that is very, very condescending. If you want a true discussion, drop the arrogance.

I personally enjoyed Kill me, Heal me a lot, as it made me laugh quite a bit. Melodrama is almost never my thing, but Ji Sung is such an incredible actor that the role came to life for me. @Kim-Park-Lee summed up everything pretty well. Kudos, buddy.
LOL. This is just a drama, why put too much useless theory. KMHM made me laugh so hard. and I called it masterpiece because I had so much fun watching it. If you think I am brainless, well maybe I am, but at least I don't waste my time writting negative sentiment about a drama. I'm so happy being so blindly in love with KMHM.
I wish there were "like" buttons in the forum post. :)
"Only a drama"? "why put too much theory"? Isn't it a matter of "of course"? I think people just tend to say "masterpiece" way too easily to the point I'm unsure if they know what's even "good" anymore. You can say what's good for you, of course, but everybody seems to be failing to be objective about it. I know the feeling of enjoying a show to that point that you see nothing wrong with it, but however sometimes it's needed to put the biasery to a side when you have to give an opinion (or at least make a difference between personal opinion and what's really going on) and think "is it really THAT good?", "do these bad points manage to make up for the bad?" "would I enjoy it the same if I'd watch it a second or a third time?". I keep seeing people with lists full of 10s to the left and 10s to the right and I find it ouitrageous that most dramas on MDL have such high scores. They can't be 80%  all of 7 or all of 8. There is definitely something wrong there. I can't say I watched any "bad" drama besides KMHM up to this point, but I just watched like 3-4 dramas and I'm basing myself on knowledge I picked up from cinematography school and the experience I accumulated during the past years.I'm still a newbie in dramaland as of now and I do realize that I'm nobody to tell other people what to like and how to judge their stuff, I might be looking at it with a critic eye because of my formation, but I keep strong to my opinion that "masterpiece" is a word too many use lightly...and that's reffered to all types of media, not just drama. Anyway, PEACE! 
na I'm sorry but giving a 7 to Heirs and having enjoyed it  make your opinion totally invalid lol 

you're the brainless one dear ,stick to the basic stupid and cheap  rich boy-poor girl dramas <3 
Hello everyone! Forum moderator here! Just giving a warning that everyone needs to stop all of the name-calling. Original poster included. Not everyone will have the same opinion about a drama and there is no right or wrong opinion. :) Further insults will result in the closing of this thread. Peace! v^.^

My opinion on KMHM:
so far, I love it.
I think the only reason that KMHM is "overrated" or at least could be considered "overrated" is because there is another drama with a leading man with Dissociative Identity Disorder and that drama is tanking. KMHM may be benefiting slightly from the comparison.  

I think KMHM is an amazing opportunity for Ji Sung to show his range. He is such an amazing actor. He really shines in Comedy. He is able to move me in the serious moments too.
I think it is a great opportunity for HJE too. I am enjoying her performance. I think drama plays to her strengths but I want to see her in more comedies.
PSJ is great. I am looking forward to either seeing him confess or seeing him deciding not to confess his feelings for HJE's character.  
I love comedy and so far KMHM is delivering in that department. I love romance. For a romantic story to play well on screen, Chemistry is a 100% must have to be successful. The chemistry between all 3 main actors is wonderful!
Strangely both flashbacks and screaming in movies and tv are pet peeves of mine...In this case, I believe the flashbacks are vague on purpose. The writers do not want the viewers to know if Ri Jin, Do Hyun, or Ri On are, or are not, related until the end. The screaming has not bothered me a bit. I think they have done well with both. 
The ending is crucial. It often changes how I feel about the beginning and middle of a drama when re watching it. I am so enjoying this drama that I am expecting Good things. I hope they tie up the story well. 

@kdramasinpajamas (love the username by the way) I have been anticipating watching this drama for a while, due to all of the good things I hear about it.  I'm looking forward to marathoning the entire show! :)
The moment you start thinking your criteria of a good drama are the only valid ones, your opinion becomes invalid. I read the first post and just don't understand the use of implying people who like the drama are stupid. That's basically saying since you don't like it, anyone who sees it as great is dumb...humility doesn't hurt though...nor is it painful to express your opinion without belittling others'...
Anyways, Kill Me Heal Me is my favorite drama right now for many reasons.

I didn't really like kill me heal me. It could have been better I love a love triangle and I love the different personalities but sometimes it was just too much going on. Also the main lead girl was kind of annoying the only reason i finished this show was because it was funny sometimes wouldn't really reccomend this show. Also came from healer

It is a really poor script im my opinion. A shame.

All dramas I gave 10/10 rating are masterpiece for me. I don't care even if I'm the only one who watched the drama or I'm the only one who gave them 10 rating. I came across this post by accident and it baffles me how a person goes out of their way to ridicule a drama and people who like it just because she doesn't like it. You can just like and praise drama you like, why bother discrediting others as if your opinion holds the truth. There is no truth in any opinion. Because it's an opinion, not fact. 

JJChastity:

All dramas I gave 10/10 rating are masterpiece for me. I don't care even if I'm the only one who watched the drama or I'm the only one who gave them 10 rating. I came across this post by accident and it baffles me how a person goes out of their way to ridicule a drama and people who like it just because she doesn't like it. You can just like and praise drama you like, why bother discrediting others as if your opinion holds the truth. There is no truth in any opinion. Because it's an opinion, not fact. 

I really like to see both opinions. It could save my time. I agree that my opnion could be different. I like to see good points and bad points to filter what I priorize. I would like to see this post before to wast my time with this drama. But somone can save, or really like this, there are taste for everthing