hello,

Im a history enthusiast and I would like historical dramas to watch! Recently, I watched Mr.Sunshine, it was very superb! 

Trust:

Not sure if these are the dramas you are looking for. They are very different from Mr. Sunshine. 

Arang and the Magistrate (with Fantasy)

Gu Family Book (with Fantasy)

The Scholar Who Walks the Night  (with Fantasy)

The Tale of Nokdu 

The Princess' Man 

Sungkyunkwan Scandal 

My Only Love Song  (Time Travel) 

thank you! I will look into it

The above recommendations are all set at least 2-3 centuries ago, and that's the sort of era I assumed you meant by "historical" too. If you're looking for dramas dealing with more recent history, like Mr Sunshine , you might enjoy Different Dreams, Capital Scandal   from Korea. Mainland China also produces  A LOT of Dramas set in the first third of the 20th-century, so they might be of interest too.

Kdramas

• Chuno (aka Slave Hunters)
  • Shine or go crazy
  • Tree with Deep Roots
  • Road Number One - war related

Cdramas

• The King's Woman
  • Story of Min Lan

ditto:  Princess' Man

My only advice is to keep away from " The Crowned Clown" it is such a bad and boring one

Chinese Drama 

1. Oriental Dynasty 

2. Princess at Large ( one of my shortest dramas) 

3. Cinderalla Chef 

4. Once upon a time in Lingjian Mtn. 

5. Lovely loves swords 

Korean Drama 

1. 100 day My prince 

2. Dong Qi 

3. Tale of Nodku 

• The Tale of Nokdu
  • Kingdom (Netflix)
  • Haechi
  • The King and the Clown (Movie)

Are you looking for more historically accurate or more romance-themed dramas? Cause even though it's classified as historical there's still a lot of different focuses. I'll recommend a few that I don't see above and have different themes:

Rebel: Thief Who Stole The People
Empress Ki
Queen for Seven Days
Chicago Typewriter
The Bridal Mask
Dong Yi
Six Flying Dragons

I know you asked under the Korean sub, but I think you should check out historical dramas made by China as well. I would avoid the ones with an older release date as your first though (just in case of quality). So if you're interested I would recommend these:

Joy of Life
Battle of Changsha
Story of Yanxi Palace
Scarlet Heart
Nirvana in Fire
The Story of Ming Lan
Sparrow

China also has an additional genre to their historical and it's wuxia or xianxia. Definitely historically inaccurate, but some of these dramas are great to watch due to the world setting and aesthetics:

Eternal Love/Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms
Legend of Fu Yao
Ever Night

• Empress Ki
    • 51 eps but so worth it!! Never drags/gets boring. The FL is a QUEEN, a BOSS so cool :D I'd also say this is the worst love triangle ever because I CANT CHOOSE between the two male leads because they're both amazing in their own way :< Also, the costumes are GORGEOUS
  • Ruler: Master of the Mask
    • Interesting plot and c'mon Yoo Seung Ho as a crown prince YESS. Every character is unique/likeable in their own way (except the bad guy) and that makes things sadder.
  • Gu Family Book
    • Lots of good lessons; interesting right from the start with father's backstory. The idea of this drama is really interesting.
  • Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    • Great for fans of IU and good looking men LOL (Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Jisoo, Baekhyun from EXO, etc) They play princes. Also, if you know IU and Lee Joon Gi's friendship, it makes it so much more cute.

I really love historical dramas but these are the best ones!!

Kdrama:

Faith (Lee Min Ho, kinda sci fi)

Love in the Moonlight (romance)

Rooftop Prince (time travel)

• Sungkyunkwan Scandal 
  • Ruler: Master of the Mask
  • My Sassy Girl

Kdramas:

• Haechi
  • Six Dragons Flying (transition Goryeo and Joseon)
  • Rookie Historian
  • Tale Of Nokdu
  • Flower of Nokdu
  • The Crowned Clown
  • 100 Days My Prince
  • The Princess' Man
  • Jejoongwon (transition kdrama between Joseon and Japanese occupation) 1885-1915
  • Different Dreams (Japanese colonial rule)
  • Bridal Mask (Japanese colonial rule)

Chinese Drama 

• The Story of MingLan
  • Battle Of Changsha (2nd World War, against Japanese)

kor :

- dae jang geum

- empress ki

- moon that embraces the sun

- iljimae

- queen for seven days

chinese :

- 10 miles peach blossom (fantasy)

- scarlet heart

- story of yanxi palace

- princess weiyoung

- royal nirvana