F.T. Island, short for Five Treasured Island, is a five-member South Korean band. The members are Choi Jong Hun (guitar and keyboard), Lee Hongki (lead vocals) Lee Jae Jin (bass and vocals), Song Seung Hyun (guitar and vocals), and Choi Min Hwan (drums). Their debut album, titled "Cheerful Sensibility", was the sixth best-selling album in 2007. Their debut song "Lovesick" topped the K-Pop charts for eight consecutive weeks. Oh Won Bin was a member of the band up until the beginning of 2009. --Wikipedia[/URL]

[U]Members

Current
[LIST]
[*]Choi Jong Hun (최종훈), born March 7, 1990 (age 21), is the leader, as well as the lead guitarist, pianist and vocalist of the band.
[*]Lee Hongki[/URL] (이홍기), born March 2, 1990 (age 21), is the main vocalist and visual of the band.
[*]Lee Jae Jin (이재진), born December 17, 1991 (age 20), is the bassist and vocalist of the band.
[*]Song Seung Hyun (송승현), born August 21, 1992 (age 19), is the rhythm guitarist and the rapper of the band.
[*]Choi Min Hwan (최민환), born November 11, 1992 (age 19), is the drummer, and vocalist of the band.
[/LIST]
Former members
[LIST]
[*]Oh Won Bin (오원빈), born March 26, 1990 (age 21), was the rhythm guitarist and co-lead vocalist of the band.
[/LIST]

[U]Discography

Korean studio albums
[LIST]
[*]Cheerful Sensibility (2007)
[*]The Refreshment (2007)
[*]The One (2008)
[*]Colorful Sensibility Part 1 (2008)
[*]Colorful Sensibility Part 2 (2008)
[*]Jump Up (2009), EP
[*]Cross & Change vol.3 (2009)
[*]Double Date (2009)
[*]Beautiful Journey (2010) ? EP
[*]Return (2011) ? EP
[*]Memory in F.T. Island (2011) ? EP
[/LIST]

Japanese studio albums
[LIST]
[*]Prologue of F.T. Island: Soyogi (2008) ? EP
[*]So Long, Au Revoir (2009)
[*]I Believe Myself (2009)
[*]Raining (2009)
[*]Flower Rock (2010) ? EP
[*]Brand New Days (2010) ? EP
[*]So Today (2010) ? EP
[*]Satisfaction (2011) ? EP
[*]Five Treasure Island (2011)
[*]Let It Go (2011) ? EP
[/LIST]
Great band! I love their songs Hello Hello and Love Love Love.
I don't really like "Hello, Hello", but I loved watching people singing along to it in the 2011 MBC Gayo Daejun.

This was a collaboration between: Ft. Island, C.N. Blue, K.Will, 2PM & SuJu. It was after they had their New Year's countdown.

2011 SBS GD

Don't Cha Collaboration with F(x)

Their stage (Hello, Hello)
FT Island’s Hongki gets a new hairstyle

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120109_leehongki_11.jpg[/IMG]

FT Island lead vocal Lee Hongki shared a new close-up selca photo with his fans.

The singer shared the above photo via his official Twitter page on the 9th and wrote, “[I]Hair hint.

Hongki took the photo so that only his face would be revealed, hiding what seemed to be a new hairstyle. Lying in bed, he gave the camera a slight wink as well as a charming smile that melted the hearts of his fans.

Curious netizens who were teased by the photo remarked, “I think short hair would look good on you too” and “Show us the rest“.

In related news, FT Island garnered much attention for their colorful performance at the year-end award ceremonies.

Allkpop
Hey! im listening to FT Island as we speak ^_^ They have to be one of my favorite K-bands <3
I thinks he'll look cute with short hair. :)
I have been really interested in this group for awhile.. and I think that Lee Hong Ki is the reason, I was watching Immortal Song 2, big shocker there, and he was one of the singers, and his voice is amazing.. here is a video of a song he sang and won with:

They are my favorite Korean band. I've been listening to them for quite a while. Hong Ki is my favorite, of course. I really liked him in you're beautiful too. ;)
Oh FT Island is my favorite Korean band. They're great. :D
They're on of my fav Korean BANDS! Hong Ki has extra unique voice ~~
[U]C.N. Blue and F.T. Island to Hold Joint Concert in Los Angeles
[/URL]

wrote:
C.N. Blue and F.T. Island will hold a joint concert in Los Angeles!

Through CJ E&M's K-Pop concert brand, "M-Live," C.N. Blue and F.T. Island will hold their joint concert at the Nokia Theater on March 9.

This is the first time that C.N. Blue and F.T. Island will hold a joint concert together, therefore, the expectations are very high.

The Nokia Theater, where famous artists like Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, the Eagles, and Duran Duran, have performed, holds more than 7,000 seats, which will be filled with thousands of C.N. Blue and F.T. Island fans.

As two of the most well-known K-Pop artists out there, this concert can be looked forward to.

In 2007, F.T. Island was one of the first rock bands to debut in the music industry and was soon able to claim the #1 position on various music charts, nicknamed as the "Rookie Monster." After landing first place on the Japanese Oricon Chart and ranking #1 on music charts in several countries in Asia, F.T. Island became known as one of the top Asian artists in the world.

Even before their official debut in Korea, C.N. Blue held more than 100 concerts in Japan. Within five days after the release of their first album, they were able to claim the #1 spot on both music charts and album sales. Furthermore, C.N. Blue was able to make their name as one of the best-known artists through their Asia Tour. After selling more than 10,000 copies of their Japanese debut album, C.N. Blue was able to be recognized at the Golden Disk Awards, as well.

Not only are the two groups skilled in music, they’ve shown their various talents through dramas and movies, and their roles as MCs on music programs.

C.N. Blue and F.T. Island’s label FNC Music revealed, “Starting off with this concert in L.A, we plan to look more closely at their overseas expansions into Europe. We hope to show a good concert for the K-Pop fans.”

“Depending on how this concert turns out, we will start to actively support their expansions overseas,” promised CJ E&M.

Soompi
Why I must live in Finland atm ;___; Oh there says Europe ~~~~ THEY MUST COME TO FINLAND !!!
[U]FT Island unveils the album jacket cover for ?GROWN-UP?[/URL]

Band FT Island announced their comeback by unveiling the jacket cover for their new album, ?GROWN-UP?.

On January 26th, the boys released a press release revealing the new jacket photo for ?GROWN-UP?. On the album cover, the boys are holding instruments in their hands and are looking off into the distance, giving off a quiet, mysterious feel.

Going along with that concept, all the songs on their new album are slow-tempoed rock-ballad tracks. The boys who have received much praise for their talents with song like ?Hello Hello? and ?Like The Birds? in 2011 will give further evidence to their audience that they have grown and matured as musicians.

Their agency FNC Music confidently remarked, ?This may be their best album yet, as by hearing the rock ballad tracks, fans will be able to experience how much they boys have matured musically.?

The album drops on January 31st, stay tuned to allkpop for updates!

Source & Image: Han Kyung via Nate (Allkpop)
[U]F.T. Island reveals full MV for ?Severely?[/URL]

F.T. Island is back with a dramatic MV for ?Severely?, the title track to their new mini-album, ?Grown-Up?.

Member Lee Hongki plays the leading role as a lover who?s been given the precious gift of time. We?re introduced to Lee Hongki?s character at a funeral parlour, where he grieves over his girlfriend. He rushes out, only to bump into a girl who looks exactly like her?

Find out what happens next in the video below!

Allkpop