Do you ever save a pic, than forget where it came from.  Like I JUST saved this pic to translate, and now I can't find the post where it came from.  sigh.

Anyway, I'll look more later.  But the gist of it was that someone else on weibo had also came up with the life span predictions and that XY's would have been better off timewise with XL, given Jing's lifespan is so short after his tail amputation and near death.  They also said a 100 years, but then they extended it cause ... Jing would drink XY's blood EVERY DAY to make it to 300 years!

O_O

Oh, how the wheel turns.  lol!

Kokuto:

Do you ever save a pic, than forget where it came from.  Like I JUST saved this pic to translate, and now I can't find the post where it came from.  sigh.

Anyway, I'll look more later.  But the gist of it was that someone else on weibo had also came up with the life span predictions and that XY's would have been better off timewise with XL, given Jing's lifespan is so short after his tail amputation and near death.  They also said a 100 years, but then they extended it cause ... Jing would drink XY's blood EVERY DAY to make it to 300 years!

O_O

Oh, how the wheel turns.  lol!

Poor XY, still using her body.  This time she doesn't even have choice giv n her desperation. There's a price for everything and she just happened to take the most expensive route.

plor20:

Poor XY, still using her body.  This time she doesn't even have choice giv n her desperation. There's a price for everything and she just happened to take the most expensive route.

If that's what happens, which I don't recall anyone mentioning it from the novel, it would be karma given some of the stuff some Jingers were saying early on.

I guess it would be karmic for the characters too, in a way -- Jing literally can't live without XY.  But again, I'm not sure where the idea that XY would have to blood heal Jing up came from, much less daily.   I forget, did XL use the blood gem he made from XY's blood for Jing or for XY when she tried to kill herself?

Kokuto:

If that's what happens, which I don't recall anyone mentioning it from the novel, it would be karma given some of the stuff some Jingers were saying early on.

I guess it would be karmic for the characters too, in a way -- Jing literally can't live without XY.  But again, I'm not sure where the idea that XY would have to blood heal Jing up came from, much less daily.   I forget, did XL use the blood gem he made from XY's blood for Jing or for XY when she tried to kill herself?

He used it for Jing. He gave it to the mermaids, and then fell on the ocean waves staring at the moon, lonely af. The clues we get is XL giving it a mermaid, Jing saying a pair of mermaids saved and nursed him back and Sir Bie, noting to himselfthat only XL would have the ability to sermon mermaids to his bidding.

I think windi shared an essay I wrote very early on the implications of the blood oath from the Hmong/Miao perspective a long time ago...but in Hmong culture, blood oaths can only be fulfilled and only repaid in blood, can never be broken. So, if XY spends the rest of her life keeping Jing alive using her blood, that is her payment for not fulfilling her blood oath to XL. The way I see is that XL's oath was multilayered, a verbal one (made at the riverside) and by blood with the walnut. She only fulfilled her verbal oath when she ran away from her wedding, but in order for her to fulfill her blood oath, she would need to live and love in matrimony with XL.

New news. WeTV released a list of drama that they anticipate releasing during March, LYF 2 is part of the list. This is just anticipate not confirmed 

HeadInTheClouds:

New news. WeTV released a list of drama that they anticipate releasing during March, LYF 2 is part of the list. This is just anticipate not confirmed 

Well, at least I won’t spend my birthday month grieving. 

liddi:
I used to write stories when I was much younger

liddi:
but not anymore and I am not sure if I can find the energy and the inspiration to do so. The most I do is ramble away every now and again on platforms like these, when time permits and the inclination strikes me.

Very relatable. ^^"

But you also do + share the best translations!

liddi:
And immerse in awesome fics that are written about well loved characters - thank you!

<3

HeadInTheClouds:

Trying real hard to keep my expectations under control.

nathsketch:
Well, at least I won’t spend my birthday month grieving.

If it starts airing in March I guess we'll all be mourning in May?

Hopefully it will all be out of your system by August, and then when November rolls around you can light a candle for him on Dia de Finados. 

HeadInTheClouds:

the melon that i read is Legend of Shen li will be aired on 18/3 (it seems it is quite certain.). 

HeadInTheClouds:

the melon that i read is Legend of Shen li will be aired on 18/3 (it seems it is quite certain.). 

HeadInTheClouds:

H19279:

That's what Koala says also about Legend of Shen Li.

I found this on Twitter ... it's a TenCent list for shows that they are planning to air from March to May, and LYF 2 is on it!  So it can air anytime in those three months?

https://x.com/ForCdrama/status/1765942979058139613?s=20

Kokuto:

That's what Koala says also about Legend of Shen Li.

I found this on Twitter ... it's a TenCent list for shows that they are planning to air from March to May, and LYF 2 is on it!  So it can air anytime in those three months?

https://x.com/ForCdrama/status/1765942979058139613?s=20

Will LYF be broadcast exclusively on WeTV/Tencent or also on satellite channel? 

Anyway i will wait until alll the episodes are available. 

H19279:

Will LYF be broadcast exclusively on WeTV/Tencent or also on satellite channel? 

Anyway i will wait until alll the episodes are available. 

I'm not sure what you mean by a satellite channel?  Like Viu or Netflix?  I assume it will air on the same platforms that season 1 aired on.

Wait for ALL the episodes???  I don't have that kind of will power.  :)

@Kokuto

Like Viu or Netflix?  I assume it will air on the same platforms that season 1 aired on.

I mean if it is broadcast on TV such as CTTV . I watched S1 in middle of August last year. on youtube. 

Thus i didn’t know its  broadcast schedule 

H19279:

@Kokuto

Like Viu or Netflix?  I assume it will air on the same platforms that season 1 aired on.

I mean if it is broadcast on TV such as CTTV . I watched S1 in middle of August last year. on youtube. 

Thus i didn’t know its  broadcast schedule 

Hmmm.  I'm not sure.

HeadInTheClouds:

Does anyone remember if there is an  interview where TH promising a different ending for LYF to made up for the ending of Once Promised?  Or the one where she talked about wanting to change XL's ending, but realised that she couldn't? 

I'm not sure if these are my imagination or if they are real. 

One of the challenges of tracing back what Tong Hua said, particularly on Weibo is that her account post display has been limited to the last 6 months, and she has not been posting on her account for a long time, which is a real shame because it would have been such a treat to go through her thoughts prior to and after the publication of the novel itself. I do remember reading previously on Weibo (honestly can't remember where though) that someone spoke of how Tong Hua once said that she tried to make Xiang Liu the endgame, but in the end, the characters wrote themselves as she got to know them more, and the story turned out the way it did.  

Certainly, in her 2019 interview on 书生说 Scholar Speaks, she said this:

During the creative process, do you work out in advance the ending of each character?
I normally do not write an outline for my stories, which means I myself actually have no idea how the character would end. As I write, it's sometimes based on my own deeper understanding of the characters or like being pushed. Or perhaps sometimes it's the character who guides you slowly towards the end of his fate. So it is not deliberate, but a natural progression.

and she herself expressed grief over Xiang Liu's fate in her Weibo post early 2012, before the novel was published:

Coming out from the supermarket, the wind was strong and the sun was bright. Through the car window, I saw that the blue skies were really blue and the white clouds were really white. I thought of Nine Lives (a character in a story), all dressed in white, living nine lives in the mortal realm, a demon who should have been so unfettered and free but instead trapped himself with responsibility. I always love to use the snow to describe him. Just as I was feeling sad, it suddenly started snowing, and the snowflakes hit against the car window. I was shocked! The sun was clearly still shining brightly. My husband said, "Sunny and snowing! It's a rare occurrence!"

-- 桐华tonghua @ Weibo, 26 Feb 2012

What she did say in interviews circa 2019 (including Scholar Speaks and Sohu) about Once Promised as opposed to Lost You Forever was that she considered Once Promised a tragedy, but not Lost You Forever, because in the latter, everyone  found their proper place in life, and obtained what they wished for, and achieved what they wanted most. I think therein lies her intent - to differentiate between the two works. From the same Sohu interview:

MT: Having published so many works that readers know and love so well, how do you avoid falling into a rut or a similar style?
TH: I feel that my stories will definitely be confined within my own thoughts and ideas, with traces of myself in it which cannot be completely eradicated. I do not deliberately avoid falling into a similar pattern, but I do "love what is new, and dislike the old". Each story I am inspired to write is due to the fact that there is something refreshing in it.