Can someone spoil for me what happens in episode 34 in the novel after she finds out XL saved her partly in return for something in exchange?

I think the epilogue is very important. They might end it at that.

ok so clarification

Why did XL took the bug from CX?  I'm also not sure he's in love with her yet but reading mdl comments made me think about it 

Kokuto  an hour ago

Hide Spoiler
He only agreed to the bug transfer, because XY made a deal to do so. Plus, pure conjecture on my part, I think he may have wanted to learn if he did have love feelings for XY, and getting the bug would prove he did. What we learn later, is that XL is a demon who hasn't had normal human experiences or emotions. Before the bug, I don't think he understands what is going on.

The bug seems to let people feel the sensations, not actually have the same events happen to them physically. Except death. I think if you die, then the other person also dies.

reposting it here so it doesn't drown in mdl comments

AH  VIP 18 minutes ago

Hide Spoiler
The drama and the novel don't specify the exact reasons why XL chooses to accept the bug, but context clues suggest that he was self-aware enough to realize he had already developed feelings for XY and at least didn't want her to die (and he knew that she would likely die if the bug stayed with CX). Personally, I think at that point he already wanted to be the companion who would alleviate her loneliness and the person she could rely on, which was why he felt so betrayed later when he initially found out about her relationship with ZX and KoH. Meaning that she wasn't the abandoned person she originally claimed to be. A person with a past very similar to his own.

He might also want the connection so he can know about her feelings or when she's hurt, or because the connection can help keep XY alive in the future at times when she might otherwise be killed.

And on some level I even think that there was an element of jealousy. XL always seems oddly pleased when XY creates a poison especially for him. She prepared the bug especially for him too. He might've felt a twinge of jealousy that she used it on his enemy instead. He might even feel like transferring the bug to him would be like making sure he got something that was always meant to be his. Especially since the bug comes with a fated connection to XY.

I think the deal he made with XY in exchange for accepting the bug was just an excuse (much like the deal he made with A Nian later on) and not his actual motive for suggesting and accepting the transfer.

XL seems to understand how the bugs work better than anyone else. In the drama, he specifically seeks the information out. In the novel, we don't know how he gets the information, but he is still the one who suggests transferring the bug and he is immediately able to control the connection between him and XY so that XY can't feel his pain or emotions (except for one instance where he intentionally lets her feel his pain). When XY finally learns more about the bugs, she tells XL what she found out right away and he isn't surprised at all. Later, XL knows how to use the connection to save XY and also how to break the connection, which was information that XY never found out.

AH  VIP 2 hours ago

Hide Spoiler

Novel spoilers ahead.

For me, the satisfaction of XY x TSJ's happy ending doesn't come from them having chemistry. It mostly comes from the fact that it was only possible because it is part of the ending that XL chose and orchestrated.

He succeeds in keeping her alive through everything, even two "deaths". Which I believe has been one of his main goals since at least the point where he decided to accept the lovers' insect. But he also saved TSJ's life specifically so that TSJ could be the life-long devoted companion she needed.

He kept himself at arm's length from XY and never let her understand his true feelings for her because they both knew it wouldn't be possible for them to have a happy ending and he couldn't be the constant, end-game companion she needed. But he could be the temporary companion that alleviated her sadness and loneliness before she could be with TSJ, and he succeeded in that role as FFB. In the novel, he spent more than two years as FFB teaching her archery and being her frequent companion.

In the end, he couldn't have a happy ending with XY, but he got everything else he wanted: he died an honourable soldier's death on the battlefield fighting for the noble cause he devoted himself to, he kept XY alive and gave her a happy ending with TSJ, and he knew that despite all his efforts to keep his distance, XY cared enough about him that she couldn't bring herself to kill him even after he tried to kill ZX (again) and succeeded in killing FL, but no so much that his choices and ending would completely devastate her.

The bug topic is indeed interesting coz there's no direct interpretation of it. I hope the drama can better explain it along the way.

Personally, I do agree with some of the points mentioned. Still vague on why he did accept it. But as you said, he already feels something for XY, maybe not yet romantic at that time, but he certainly feels something, maybe a sense of similitude due to their childhood experiences, which also explains why the bug entered him quite fast that XY was surprised how he took it so quickly. The first time she tried to put the bug into him, it didn't work coz at that point, XL prolly doesn't feel anything for her yet. So I think the bug also works as long one is willing to take it.

This is just my opinion as a drama watcher coz I didn't read the novel.

Also about  "In the novel, we don't know how he gets the information, but he is still the one who suggests transferring the bug and he is immediately able to control the connection between him and XY so that XY can't feel his pain or emotions (except for one instance where he intentionally lets her feel his pain). "

When did he intentionally let XY feel his pain?

"XY cared enough about him that she couldn't bring herself to kill him even after he tried to kill ZX (again) and succeeded in killing FL, but no so much that his choices and ending would completely devastate her."

So is there gonna be a confrontation then between XY and XL of her trying to kill him but can't after XL tried to kill Xuan?

chase_kayden:

Also about  "In the novel, we don't know how he gets the information, but he is still the one who suggests transferring the bug and he is immediately able to control the connection between him and XY so that XY can't feel his pain or emotions (except for one instance where he intentionally lets her feel his pain). "

When did he intentionally let XY feel his pain?

Chapter 32 of the novel. 

Xiao Yao turned to leave and Xiang Liu said: “A word of reminder, the voodoo bug still connects us so if you tell the world I’m Fang Feng Bei, don’t blame me if I hurt your heart and you die from the pain.” Xiao Yao stopped and looked back at Xiang Liu. “Don’t believe me?”  Xiao Yao’s heart was suddenly cut with so much pain like a sword pierced it, the pain so excruciating she fell on the ground in a slump

Xiang Liu appeared to hold her life in his hands and he coldly said “If you don’t want to die, then don’t say a word!” Xiao Yao was in such pain her face was ashen and cold sweat dotted her face. She sat up and smiled. “Is this the reason you never had time to go to Jiu Li to break the voodoo bug? You want to control my life and death so that one day you can hold me hostage to your will? General Xiang Liu, you really are something!”

Xiang Liu smiled and turned to leave. With a whistle his white condor descended and he vaulted on its back and disappeared in the clouds. The pain in Xiao Yao’s heart vanished but it was so painful that her body was still weak and needed some time to recover her strength. After some time, she slowly got up and walked towards town. 

chase_kayden:
So is there gonna be a confrontation then between XY and XL of her trying to kill him but can't after XL tried to kill Xuan?

If the drama follows the novel, yes. 

@AH Thank you for sharing. But is XL injured or something at that point, which is why XY felt such pain?

Tan Jian Ci Interview on XL n XY

interviewer: How do you personally interpret Xiang Liu’s emotional stance towards Xiao Yao?
#TanJianci: “I believe the audience's interpretation has been quite accurate. His feelings for Xiao Yao are simply unspeakable love—restrained and controlled. Xiang Liu knows he has no way to be with Xiao Yao. Moreover, what I find more intriguing is that as a demon, he has never experienced love from childhood to adulthood; he has never been loved, nor has he loved anyone else. He has only known being beaten, killed, and killing others. Therefore, his emotional world is relatively singular. However, whenever he encounters XY, he is actually slowly learning to experience love. This includes how Hong Jiang saved Xiang Liu, and he is willing to spend his whole life repaying the kindness. So, his feelings towards XY are similar. His charm lies in the idea that if you help me once, I’ll dedicate my entire life to repaying you.”
-
In the end, TJC said XL’s charm lies in the idea that if someone helps him once, he’ll dedicate his entire life to repaying them. The only reason why XL can't be with XY is that he has already pledged to his savior (General of Chenrong, Hong Jiang) that he will die for him and live for him, even before meeting XY. The weight of responsibilities that he carries is far from ordinary. He doesn't represent only one clan, one family, or one single group of people but represents the entire Chenrong nation: their dignity, honor, self-respect for themselves and their motherland, as well as the bravery and history of their ancestors. We're aware that Chenrong is under Xiyan's control, as they lost the battle long ago. Despite knowing that they are already at the end of their rope, Chenrong’s people persist in their fight, adamantly refusing to surrender, until their final breath, protecting their homeland & dignity. At this moment, they hold only one aspiration: to perish for Chenrong and live for Chenrong. 
For XL, things were simple unless he met XY. Now, Two divergent paths lie ahead of him. One is love, the other is responsibility, and he must make a choice. Will he forsake his responsibilities for love, or give up XY? TJC has already shared that XL is someone who will dedicate his entire life in gratitude for even a single act of help. He has already vowed to his savior once that he will devote his entire life to him, to both living and dying for him. So, The answer is already clear about what he will choose. But letting go of XY doesn't mean he loves her less. We can't even imagine the extent of dedication, determination, and selflessness in his love for XY. I'm certain that in the upcoming episodes, he's going to make numerous sacrifices for XY that will deeply move your heart.
Also, Do you remember the moment when XY once said to XL, 'I’m powerless to protect myself, with nowhere to go and no one to rely on'?" This time, Fang Feng Bei is there to make sure that she can protect herself, have a place to go, and someone to lean on (even if it's not with him). The reason he intentionally asked her to observe his archery skills was to teach her so she can protect herself from any danger. 
Also, Those audiences who are saying XY ends up with Jing because she only loves him. Well, yes, she loves him. But if you observe the relationship between XL and XY closely, it might not be as simple as you think. While it appears that she is indeed in love with Jing, it doesn’t specifically indicate that she is not in love with XL. The dynamics between her and XL, as well as their conversations, and interactions, might puzzle you. On the surface, XY might appear apprehensive of XL, yet beneath that exterior, she seems to be more authentic and at ease with him. Also, Tong Hua, the author of the novel 'Lost You Forever' (who is also the scriptwriter of this drama), has also revealed that among the three guys, XL is XY's favorite. 

Do you have the excerpt from the novel of this one?

TurboMuffin:
The bug seems to let people feel the sensations, not actually have the same events happen to them physically. Except death. I think if you die, then the other person also dies.

Basing this off the novel again, but it's important to differentiate information that the characters are told (which may or may not be true) from information that is demonstrated to be true by events that actually take place.

In the novel, the Voodoo King says that if the bugs are used by people who are not lovers, or by lovers who turn against each other, then the bugs will turn into heartbreak bugs and both hosts will die. He also suggests (by singing a ballad) that even if the hosts remain truly in love, if one host dies, then the other will die. No events in the drama transpire to confirm whether any of this information is true, and the second part seems to contradict the survival concept. 

On the other hand, the Voodoo King says that the lovers' bugs can also have a positive effect: if one host is gravely injured, they will survive if the other host is healthy. This appears to be true. In the novel, XY pretty much dies, except that her connection to XL keeps her in a state that is not-quite-dead long enough to allow XL to use his essential blood and extra lives to bring her back to life. 

chase_kayden:

@AH Thank you for sharing. But is XL injured or something at that point, which is why XY felt such pain?

XL has greater spiritual power so he is able to control the bug better than she can cos she lost her power from the 8 tail fox. When she's able to feel certain things it's because XL experienced unexpected things so he lost control momentarily before keeping a firm hold again.