[i'm going to go through a good number of things, so this will be pretty long, please bear with me fdkljs]

i guessed this after the 5th ep but i was waiting to finish this week's eps to see if i was right and now im pretty sure i am. it's obvious at this point ig, but yohan being the murderer didn't add up for a couple of reasons.

1. from a show writer's perspective, obviously it was too early to reveal the real killer. and again, they kept showing us scenes that proved yohan wasn't unemotive or whatever.  i think he really was just bad at emoting bc of all the bullying and ostracization  he must have faced growing up bc he was 'han seojun's son'. he's just a smart, traumatized kid, he might not even be one of those 'psychopath' kids.

2. i've mentioned this before, but i always found it strange that they'd go to lengths to show how 'kind' bareum was in front of other ppl. every time you'd see a scene where you'd think 'oh he's so nice' or 'oh he's such a child' there was Always a second person there. in ep6 we see what he truly is like when he's all alone for the first time.

3. they gave us a solid reason in ep5. after that i was convinced there was no way yohan could have killed them. the first murder was of the boxing trainer, and it was a hate crime clearly done for revenge. it's what makes moochi link the head hunter to this case, bc the trainer was a family member of the victims. in ep5 they showed yohan getting nearly beaten to death bc of his father, would a son like that really harbor such affection for that father that he'd brutally kill someone linked to his father's case? he seemed to want to do nothing with his father, even the scene where they met, he seemed off, upset somehow, so he wouldn't Kill ppl for that father, not when he hadn't even tried to kill the guys that nearly murdered him.

tbh the only reason i really thought that okay maybe it Is yohan, was the fact he had those pictures. pictures that not the police had taken, which even if they had as a doctor he would have never gotten his hands on. which made me so confused about how someone else could possibly be the murdered. bc okay say theoretically, he was maybe following the killer, but again there was no way he'd know who the killer was no matter how much of a genius he might be, the victims were seemingly random.

another discrepancy was the fact chikook's attempted murder. there's a lot about this but. how did yohan get into PRISON, commit murder unnoticed, such a flashy one at that, and how did someone who's never been to prison before know where to hang those clothes up for display. in ep6 they showed us that yohan Was in prison that day, but again the timeframe doesn't match. how did he know to avoid the guards and the cctvs even? there's also the fact that for whatever reason, the killer didn't kill chikook, which is kind of unnecessary. he didn't need to leave him alive to display his crimes but he hasn't done that with anyone else.

now on to bareum. i think most of us found him pretty fishy from the start, since he was the main character and all. he was also, linked to a good number of these victims. i mean think of it, as a doctor did yohan really spend his free time surfing thru the net to find potential victims? bareum's a cop tho, he doesn't need internet fishing, it might be ppl he knew met irl, and looked up online. like the 2nd victim, if he saw her at the bar and looked her up, he'd know about the daughter thing. it makes more sense than a doctor who seems like a home shut in.

it's also v obvious that yohan gets anxious about these crimes, but the killer's been showcasing them to the world. why would someone who's so scared be taking videos and broadcasting them, it doesn't make sense. there's also the fact that no one would have known about the fake video, esp when it was supposed to be sent, but the killer both made another one and sent it Before them.

i'll make point onto bareum and why i think he's both han seojun's real son and the killer.

1. the first discrepancy. the photos. this was the only thing that didn't add up for me, bc after ep5 i was almost convinced yohan couldn't possibly be a killer. it was just a hunch before but the last scene in ep6 confirmed this for me.  from the start, they kept dragging yohan into this, and then yohan was shown to have those photos. if hadn't taken them himself, the only reason he'd have those was if someone else sent those to him. only someone obsessed with him, someone trying to make him miserable, some trying to drag him into this would do that. 

2. i'm sure everyone found it strange that bareum was supposed to be the other woman's son, but despite having those genes he seemed neither too smart nor too cunning. there's also the fact he kept lying? implying that his parents died together when they hadn't. in the last part of ep6, we see him climbing into yohan's home with such practiced ease, no one bats an eye at that. it only when he sees his own photos in yohan's basement do we see his face finally twist. 

more minor details:

1. he kept saying he wouldn't marry bongyi, but he keeps purposely doing things for her that would be read as romantic. like he's purposely trying to earn her affections, like he Wants her to like him for some reason. even that time when they were all alone after the match, and he asked her seriously if she really wanted to marry him? he seemed two-faced with it all and that was weird.

2. when he found with bongyi, he played his usual role of being a weak loser. but she mentioned that the person at the cathedral was really strong. once they were alone, she also mentioned that she'd slashed his left arm to bareum only, which he should have (it was a solid piece of evidence) but didn't mention to anyone. yohan was a doctor that worked in emergency, if his arm was injured it'd be pretty apparent.

3. the real killer's face has never been shown. not once while he was committing his crimes was his face shown. even in the cathedral, they showed the child, so we knew it really was this kid that was murdering ppl, but they didn't show us yohan like they should have if he was the killer. also, yohan doesn't wear a face mask to anywhere, but the killer always has it on when he's murdering others.

4. bareum did smell mint in the crowd, so he knew the 'killer' was there, but he ignored it and moved on? it was such a bloody murder, but yohan didn't seem bloody at all either.

5. despite being such a bold, evasive killer, yohan left bloody shoes in his home? that's so stupid even for a regular killer. in fact, no idiot is gonna leave even pictures in their home once they start publicizing their crimes so how did such a smart killer do smth so stupid?

6. the mother keeps repeating she should have killed the 'child' but again she doesn't take a name either.

7. the thing about the killer's dominant arm too. there's a possibility they're ambidextrous, but then why would he commit his murders emphasizing he was left handed. it's rarer it'd be easier to narrow him down from a list of suspects. when bongyi mentioned he was right handed, there's a possibility she was mistaken bc she'd hurt his left arm so he was left with no option but to use his right, but she said that after gauging the strength he'd used in trying to stab her. no one would suddenly be able to apply so much force with their non dominant arm, which means for whatever reason, the killer was purposely trying to mislead the investigation.

8. this is more abstract, but for killer who get this bold, it's very common for them to constantly appear in front of the investigators, while yohan's constantly running away from them.

that was long enough, so i'm making a separate one to explain my theory now.

they were switched after her new family's murder. she must have kept the child in the beginning, but seeing what he'd done, she obviously abandoned him. he killed them all bc he hated them, and now he must have hated his mother too, so the only parental figure he was left to look up to was han seojun. 

maybe it was his mother's mistake, maybe he found out coincidently, but somehow he found out how 'important' his son was to han seojun (maybe after he started working at the prison, possibly to find out more about his father), it ignited his admiration and love for him, which led him to committing the first murder as revenge for his father.

also, the hospital scene in ep5 where bareum tells yohan to save chikook telling him that he's the one who saved him in high school which should be nearly a decade old at this point, where even the victim doesn't remember his saviors (might be bc of trauma too) but bareum remembered it vividly, telling him to 'save the person who saved your life'.

yohan might be the second child, maybe that's why their backgrounds were switched. i can only make theories now, but maybe his mother passed away, so this woman took him in out of pity. maybe he's just another orphan kid unrelated to the three children and it was bareum that looked for the second child and took over their life? 

if i'm right about this, it explains why yohan has those pictures and the bloody shoes, why he asked his friend to lie as an alibi for him, why he hugged hongju and told her he was afraid. 

1. bareum's been sending him told pictures. as presents. to torment him? to ask him to solve it? he's clearly having fun with sending these to yohan to incriminate him and scare him at the same time. i'm guessing that the reason yohan didn't do anything with those was bc he was threatened with maybe his gf or his mother's lives, or maybe bc he's committed some of these murders (daniel lee?).
  2.  he probably knew that he'd become a huge suspect bc of his involvement in this case, and his friend was in on everything so he lied for him. killing his friend might have been bareum's way of teaching him a lesson (it wasn't related to the main killings, and by doing this he both hurt yohan and made him seem suspicious again. yohan got no benefit from it at all, his friend was a pretty good liar).
  3. hongju. there was a scene with her where he says he feels trapped, and if this is true he really is. he knows this step brother of his is trying to frame him, that he's even going after ppl close to him now. he also promises to tell her everything the next night, and even with her, his friends or family his emotiveness doesn't change. he doesn't become overly emotional around them, just maybe smiles more or tears up.
  4. yohan must be a lefty too. framing his brother would be both getting rid of him and ending this case with someone else being the killer. that's why once the bug was mentioned, a broken bug appeared in yohan's trash, which if hongju didn't, the detectives would find. the bloody shoes that matched the shoe size that moochi found, which is somehow the only evidence left over from so many brutal and meticulous murders. 

it makes sense that the original son would be obsessed with ruining this replacement of him. he wants to break both his mother and this boy with this, bc now everyone's concluded that yohan's the killer, no one will listen to him even if he wakes up. yohan must have beaten him up in anger and bareum did that on purpose, bc he knew moochi was on the way and would kill yohan once he was sure he was the killer. he's kept close to both moochi and bongyi so he not only blinds them, he's also guiding them into believing yohan is the killer. 

he sneaked into his home too easily for it to be his first time. 

the abandoning must be why bareum keeps acting in front of others to show how 'sweet, caring and dumb' he is. why there's always another person around when he's acting good.

you said  in point no2 "in ep6 we see what he truly is like when he's all alone for the first time."

then did you remember what happened in EP.3 when JBR made the cage for the bird all ALONE in the rooftop

hvszk:

you said  in point no2 "in ep6 we see what he truly is like when he's all alone for the first time."

then did you remember what happened in EP.3 when JBR made the cage for the bird all ALONE in the rooftop

the bird was already a part of his play by then tho? like ppl had seen him save it and knew he was keeping it. by the hospital scene so many things had happened a little bird would be the least of anyone's worries (remember bongyi suddenly remembering she forgot to feed it). so if he left the cage and window open, anyone would have believed that it flew in a moment of their carelessness.

oh i just remembered this but the show is very much still vaguing about both the head hunter's son and the real killer. (it's obvious enough they're the same person bc of the first murder). 

like whenever jaehoon's mother talks about the 'child', she doesn't take his name. both out of fear of ppl finding out she abandoned him and of the kid himself i think. 

and then when yohan looks at his mother that day. and realizes she knows. he's angry. he would have laughed if he was killer (considering the killer's confidence), or instead tried to check how much she knows instead of outright telling her, but what he says is 'you knew that your son was a killer'. again not talking about himself, and seeming very betrayed and angry in the scene. 

The show never named the "psycho" kids. People have assumed that the kid feeding the mouse to the snake was the son of the headhunter. BTW, JBR and the killer have both the same waiting pose. JBR held his hands behind his back when grandmother asked him to check on Oh Bon Yi. And the killer did the same while waiting for Oh Bon Yi to get up during the fighting scene inside the church. 

Georgie:

The show never named the "psycho" kids. People have assumed that the kid feeding the mouse to the snake was the son of the headhunter. BTW, JBR and the killer have both the same waiting pose. JBR held his hands behind his back when grandmother asked him to check on Oh Bon Yi. And the killer did the same while waiting for Oh Bon Yi to get up during the fighting scene inside the church. 

Right??! i'm starting to think honestly that maybe yohan isn't one of the psychopath kids at all. also omg if they included that kind of detail wow the scriptwriter must be amazing but i didn't notice at all it's so cool that you did!! it should be foreshadowing then

I don't know if the translators were overzealous, but during Ep 1,  5 years after the Headhunter is arrested, he reads an article mentioning that the police has found the remaining of a little kid, however, he scoffs at the world testing and DNA, He then turned the page and see about Dr. Daniel Lee being in Korean. I still wonder if the remaining of this child is going to impact the story. 

If JBR is the killer, I wonder if he has an accomplice, and this accomplice was hidden inside the magic box when he went to prison for the magic show.  

Georgie:

I don't know if the translators were overzealous, but during Ep 1,  5 years after the Headhunter is arrested, he reads an article mentioning that the police has found the remaining of a little kid, however, he scoffs at the world testing and DNA, He then turned the page and see about Dr. Daniel Lee being in Korean. I still wonder if the remaining of this child is going to impact the story. 

If JBR is the killer, I wonder if he has an accomplice, and this accomplice was hidden inside the magic box when he went to prison for the magic show.  

oh oh i don't remember that but there is a possibility it'd be raised again (thou the child might the headhunter's victims).

he might actually!! maybe not an accomplice exactly but maybe its one of the kids who's aware and observes everything/helps him for fun. the little child in yellow. he isn't jaehoon obviously but he's clearly important to the plot too. if he's the accomplice he might have been the one that dialed up the show while it was on air and messed with moochi. (i have it's the third child who's moochi's junior detective).

So, how many people did the psycho kid killed. In episode 3  it looks like there are 3 bodies. However, the mother has survived and she is also the mother of the doctor.  Anyways, I think the accomplice is the 3rd friend. The one that wanted to punch the doctor in the hospital. 

Georgie:

So, how many people did the psycho kid killed. In episode 3  it looks like there are 3 bodies. However, the mother has survived and she is also the mother of the doctor.  Anyways, I think the accomplice is the 3rd friend. The one that wanted to punch the doctor in the hospital. 

he was such a minor character i cant tell jndsknsk anyway he killed the boxer those 6 ppl as part of the serial killing (including the priest) and maybe the child, then the old lady and yohan's friend. he killed his family (minus the mother who i'm assuming was out then) so 11-12 ppl in total. and then there's daniel lee but we don't know who killed him.

So are you totally ruling out Detective Shin? Daniel tested a third child and he could also be a psychopath. I like the theory that Detective Shin is the little boy and that the rat and the snake are Bareum and Yohan, so he enjoys seeing them fighting. I know it isn't the best theory, but I would hate it if the serial killer is Yohan or Bareum. 

Do you remember when Oh Bong Yi came To Bareum house ? She asked Bareum when did he got this house, then he said that this came from his dead parents insurance. Before that there was a flashback of the little kid killing the entire family

Kenza_bdd:

Do you remember when Oh Bong Yi came To Bareum house ? She asked Bareum when did he got this house, then he said that this came from his dead parents insurance. Before that there was a flashback of the little kid killing the entire family 

was the flashback right before? bc i dont remember now fskjfks but yeah the way that dude said 'parents' insurance was a little suspicious bc aside from the fact that from the beginning he'd been implying his parents died together, wouldn't his mother have used her husband's insurance money? his father died before he was even born but he keeps referring to them as an item as if he's not grown up with her or smth. she was the one that raised him in the end he should have had an attachment to her but he doesn't seem to?

also considering he IS the head hunter's son, the money could be from his mother. she's well-off and maybe out of guilt or extortion she gave him money so he could buy a good house at least.