I think he was mostly interested in the property because General Meng is the one who recommended it (for the location) rather than the "kind souls" with unknown intentions.  It might have just been pure coincidence and luck that they stumbled upon this case and struck a blow to the Crown Prince (super convenient).  Maybe the novel has more answers. o_o??

Me bad I don’t mean Lan Manor but the previous house he bought where all the bodies were discovered. 

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Me bad I don’t mean Lan Manor but the previous house he bought where all the bodies were discovered. 

I thought the bodies were found at Lan Manor?  The ownership changed multiple times and the last person to own that property was someone with the name Lan, who owned the property for 2 years.  The original owner was the secret brothel guy who died.

I think they are different houses but I am not positive about it. 

PeachBlossomGoddess:

I can't decide if Mei Changsu was checking out the Lan Manor coincidentally or he already had some inkling about the bodies in the garden. It seems too good to be true to be a happy accident but the drama barely gives any hints on this. It is another big blow to Crown Prince though...

I suspect he has people working for him in the city, like the old man who worked for his family when he was younger. So he probably received tips on the affairs happening in that house back at the time and went there to investigate around with the excuse of finding a house. But this doesn’t explain the luck of casually came across the body in the water well. 

so far the plot is very convenient toward the ML, like in express ki it was for FL. This is why I don’t like historical when they are so fictional. I hope they will explain his move better or his “super brain” will be out shadow by his luck. 

Misunderst0_od:

I think he was mostly interested in the property because General Meng is the one who recommended it (for the location) rather than the "kind souls" with unknown intentions.  It might have just been pure coincidence and luck that they stumbled upon this case and struck a blow to the Crown Prince (super convenient).  Maybe the novel has more answers. o_o??

Yeah, maybe, they added some extra scenes and stuff, We need to read the novel for more information ಥ_ಥ

PeachBlossomGoddess:

I think they are different houses but I am not positive about it. 

I also think they're different. The Lan manor was recommended by an agency, while the other one by General Meng. So the first one was a part of MCS scheming to bring down the involved minister.

I won't be posting my thoughts on episodes since I've finished ages ago, but I'll  join the discussions.

Bonus pic (because what is NIF without Fei Liu?) 

Fei Liu's proud (read: cute) look when he heard praises about his fighting skill.

This reminds me that I want to check whether he plays in other dramas. I think he's done a great acting as Fei Liu.

Oh. My. God. This is our boi Fei Liu! ❤️ He grew up well. 

From MDL profile:

Leo Wu is a young Chinese actor who has already won numerous young actor and newcomer awards

He is known as the "Nation's Little Brother" in China and he is considered one of the “Four Little Heavenly Kings” with Liu Hao Ran, Wang Jun Kai and Wang Yi Bo.  

Yes. He's our little brother for sure, not only for China. :D 

(Not sure what those titles mean, but they seem impressive.) 

Vya van Velaris:

Oh. My. God. This is our boi Fei Liu! ❤️ He grew up well. 

From MDL profile:

Leo Wu is a young Chinese actor who has already won numerous young actor and newcomer awards. 

He is known as the "Nation's Little Brother" in China and he is considered one of the “Four Little Heavenly Kings” with Liu Hao Ran, Wang Jun Kai and Wang Yi Bo.  

Yes. He's our little brother for sure, not only for China. :D 

(Not sure what those titles mean, but they seem impressive.) 

OMG yeah, he's cute.. Btw he's 20 right?

ZeroTwo:

OMG yeah, he's cute.. Btw he's 20 right?

Yes, going 21 this coming December.

I just realized he plays the main role in Fights Break Sphere. I've seen the cover many times, but had never recognized him! I'm really bad at remembering/recognizing faces. 

Vya van Velaris:

I also think they're different. The Lan manor was recommended by an agency, while the other one by General Meng. So the first one was a part of MCS scheming to bring down the involved minister.

I won't be posting my thoughts on episodes since I've finished ages ago, but I'll  join the discussions.

Bonus pic (because what is NIF without Fei Liu?) 

Fei Liu's proud (read: cute) look when he heard praises about his fighting skill.

This reminds me that I want to check whether he plays in other dramas. I think he's done a great acting as Fei Liu.

I think Fei Liu is my all time favorite c-drama character ever... I haven't seen him in any quite so special roles since NIF but I always watch a few of anything he is in. I also love it that he is so fast friends with Hu Ge who is pretty much his mentor.

Poia:

I suspect he has people working for him in the city, like the old man who worked for his family when he was younger. So he probably received tips on the affairs happening in that house back at the time and went there to investigate around with the excuse of finding a house. But this doesn’t explain the luck of casually came across the body in the water well. 

so far the plot is very convenient toward the ML, like in express ki it was for FL. This is why I don’t like historical when they are so fictional. I hope they will explain his move better or his “super brain” will be out shadow by his luck. 

Yes and certainly the courtesan Gong Yu has been well known in the capital for some time. They must have heard about deviant behavior at the brothel since they are in pretty much the same circles. 

One of the criticisms of this show is that most things seem to go as planned for him. I don't 100pct agree because even in Nihuang's recent close shave, he miscalculated. But it is true that he is either extraordinarily lucky or extraordinarily far sighted. I do think that the Crown Prince is so stupid he is an "easy" opponent even with Marquis Xie behind him. 

Hi! Can anyone explain why Mei Changsu is friends with so many high ranking people like Jingrui and his brother as well as General Meng? My friend who watched the whole series says she doesn’t know. 

YVISKEY:

Hi! Can anyone explain why Mei Changsu is friends with so many high ranking people like Jingrui and his brother as well as General Meng? My friend who watched the whole series says she doesn’t know. 

A part of it has to do with his identity as Lin Shu.  He knew these people before (like General Meng who knows his identity).  Another part of it has to do with him being the #1 scholar and leader of Jiangzuo Alliance.  There are many people high up that respect him and his position and would like to be friends with him.