Can someone recommend sad/touching korean or japanese movies WITH a happy ending ? I hope this question is not weird xD I actually like sad movies, but I always feel so sorry for the characters if they don't get a happy ending.
Hope (Korean Movie), i just watched this few days ago and i sobbed so much T.T, You should try it.
Movies:
Kids
Usagi Drop
Hello Ghost 

Dramas:
Kazoku Game 
Tonbi

bokura ga ita (2 movies)
dear friends
my rainy days
Pitch-black Darkness
Kanojo wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru
Always (Korean Movie)
Love Letter
Hidamari no Kanojo
You have a lot to look forward to, lucky you:

- 3-Iron
- Departures
- Happily Ever After
- Oasis
It is not a sad ending. If you think it's a sad ending you didn't understand the movie. :)
I think 3-Iron can be interrupted many different ways!
It's hard to pick a sad movie that has a Happy ending. I think we all label them "sad movie" because they end badly. Maybe Inspirational movies would also be good for you. they usually have people going against all odds that seem sad and then they prevail at the end .(Happy endings)
@KellyFlower

Exactly my point! Which is why I said the person above didn't understand the movie. Its ending is positive and delightfully open to interpretation. It is not one of those endings, open or otherwise, that leave you dissatisfied and scratching your head. But one that engages the intellect and allows you to ascribe a certain emotion to the ending based on how you experienced the events of the film. As someone who is strongly aversed the sad, heartbreaking endings and avoid dramas like these, I wouldn't have rated 3-iron a 10 if it was outright sad. I recommend the OP watch the movie for him/herself and form their own opinion.